FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wanes position untenable?
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20111No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:2627th Mar 24 19:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Wanes position untenable? : Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:16 pm  
At what point does this become the case.

Leaving anyway. Players clearly not playing for him. Clueless in all aspects of play, unless you count headless chickens followed up with a drop off to Bateman as a game plan.

No intensity, no entertainment. Unfit out of condition small players who lack agility and pace.

Ever dwindling crowds.

I would think that would do it personally.
Last edited by jonh on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1081
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Nov 22 17:5710th Aug 20 13:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wanes position untenable? : Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 pm  
jonh wrote:
At what point does is this the case.

Leaving anyway. Players clearly not playing for him. Clueless in all aspects of play, unless you count headless chickens followed up with a drop off to Bateman as a game plan.

No intensity, no entertainment. Unfit out of condition small players who lack agility and pace.

Ever dwindling crowds.

Who you gonna replace him with? I dont know anything about Winder but hes part of the coaching staff overseeing the current performances. Id just ride it out. As i said elsewhere, if we can get to the play offs anything can happen under Wane but to be honest i dont think this current set of players have the ability to beat the big teams when it really matters no matter how fired up Wane manages to get them.
DannyT 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1326No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 08 200222 years226th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 21:0215th Mar 24 00:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wanes position untenable? : Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:29 pm  
I don’t even know where to start on the club at the moment it’s in such a mess. Sarginson a left sided centre at best on the right. Powell a failed 7, had one good season at 9 when playing long minutes but doesn’t do that role anymore. Leuluai endangering opponents at least once a game recently with poor discipline. Not a clue what role Escare is supposed to have in his ten mins per game. Williams possibly the worst value player in SL.

It’s like Wane decided ‘I’ll show this lot what happens when I try and change my style of play’ and then almost have some smug satisfaction when it doesn’t work out. The club reeks of being a **** parody of the worst stag do you can imagine.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3019
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 14 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Aug 20 23:1416th Aug 20 23:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wanes position untenable? : Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:32 pm  
Should have gone at the end of last year..

Its like wane has bought the club

What a joke, a team full of mates, loads od Cr@ap..
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20186 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Jun 18 07:337th Jun 18 21:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wanes position untenable? : Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:33 pm  
jonh wrote:

Ever dwindling crowds.

At this rate it’s gonna be like a 100/1 race horse just about making the racing post.
Somethings got to give and some serious conversations need to be put in place. IL as got to take control. We’ve got hull, cas, Leeds and wire the next 4 games we could be looking at 7 straight defeats if there’s no drastic changes
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1811No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 20168 years217th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 18:1924th Mar 24 11:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wanes position untenable? : Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:36 pm  
jonh wrote:

Ever dwindling crowds.

I’m genuinely surprised. There are many folk on here who are prone to an over reaction but I had you down as one of the more sensible ones.

Leaving anyway - yes he is. Players clearly not playing for him - total rubbish, tonight was not down to lack of effort. Clueless - same team barring a couple of injuries as 3 weeks ago at magic so clearly not clueless, down on confidence, possibly, affected by several recent off the field events, probably but clueless, nope.

Unfit and out of condition, they weren’t 3 weeks ago, I’m no expert but I doubt you loose that kind of fitness in 3 weeks.

In reality, if Wane was sacked tomorrow what would it achieve? Winder would be Head coach until the end of the season and not a lot would change other than some fans getting a kick because a coach they don’t like has gone. Wane deserves to finish the season and I think and hope IL has the sense to realise this.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1811No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 20168 years217th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 18:1924th Mar 24 11:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wanes position untenable? : Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:41 pm  
Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Should have gone at the end of last year..

Its like wane has bought the club

What a joke, a team full of mates, loads od Cr@ap..

I believe, with a very rare exception any coach has a shelf life at a single club. I think last season may have been Wane’s last had it not been for the injuries which being fair prevented us from having a realistic challenge for the title.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3019
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 14 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Aug 20 23:1416th Aug 20 23:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wanes position untenable? : Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:46 pm  
Trainman wrote:
I believe, with a very rare exception any coach has a shelf life at a single club. I think last season may have been Wane’s last had it not been for the injuries which being fair prevented us from having a realistic challenge for the title.

3 Major Domestic Trophies out of 14 Available in 7 years with the best paid and resourced squad in Super League tells you all you need to know about Wane as a coach.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200519 years102nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:0327th Mar 24 13:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wanes position untenable? : Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:46 pm  
Trainman wrote:
I’m genuinely surprised. There are many folk on here who are prone to an over reaction but I had you down as one of the more sensible ones.

Leaving anyway - yes he is. Players clearly not playing for him - total rubbish, tonight was not down to lack of effort. Clueless - same team barring a couple of injuries as 3 weeks ago at magic so clearly not clueless, down on confidence, possibly, affected by several recent off the field events, probably but clueless, nope.

Unfit and out of condition, they weren’t 3 weeks ago, I’m no expert but I doubt you loose that kind of fitness in 3 weeks.

In reality, if Wane was sacked tomorrow what would it achieve? Winder would be Head coach until the end of the season and not a lot would change other than some fans getting a kick because a coach they don’t like has gone. Wane deserves to finish the season and I think and hope IL has the sense to realise this.

I agree with all of this. Its been a very hard three weeks as a Wigan fan but I dont feel the desire to ask for a lynch mob membership just yet, particularly as there will be a fresh start next year anyway. Plus we're 2nd in the league.
Last edited by MadDogg on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20111No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:2627th Mar 24 19:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Re: Wanes position untenable? : Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:47 pm  
Trainman wrote:

I’ve never been a fan of Wane due to the style he played. I was however in the, he has earned one more year camp at the end of last year.

I stand behind the sticks at Belle Vue and it was actually almost amusing how poor we are with our lines of running.

We put 1 move on in the first half, 1.

We scored off that.

I was happy with the performances in until the point where Wane announced his intention to leave the club. If you think those lads are putting a shift in for their coach then I’d hate to see what you think a demotivated set of players would look like!

We were absolutely dismantled tonight in every department, by a team who didn’t get out of 3rd gear and who didn’t have to.

In relation to who takes over, if our coach for next year has been decided and can’t cone early then Locky as player coach with Winder as a stop gap.

It’s all gone very Brian Noble. Awful game plan, then start to play with our eyes up and panic when we have given ourselves too much to do.

Bullied all over the park tonight....again, out enthused and out muscled. Not sure if you were at the game and they probably didn’t show it on Sky but wat hing the players bent over double and on their haunches when Trinity scored in the second half was shocking. The only 2 stood up at one point were Isa and Bateman who were having a stand up row with each other about who should play on the left side.
Next