JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Oct 15 06:0729th Oct 15 06:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Halifax game : Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:10 am  
Lol neither of them offered anything out of dummy half that u didn't see coming tho not entirely there fault as the ruck area was painfully slow.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1326No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 21 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Jun 17 14:018th Jun 17 07:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Halifax game : Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:03 am  
bishops finger wrote:
ive heard Keal Carlile was top notch though ;)

Played at scrum half thought he was ineffective although Fax to their credit snuffed him out with constant pressure whenever he had the ball - he was on the receiving end of a few big hits from Ambler and their stocky centre Taylor. He did have opportunities to run the ball from dummy half but it doesn't seem to be in his DNA. Boudebza tried but Kaye dominated that area of play (and was my MoTM).

As someone has already remarked, Fax were very tight whereas Rovers were disorganised and lacked any real penetration. What disappointed me most was not seeing the defensive resolve Chester is suppose to be accountable for, but this was more apparent when Horne went off injured, who had his usual good show.

I agree with the comments about Kris Welham, he looks as though he has shrugged off last seasons doldrums but could have shielded his wingman more, something's never change.

The player I was most disappointed with was Josh Guzdek; I know he is coming back from injury but he did himself no favours yesterday.

The opposite cannot be said about Matty Marsh, who after a slow start began to dominate and probe before his injury; he took a couple of 'unfriendly' follow through's but Fax came over to play, even Jason Netherton got the treatment, and that was a striking difference to me and reflected in the final score.

The consensus from those I spoke to after the match was how Rovers coaching staff had underestimated Fax, that's one theory, but you have to trial the youngsters and it did seem the right time to do so. At least Chester and Poching have more insight on the progress of the u19s, for sure they will be very happy with Matty Marsh.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5404No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 12 200717 years269th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 21:1215th Apr 24 15:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Halifax game : Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:20 am  
I see yesterday as a real missed opportunity, we have virtually a new team to gel together and a very limited time to do so. Our next 2 matches are against SL opposition and will be pretty rugged affairs so why wouldn’t Chester give his 1st team a run out yesterday.
Realistically what did we gain from that, I struggle to see a positive, Carlisle at 7? Will that ever happen, Playing our 2nd string everywhere else will give us an insight into how they play but unless they are in a team with other 1st teamers it doesn’t give a representative view.
For me we’d have been better playing our 1st team against a championship 1 team just to blow off the cobwebs and get some combinations going.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2862
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 17 200914 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Dec 17 14:1413th Dec 17 08:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well

Re: Halifax game : Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am  
barham red wrote:
I see yesterday as a real missed opportunity, we have virtually a new team to gel together and a very limited time to do so. Our next 2 matches are against SL opposition and will be pretty rugged affairs so why wouldn’t Chester give his 1st team a run out yesterday.
Realistically what did we gain from that, I struggle to see a positive, Carlisle at 7? Will that ever happen, Playing our 2nd string everywhere else will give us an insight into how they play but unless they are in a team with other 1st teamers it doesn’t give a representative view.
For me we’d have been better playing our 1st team against a championship 1 team just to blow off the cobwebs and get some combinations going.

Maybe Chester does not want other super league teams to see how bad or how good the first team players are :lol:
Oafy 
RankPostsTeam
International Star621
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 09 201212 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Feb 24 06:1528th Feb 24 15:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Halifax game : Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:44 am  
Only positives i could see from the game was boudabza looked lively. I thought Greg Burke looked a useful player and matty marsh looked ok. Dixon looked Sharp and has some real pace about him.I thought the rest were average at most and got dominated by a team that came to take the game serious
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9336
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years57th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 20:3518th Apr 24 07:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Halifax game : Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:49 am  
Paul T - HKR wrote:
Played at scrum half thought he was ineffective although Fax to their credit snuffed him out with constant pressure whenever he had the ball - he was on the receiving end of a few big hits from Ambler and their stocky centre Taylor. He did have opportunities to run the ball from dummy half but it doesn't seem to be in his DNA. Boudebza tried but Kaye dominated that area of play (and was my MoTM).

As someone has already remarked, Fax were very tight whereas Rovers were disorganised and lacked any real penetration. What disappointed me most was not seeing the defensive resolve Chester is suppose to be accountable for, but this was more apparent when Horne went off injured, who had his usual good show.

I agree with the comments about Kris Welham, he looks as though he has shrugged off last seasons doldrums but could have shielded his wingman more, something's never change.

The player I was most disappointed with was Josh Guzdek; I know he is coming back from injury but he did himself no favours yesterday.

The opposite cannot be said about Matty Marsh, who after a slow start began to dominate and probe before his injury; he took a couple of 'unfriendly' follow through's but Fax came over to play, even Jason Netherton got the treatment, and that was a striking difference to me and reflected in the final score.

The consensus from those I spoke to after the match was how Rovers coaching staff had underestimated Fax, that's one theory, but you have to trial the youngsters and it did seem the right time to do so. At least Chester and Poching have more insight on the progress of the u19s, for sure they will be very happy with Matty Marsh.

Pretty much sums it up. For want of a better word Fax just looked hungrier than the Robins. For KR's youngsters it should have been a chance to say come and get me but Im struggling to think of any of them that got the better of their opposite number although I wouldnt mind Welham if any of our centres did get injured. A good indication of how eager Fax were was charging down about 3 kicks and the KR kickers not having chance to breathe when they got the ball. It were a chance to blow some cobwebs off but I think Chester will have been wanting to see a lot more than that from some of his players.
RankPostsTeam
International Star17No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 26 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Nov 23 01:3822nd Oct 19 10:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Halifax game : Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:55 am  
I attended the game yesterday, as I am sure many others did to see at least afew minutes game time from some of our new big name guys.Sadly I was dissapointed, what did we gain from yesterday? surely this ws the time to experiment with the movesand plays for the coming season, this is after all virtually a new team.
Halifax were aggressive in defense and attack, we were slow thinking short of aggression and ideas.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8741
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200519 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Dec 23 15:5416th May 22 19:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Halifax game : Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:42 pm  
It was common knowledge that none of the overseas lads (new & existing) would be playing yesterday, so in that respect, I wasn't dissapointed.
RankPostsTeam
International Star415
JoinedServiceReputation
May 26 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Nov 22 11:304th Apr 19 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Halifax game : Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:25 pm  
Any guesses on attendance?
RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jul 19 16:551st Jul 19 19:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

Re: Halifax game : Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:51 pm  
To be honest this seemed like a game Chester didn't want and the team that was chosen seemed to confirm that there was a couple of 17year olds playing majority of the 19s and a couple of fringe players I don't think we took Halifax lightly I just think it was an expected result what I saw was that Dixon is very fast Burke played well and was pleasantly surprised with the French hooker
PreviousNext