FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What a waste of money !!!
RankPostsTeam
International Star920
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Sep 17 08:1031st Aug 17 14:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Old Faithful

Re: What a waste of money !!! : Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:17 pm  
Sandra The Terrorist wrote:
Evening chief, it's a crying shame how the Hull clubs are on the pitch these last few seasons.

I don't think your squad is anywhere near the top four that many were predicting or ours the same, but we should be severely better off on the table than we are.

Agree
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5166No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 02 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Jun 17 13:2218th Mar 17 18:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!

Re: What a waste of money !!! : Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:35 pm  
First half we needed to have got more on the board, Salford made a lot of errors, we had the territory and possession to have scored at least one more try.

Second half we just never started, Salford played some nice stuff in patches but we were awful, terrible errors and useless last tackle plays.

Our kicking game throughout was pathetic, and not just Scapegoat Keating (although he is/has been virtually invisible on the creation front) just banging up bombs into the in goal that no one has a chance of getting near is not acceptable at this level.

Any decent kicks that we did put in, the kick chase was lazy.

Salford sniped on our mistakes and were pretty ruthless on capitalising on them, their forwards won the battle and made good yards, Chase became more influential as the game went on and his reverse pass to who it was I can't remember was sublime. He'd tried it at least twice before, I'm not a huge fan of his but you have to admire his confidence in his own ability to keep trying those special plays.

I didn't think Child was too bad, he let Tommy Lee get away with an awful lot of wrestle and laying on, but we were again, story of the season, guilty of giving away sloppy penalties.

Having said that about Lee, I thought his hit on Burns wasn't particularly late (prepares to be crucified!) And Burns's reaction as a supposed co captain at that stage of the game, indefensible.

He'll be banned for that, and rightly so, just as we come into a crucial period.

Most worrying for me was the lack of effort, and enthusiasm at times, players jogging the ball in, lack of runner's, lazy efforts in winning the collision in defence.

Conceding what? Thirty unanswered points at home to a team that is comparable to yourselves at home is unforgivable.

I'll try and find a couple of positives. Chan tried hard and was aggressive on debut, Salter worked hard and largely contained the dangerous Sau and Green took them on.

Salford well worth the win, and not just because we were poor in that second half, they were rubbish in the first half but fixed things up and deservedly put us to the sword.

Big, big loss in a near must win game.

Agree. Tackle could have been deemed latish but wasn't dangerous. Burns reaction was one of frustration and not becoming of a co-captain. Him being binned was a catalyst to the thrashing.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach670No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 17 200618 years294th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 17:0423rd Apr 24 21:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What a waste of money !!! : Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm  
Evening chief, it's a crying shame how the Hull clubs are on the pitch these last few seasons.

I don't think your squad is anywhere near the top four that many were predicting or ours the same, but we should be severely better off on the table than we are.

The table does not lie Sandra, we are exactly where we should be. The best we can hope for is eight...then what. Season has gone for me and after watching that shambles just confirmed it. :(
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3253No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 25 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Dec 16 19:398th Nov 16 10:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What a waste of money !!! : Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:10 pm  
John Gilbert Reds wrote:
What a pathetic post by LF, embarrassing.

Oh come on... Lighten up... It's a bit of fun no different to what was being sang back at the Rovers fans on the terraces. If you can't throw a bit of bait on a message board and can only use it for serious debate... Then all the fun is taken away. It's bad enough that we have the RFL changing the rules of the game to make it less enjoyable... Stop taking the enjoyment out of beating a rival who's supporters were giving it out. Once upon a time baiting the opposition fans was half the fun of winning... Now we have message board anoracks stoping us being immature for a while.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4879
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200618 years105th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 18:1521st Apr 24 07:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Drypool Bridge - watching out for invaders from the East.
Signature
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND

Re: What a waste of money !!! : Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:17 pm  
TheButcher wrote:
Ignoring the obvious bait by the OP, thought the HKR fans have been very honest and are a credit, both on here and on Social Media. As Salford fans we're being constantly told how we win purely due to the other team being worse than us.

But logic surely dictates that the better of the two teams usually wins. Nobody has to be good, just not be worse than the opposition.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 17 09:4128th Nov 16 12:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Salford Red Devils RLFC.

Gotcha wrote:
Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.

Re: What a waste of money !!! : Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:22 pm  
Nothing wrong with giving it to the opposition when you're winning, we all did it enough today but to come on their message board minutes after the games finished and post "egg on your face" is cringeworthy.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11923
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200717 years172nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 17:3825th Feb 24 00:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.

Frederick Douglas

Re: What a waste of money !!! : Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:29 pm  
Hessle Roader wrote:
But logic surely dictates that the better of the two teams usually wins. Nobody has to be good, just not be worse than the opposition.

I think I know what Mr. Butcher means.

And obviously, I can't speak for him.

When we first came up, until we finished fourth, pretty much every win we had was due (according to opposition fans) their team playing poorly, we dominated a few teams that year, but got little credit.

Salford were always going to take time to gel, Dr. Koukash seems intent on further strengening, I hope he and the Salford club do, I'm a big fan of the way he's trying to shake things up.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11923
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200717 years172nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 17:3825th Feb 24 00:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.

Frederick Douglas

Re: What a waste of money !!! : Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:34 pm  
John Gilbert Reds wrote:
Nothing wrong with giving it to the opposition when you're winning, we all did it enough today but to come on their message board minutes after the games finished and post "egg on your face" is cringeworthy.

I don't think it is, we've all got our bell ends chief, it is good that posters such as yourself post as an antidote to them.

And, to be fair, as a home crowd, when we went in front, we gave it to you, then you bummed us and gave it back more.

Fair play I'd say!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5404No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 12 200717 years259th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 00:3815th Apr 24 15:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What a waste of money !!! : Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:45 pm  
blakeysrobin wrote:
Agree. Tackle could have been deemed latish but wasn't dangerous. Burns reaction was one of frustration and not becoming of a co-captain. Him being binned was a catalyst to the thrashing.

I agree, contrary to the east stand blinker brigade Lee did little wrong, burns took an eternity to get the kick away, TL got to him and hit him as he kicked it, nothing wrong with it but burns lost it, ban for punching coming up.

I actually thought child reffed it pretty well, the ironic clapping was cringeworthy in the 1st half, becoming a bit of a cliche.

As for the game, we were gash, Salford were average 1st half but once they got a roll on they looked pretty good, chase with time to play can dictate and mason brown has pace to burn, season over now.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jul 19 16:551st Jul 19 19:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

Re: What a waste of money !!! : Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:46 pm  
Can't really blame the op for what he said we should at least wait until we had the game won before singing what a waste if money not as there taking the field we set ourselves up for that one
PreviousNext