All users are advised to review the RLFANS Acceptable Usage, Copyright and Privacy policies before posting and should review these periodically as they are updated on a regular basis. All this and related information is available in the RLFANS Info Forum
In addition, the moderators have agreed a Code of Conduct for this board which echoes the policies detailed above and is to be observed in the interests of all users.
1. Potentially libellous or slanderous material will be removed and further action may be taken against the poster as necessary.
2. Users should not derail threads; start repeat threads; introduce too many off-topic threads or make posts that cause a conversation to degenerate into a slanging match - this includes trolling. This is all covered by the AUP and the moderators will act accordingly in such situations.
3. Irrelevant posts may be removed at moderators discretion, depending on the circumstances.
4. Posts criticising the moderation process will be removed and further action may be taken against the poster as necessary. Questions about moderation should be directed to a moderator via private messaging.
5. All acts of moderation on this board are conducted at the discretion of the moderators in the best interests of the users.
7. Also, as a reminder, the copying of articles from other websites is a breach of copyright law whether a source link is supplied or not. All articles from other sites should be linked to and not copied into the forum.
8. If you feel it necessary to attempt to evade the swear filter, then it is necessary to reword your post. Children do use this forum and the level of profanity must be kept to a minimum.
Comments and Questions about this Code of Conduct should be addressed in this thread, or with a moderator via private messaging.Moderators Charter
A moderators charter has been put in place by the admins effective from 15th January 2007. This basically defines a structure for the forum and entrusts the moderators with enforcing the AUP across the site. One aspect of the structure is the introduction of a lead moderator for each forum (in our case this is me) who is a prime contact for admins, takes responsibility for the moderators, is a point of escalation for users and has final say on a decision should it be necessary.
Last edited by Bonzo
on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.