JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 12 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Dec 11 23:547th Dec 11 21:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Goodbye all. It was nice knowing most of you.

: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:22 am  
marshman wrote:
Unfortunately Danny, this is something quite a few Cas fans are unable to do. Unless our team/players are doing well we find it impossible to support them and can only rip them to bits. After the quins game, we were all shouting for TMs head and that all the overseas players should feck off back home. We've since changed our tone and are happily cheering on the same team we were calling a set of losers. Rangi Chase was being pulled to bits for being no better than Andy Kain and we should get rid. He's now the best thing since sliced bread and those same people are queuing up for his autograph and pretending he always was their favourite player.

Sione will only ever get the support of these players when he is scoring tries and winning games. At the moment he's doing a lot of things right and wrong but he won't get the support he needs from some. Some of our fans think they can spot a SL player from day one, make up their minds there and then and will either support him or pull him to bits from then on no matter what, well until he proves them wrong and ends up a superstar and then they're his number one fan.

I'm not blind to Sione errors, and he's annoyed and frustrated me at times. But i never get the feeling his mistakes have been through lack of effort and effort is something i'll always support. Micky Wainwright is a great example of that. I still think he's not a SL player, or at least no more than a squad filler in a poor side, but he's always a 100% player and plays with heart and effort. He continues to prove the likes of me wrong with his performances, but he gets my support even when he's not making match winning headlines because he plays for Cas and puts in as much effort as he can, and that's all i ask. Sione is putting the effort in but making silly mistakes and giving penalties away. Those are his only faults and both can easily be put right by TM and himself.

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Jan 10 11:4331st Jan 10 11:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:51 am  
marshman wrote:
Unfortunately Danny, this is something quite a few Cas fans are unable to do. Unless our team/players are doing well we find it impossible to support them and can only rip them to bits. After the quins game, we were all shouting for TMs head and that all the overseas players should feck off back home. We've since changed our tone and are happily cheering on the same team we were calling a set of losers. Rangi Chase was being pulled to bits for being no better than Andy Kain and we should get rid. He's now the best thing since sliced bread and those same people are queuing up for his autograph and pretending he always was their favourite player.

Sione will only ever get the support of these players when he is scoring tries and winning games. At the moment he's doing a lot of things right and wrong but he won't get the support he needs from some. Some of our fans think they can spot a SL player from day one, make up their minds there and then and will either support him or pull him to bits from then on no matter what, well until he proves them wrong and ends up a superstar and then they're his number one fan.

I'm not blind to Sione errors, and he's annoyed and frustrated me at times. But i never get the feeling his mistakes have been through lack of effort and effort is something i'll always support. Micky Wainwright is a great example of that. I still think he's not a SL player, or at least no more than a squad filler in a poor side, but he's always a 100% player and plays with heart and effort. He continues to prove the likes of me wrong with his performances, but he gets my support even when he's not making match winning headlines because he plays for Cas and puts in as much effort as he can, and that's all i ask. Sione is putting the effort in but making silly mistakes and giving penalties away. Those are his only faults and both can easily be put right by TM and himself.

:D Wish i had your rose tinted glasses! if Sione played with the hart of Micky Wainwright i would not be typing this! Has for TM i think is one of the best coach's in the game. and will always support the player's as i have week in week out for the last 27 years and i did say i hope he come's good :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach720No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 04 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Aug 14 17:3711th Aug 14 17:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:52 am  
Ditto Marshy!
I agree wholeheartedly about Michael Wainwright, he puts his body on the line and never gives less than 100%. No disrespect to Machael, but I honestly thought he wasn't up to Superleague, but I even thought he was very close to being MOM on Monday, along with Shifty and Sarg. Michael's no spring chicken, but he's learning all the time, I thought his positional sense was a real problem a couple of years ago, he seemed to get caught out of position regularly, but he's worked on it and now that part of his game is excellent, his man on man defence is very good (as he showed at Wire), Michael's no slouch but a blistering turn of pace would probably make him into one of the better wingers in Superleague.
As you Marshy, we are a very fickle lot, if only we would get behind such as Sione more, rather than knock him, the guy is a real talent and I feel sure he will become a crowd pleaser if only we give him the chance and get behind him, sing his name as we do Rangi Chase and Mitch Sargeant, make him feel at home.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5804No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 22 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Sep 14 12:548th Aug 12 16:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//riverpiker.blogspot.com/

: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 am  
tigerbaz wrote:
:D Wish i had your rose tinted glasses!

Your reply is predictable and worthless to me when it starts with this. It's the same tiresome stuff from people who can't deal with the fact others have different opinions. I've blatantly written that i feel Sione is making mistakes but you fail to see this and think i'm just wearing blinkers. Let me know when you can partake in a debate without wanting to take your ball home if someone disagrees, until then i'll just ignore your posts.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5804No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 22 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Sep 14 12:548th Aug 12 16:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//riverpiker.blogspot.com/

: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:04 am  
danny boy1 wrote:
Ditto Marshy!
I agree wholeheartedly about Michael Wainwright, he puts his body on the line and never gives less than 100%. No disrespect to Machael, but I honestly thought he wasn't up to Superleague, but I even thought he was very close to being MOM on Monday, along with Shifty and Sarg. Michael's no spring chicken, but he's learning all the time, I thought his positional sense was a real problem a couple of years ago, he seemed to get caught out of position regularly, but he's worked on it and now that part of his game is excellent, his man on man defence is very good (as he showed at Wire), Michael's no slouch but a blistering turn of pace would probably make him into one of the better wingers in Superleague.
As you Marshy, we are a very fickle lot, if only we would get behind such as Sione more, rather than knock him, the guy is a real talent and I feel sure he will become a crowd pleaser if only we give him the chance and get behind him, sing his name as we do Rangi Chase and Mitch Sargeant, make him feel at home.

I've always been a fan of Wainwright simply because his attitude is always right, he listens to his coach and improves his game. My opinion though has always been that he isn't and would never be good enough for a decent SL side. I'd love him to prove me wrong (which he constantly does) and turn into a first choice SL player because for sheer effort the man deserves it.

On Sione, i think the bold bit is his downfall. Just how in the hell do we get his name into a song! :lol: :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach321No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 05 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Aug 12 15:5014th Aug 12 15:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Richard Wright - Ruining Castleford RLFC since 2000

: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:55 am  
danny boy1 wrote:
Ditto Marshy!

We do sing his name. Have you not heard about his massive........ :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 19 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Oct 17 14:377th Jul 17 18:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:05 pm  
Agree with everything Marshy has said on this thread and would just add that Sione looks to be in exactly the same place Vowles found himself during his first dozen games. IIRC Vowles turned the corner with a monster try-saving tackle against Oldham at Boundary Park on the Friday before one of the May Bank Holidays. Sione has the time and ability to repeat that sort of change in fortunes but he shouldn't have to endure the same sort of abuse in the meantime.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Jan 10 11:4331st Jan 10 11:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:32 pm  
marshman wrote:
Your reply is predictable and worthless to me when it starts with this. It's the same tiresome stuff from people who can't deal with the fact others have different opinions. I've blatantly written that i feel Sione is making mistakes but you fail to see this and think i'm just wearing blinkers. Let me know when you can partake in a debate without wanting to take your ball home if someone disagrees, until then i'll just ignore your posts.
good am glad has it my opinion not yours! cant see were i have taken my ball home! just because an not part of the happy clapper gang! :lol:
Bonzo 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12415No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jul 14 10:372nd Jun 14 11:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Getting older is mandatory; growing up is optional.

tb wrote:
I agree with Bonzo

Inflatable_Armadillo wrote:
I like you Bonzo, you are my kind of person... sensible!

: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:43 pm  
danny boy1 wrote:

Have you not heard Sione's song...? :wink: :lol:
BD 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7050
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Feb 19 22:365th Oct 18 09:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:49 pm  
danny boy1 wrote:

I'm all for giving players a chance, but it's been 9 games! :lol: I'm willing to see what he can do - because I still think we haven't seen the best of him. We haven't really seen much so far so thats why people are starting to get frustrated. I think it's to do with his confidence.
PreviousNext