11th May 24 11:3910th May 24 09:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Halifax, the sleeping giants of Rugby League
Signature
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!

Re: Grix - Time to go : Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:57 am  
Didn't manage the Bierkeller last night. Firstly, was it a good do, and secondly were there any loose tongues as to who will be our next coach?
Brew 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25830
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200222 years286th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 24 16:0024th Apr 24 13:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Black Red Blue Green

Re: Grix - Time to go : Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:29 am  
Tony Fax wrote:
Didn't manage the Bierkeller last night. Firstly, was it a good do, and secondly were there any loose tongues as to who will be our next coach?

It was alright, nice to see people and a good feeling about the place.

But, what a terrible experience the Bierkeller is, most of the draught beer had run out, im told the "Haus Bier" or whatever they call it was off from 1600, various other stuff was run out of, there was a hand rail fallen off the stairs you had to step over to get to the bogs. and the upstairs room was like an oven, thankfully the outside area was ok with it been dry, but I won't be rushing back there.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6344
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years158th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Grix - Time to go : Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:46 am  
Thanks for the feedback, Brew.

Announcement today at 5pm. Maybe the new coach?
Brew 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25830
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200222 years286th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 24 16:0024th Apr 24 13:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Black Red Blue Green

Re: Grix - Time to go : Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:50 am  
Tony Fax wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, Brew.

Announcement today at 5pm. Maybe the new coach?

I get why they club did it there, think it reflected poorly on Bierkeller though, but that said if the club wasn't hosting the event there it's likely the place would be empty. So lack of stock wouldn't be an issue.

I'd suspect today's announcement would be a renewed contract. But i'm guessing, I'm not sure when the right time to announce the new coach would be
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6344
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years158th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Grix - Time to go : Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:36 pm  
I'm guessing Fax waited for the Wembley final to pass by before announcing the new coach. If it's a done deal there shouldn't be a delay re the announcement, especially if it's the widely rumoured Liam Finn. But you never know, there's a whole raft of available applicants at the moment.

If not, it'll be great to see O'Brien signed up for the next couple of years. I don't think there are any other of our key players who need re-signing (?).
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player152No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 28 20231 year209th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 08:229th May 24 15:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Grix - Time to go : Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:51 pm  
Brew wrote:
I get why they club did it there, think it reflected poorly on Bierkeller though, but that said if the club wasn't hosting the event there it's likely the place would be empty. So lack of stock wouldn't be an issue.

I'd suspect today's announcement would be a renewed contract. But i'm guessing, I'm not sure when the right time to announce the new coach would be
When we've won the grand final..
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9352
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years56th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 11:1011th May 24 11:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Grix - Time to go : Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:57 pm  
Going to go out on a limb and at a total guess say it will not be about a re-signing and leaning towards more of a fan opportunity to see the cup or something along those lines. I can't see the new coach been announced until his season is over at his current club.

Edit: Totally wrong again. :lol:
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4261
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 22:1211th May 24 19:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Grix - Time to go : Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 am  
Matt Shaw's recent interview with SG before the Cup final commenting on a number of things, why he decided to go and the kind of challenges facing a part time club like Halifax with no wealthy backer.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... x-27508112
Matt Shaw's recent interview with SG before the Cup final commenting on a number of things, why he decided to go and the kind of challenges facing a part time club like Halifax with no wealthy backer.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9352
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years56th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

Re: Grix - Time to go : Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:12 am  
faxcar wrote:
Really, on whether he should be sacked and an example of your bad memory and imagination again.

Before he decided to go after one particular loss it was.
"yesterday I would imagine should be the final straw but I can't see Grix walking so now its up to the board."

What were you wanting the board to do? Sounded like sacking him to me.

After he decided to go it was.
"Think its for the best for everyone how it has happened. Saves the board having to get rid of him."

Yes, clear as day, sacking repeated again and using the term "getting rid of him" sounds like he's just a piece of rubbish to be disposed of and reveals precisely what your thoughts and feelings towards SG have been over the past 3 years and is exactly what I have been "running against" not with.

The facts.
You were wrong about Grix not leaving of his own accord, because he is doing.
You were wrong about saving the board from sacking him because they wanted him to stay and offered him a long term contract extension.
You were wrong when you knew many didn't want him to leave in stating it was the best for everyone when in reality it was what was best for you.

Just posting this here to keep it on topic.

So you trawled my posts and that is the best you could come up with? Again I can't ever remember saying I wanted him sacked, there is a huge difference between what I have said there and calling for someones head but you already know that. I think a lot of people will have had a thought that the Batley defeat may have brought about his sacking. I also thought it was for the best and still do for the very reason that the board would have probably ended up having to get rid but that don't mean that I wanted him sacking does it?

Imagine if all this time you had been trying to get sly digs in and it turned out that I had not even wanted rid...... :wink: :D

I'm looking forward to the next installment of moaning GFB said this...........no honestly I'm as interested as you because my memory is awful, I could easily have said I wanted Grix sacking and John Kear in and its always nice when someone goes back through your old posts just to see how things worked out. :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9352
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years56th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Grix - Time to go : Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:21 am  
faxcar wrote:

Theres a few interesting bits in there, mainly the part about York looking to go full time. I think this is the first time I have seen this mentioned other than maybe a couple of years back and their signings so far don't seem to suggest this but Grix will know what is going on with that speaking with agents.

Another thing that stood out was that Grix himself sounds like he had known that things had become a little stale and this is something that always happens and will be more so given he is pretty much doing the coaching by himself which brings up another point that hopefully Liam is able to bring both or at least one of his assistants with him from Dewsbury as I do think that may have been one of the problems this season, I know Simon has had support but its not the same as having another rugby brain to butt heads with and I think that is a must.

Hopefully he does well in his new role and you never know maybe he will get a shot in SL at some point or maybe he will turn out to be like Richard Marshall and just be a fantastic assistant coach and there is nothing wrong with that as they are worth their weight in gold.
faxcar wrote:

Theres a few interesting bits in there, mainly the part about York looking to go full time. I think this is the first time I have seen this mentioned other than maybe a couple of years back and their signings so far don't seem to suggest this but Grix will know what is going on with that speaking with agents.

Another thing that stood out was that Grix himself sounds like he had known that things had become a little stale and this is something that always happens and will be more so given he is pretty much doing the coaching by himself which brings up another point that hopefully Liam is able to bring both or at least one of his assistants with him from Dewsbury as I do think that may have been one of the problems this season, I know Simon has had support but its not the same as having another rugby brain to butt heads with and I think that is a must.

Hopefully he does well in his new role and you never know maybe he will get a shot in SL at some point or maybe he will turn out to be like Richard Marshall and just be a fantastic assistant coach and there is nothing wrong with that as they are worth their weight in gold.
PreviousNext