Oct 26 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 18:2825th Jan 24 22:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Grix - Time to go : Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:50 am  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Just posting this here to keep it on topic.

So you trawled my posts and that is the best you could come up with? Again I can't ever remember saying I wanted him sacked, there is a huge difference between what I have said there and calling for someones head but you already know that. I think a lot of people will have had a thought that the Batley defeat may have brought about his sacking. I also thought it was for the best and still do for the very reason that the board would have probably ended up having to get rid but that don't mean that I wanted him sacking does it?

Imagine if all this time you had been trying to get sly digs in and it turned out that I had not even wanted rid...... :wink: :D

I'm looking forward to the next installment of moaning GFB said this...........no honestly I'm as interested as you because my memory is awful, I could easily have said I wanted Grix sacking and John Kear in and its always nice when someone goes back through your old posts just to see how things worked out. :lol:

Just posting to keep on the topic and the antics of a back stabber. :lol:

As per usual goes into denial and selective amnesia mode when proved wrong again.

As to being sly, I’m posting quotes, your words not mine and the next thing you’ll try to have us believing is you wanted Grix to stay all along. :lol:

I’m not looking forward to your next instalments of slagging off.

Who will your next targets be, the BoD, the coach, a player because rest assured there will be something or someone.

Often down to never having achieved anything of any note themselves and known as negative inference or just plain :CRAZY:
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player975No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 20:5924th Apr 24 18:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Grix - Time to go : Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:12 am  
Just to clarify when we play well and beat fev n toulouse who’s responsible for those victories? And when we lose who’s responsible for those defeats?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9343
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years54th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 17:0327th Apr 24 09:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Grix - Time to go : Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:35 am  
Listenup94 wrote:
Just to clarify when we play well and beat fev n toulouse who’s responsible for those victories? And when we lose who’s responsible for those defeats?

What's your opinion?
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player975No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Grix - Time to go : Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:00 am  
What's your opinion?

It’s a collective responsibility , what’s yours ?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9343
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years54th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 17:0327th Apr 24 09:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Grix - Time to go : Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:16 am  
Listenup94 wrote:
It’s a collective responsibility , what’s yours ?

I agree and know the point you are trying to make so you would also agree that the league table is the result of the collective effort as the season progresses?

I already have a good idea of your response to that so to avoid going in circles, ultimatley in sport its a lot cheaper to get rid of the person in charge of a group of players than it is to get rid of the group of players and that is why there will always be more calls for the coaches head than the players. That is not going to change no matter how much anybody thinks it should.

The fact that we have caused more problems to Fev and Toulouse this season than any other team in the league just leads to more questions than answers about Simon's last season in charge. Now if we were to finish 6th and at the very least make the final, which I think we are capable of doing as I have said all season, then some people that were constantly clamoring to have him sacked may have some back tracking to do.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player975No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Grix - Time to go : Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:28 am  
I agree and know the point you are trying to make so you would also agree that the league table is the result of the collective effort as the season progresses?

I already have a good idea of your response to that so to avoid going in circles, ultimatley in sport its a lot cheaper to get rid of the person in charge of a group of players than it is to get rid of the group of players and that is why there will always be more calls for the coaches head than the players. That is not going to change no matter how much anybody thinks it should.

The fact that we have caused more problems to Fev and Toulouse this season than any other team in the league just leads to more questions than answers about Simon's last season in charge. Now if we were to finish 6th and at the very least make the final, which I think we are capable of doing as I have said all season, then some people that were constantly clamoring to have him sacked may have some back tracking to do.

Interestingly and slightly off topic this forum’s opinion on Grix followed a similar pattern to when Matt calland was in charge in 2010 ,( yes I’ve gone back and read the forum )not gonna say we’ ll beat fev in the final but it’s certainly not beyond the realms of possibility ( ironically we play a similar brand of rugby) but when you read thing’s objectively I think we see things differently, I think as time passes grixs’ tenure we ll be seen as a successful one .
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 18:2825th Jan 24 22:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Grix - Time to go : Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:38 pm  
Listenup94 wrote:

On this question and the one on collective responsibility.

On the pitch what the difference is as obvious as night and day.

The players must have the ability and fitness because otherwise we wouldn't get the results.

Fitness levels are often the reason we get the results, rarely if ever the reason we don't.

When we get the results the effort / focus and intent the players put in to do it is present.

When we don't get the results the effort / focus and intent the players put in is missing.

When things don't go right people always look for a scapegoat who in this context is often the coach and pretty soon the calls to sack him start.

We know the club didn't do that with Grix and offered him a longer contract so as far as they were concerned his ability was never in question.

Whether it's a less expensive option for a coach to leave who has the ability and proven track record at this level and for the players who sometimes can and sometimes can't be ars*ed to put the effort in to stay for the incoming coach to inherit remains to be seen.
Previous