JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 200222 years28th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:2328th Mar 24 12:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.

Re: reserves : Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:27 pm  
Full game available on Trinity TV
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5639
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 200915 years234th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 03:1524th Mar 24 22:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: reserves : Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:40 pm  
Aye, just got round to watching it now. Typical muddy freezing cold affair. with the usual errors to go along. As a team that won't have ever played together in a game, we had a few timing issues in attack but that's to be expected. Overall though a good hit out and Fax did really well to stay with a much bigger, more experienced Trinity side, so well done to them.

Shame a few more passes didn't stick and a few unnecessary offloads in their 10 had been kept hold of and we'd maybe scored another 4 but it's good to see them out there, both sides.

I thought all things considered our defense was really well drilled. Hirst looked like a man playing against boys he's that big compared to the fax side, then again the ref is one the biggest officials I've seen as well. Both him and Baldwinson laid a good platform gaining good meters each carry and defended well.

I also thought and I noticed it in one of the warm-up games that Jowitt seems to have put a bit of size on. He looked nearly as big as their props out there. Not surprisingly considering I saw him mostly as an 18/19-year-old and he'll be still filling out, plus training in that full-time environment.

I also liked what I saw of Hooley and you can see why the Club like the lad. Apart from the first ball that he tried to trap and bounced upon him, he really does make taking any bomb look easy and his positional play seems very good. I also liked the look of young Hiddleston the hooker, he's certainly a solid lad for his age and definitely one for the future IMO. In fact, all the U19's that made the step up did a good job, not sure who was who at times with a few wearing first team player tops.
MCB looked class but we already know that about him and Arundel had a good steady game.

Batch's goal kicking is coming along nicely, kicked well this game.Important to have a realiable back up for Finn in the future.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35915
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:0426th Mar 24 20:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: reserves : Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:33 am  
Shifty Cat wrote:
Aye, just got round to watching it now. Typical muddy freezing cold affair. with the usual errors to go along. As a team that won't have ever played together in a game, we had a few timing issues in attack but that's to be expected. Overall though a good hit out and Fax did really well to stay with a much bigger, more experienced Trinity side, so well done to them.

Shame a few more passes didn't stick and a few unnecessary offloads in their 10 had been kept hold of and we'd maybe scored another 4 but it's good to see them out there, both sides.

I thought all things considered our defense was really well drilled. Hirst looked like a man playing against boys he's that big compared to the fax side, then again the ref is one the biggest officials I've seen as well. Both him and Baldwinson laid a good platform gaining good meters each carry and defended well.

I also thought and I noticed it in one of the warm-up games that Jowitt seems to have put a bit of size on. He looked nearly as big as their props out there. Not surprisingly considering I saw him mostly as an 18/19-year-old and he'll be still filling out, plus training in that full-time environment.

I also liked what I saw of Hooley and you can see why the Club like the lad. Apart from the first ball that he tried to trap and bounced upon him, he really does make taking any bomb look easy and his positional play seems very good. I also liked the look of young Hiddleston the hooker, he's certainly a solid lad for his age and definitely one for the future IMO. In fact, all the U19's that made the step up did a good job, not sure who was who at times with a few wearing first team player tops.
MCB looked class but we already know that about him and Arundel had a good steady game.

Batch's goal kicking is coming along nicely, kicked well this game.Important to have a realiable back up for Finn in the future.

I thought the move of the game was early in the second half. Ackroyd took the ball in his own 20 dummies the defence twice and got a lovely ball out to Hooly. He then made a nice run but had the ball stripped about 10 metres out debatable as to whether it should have been play on but it was a tricky one for the ref.

In dry weather they would have scored that try a try that would grace any SL game imho - some talent at the club at all levels right now :-)
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5639
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 200915 years234th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 03:1524th Mar 24 22:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: reserves : Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:22 pm  
vastman wrote:
I thought the move of the game was early in the second half. Ackroyd took the ball in his own 20 dummies the defence twice and got a lovely ball out to Hooly. He then made a nice run but had the ball stripped about 10 metres out debatable as to whether it should have been play on but it was a tricky one for the ref.

In dry weather they would have scored that try a try that would grace any SL game imho - some talent at the club at all levels right now :-)

Agree it was an excellent move, Ackrofd playing what's in front of him and the Fax side buying his dummies like they were on sale. Shame Hooley couldn't hold on when he got hit because a try was a definitely on.
Previous

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rd 6 I Cas A
rollin thund
2m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Catalans Home
Douglas Blac
10m
No grade A for 2025 for Trinity