JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 05 200123 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jul 17 01:3911th May 17 20:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Dominique Peyroux : Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:37 pm  
Has Marvin The Paranoid Android hacked this forum?

Hilarious!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 200916 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Nov 17 11:145th Oct 17 15:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time -

"You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more"

Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior

Re: Dominique Peyroux : Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:01 pm  
Magic Superbeetle wrote:
Jesus were not even out of the running for this year and you're already writing us off for next year.

Jones puts absolutely no pressure on the centres this year, and Peyroux will next year, that's an improvement - If he turns to be of similar quality to Quinlan, than Turner may find himself moving as I suggested. SMD can also play in the 3/4s and adds some pressure - and Grace and Wellington will probably be looking for a game or two next year as well. When you compare that to Dawson this year it's an infinite improvement.

Savelio moving to the front row seems like the current plan and he certainly came of age last week. Him, Thompson, Richards and Greenwood are all going to get better and better, and Haggerty is an unknown in this. Davies and Knowles again will be looking to push through and anyone who doesn't perform will see them nipping at the heels. TRex was also rumoured, though I'm not a fan, he'd be an infinite improvement on Flanagan in terms of ability.

Will still have room for another relatively big signing I believe and KC said there's another one to come in, we're not as bad as some people seem to believe.

Can I ask where you have seen Peyroux play and how many times ? I imagine you've been to the games and seen jones the last three seasons?

Just wondered how you can compare?

Also, how many u19s games have you attended this year ? (Or you going is saints website game reports) ?

You wanted us to sign Clare from Cas few month back, im pretty sure that couid happen as nobody wants him next year
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200618 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Sep 24 21:5512th Sep 24 09:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
:CROWN: I am the hash browns of rlfans :CROWN:

Re: Dominique Peyroux : Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:44 pm  
St pete wrote:
Can I ask where you have seen Peyroux play and how many times ? I imagine you've been to the games and seen jones the last three seasons?

Just wondered how you can compare?

Also, how many u19s games have you attended this year ? (Or you going is saints website game reports) ?

You wanted us to sign Clare from Cas few month back, im pretty sure that couid happen as nobody wants him next year

Clare signed for Bradford and most Cas fans were very disappointed he didn't get more chances in front of Channing and Gibson but hey ho.

Given Long will have worked with Peyroux in the Samoa set up last year for the 4N I'm trusting him to be far more aware than anyone on here to be able to compare and contrast him with Jones. The fact he was selected for the Cook Islands (I think) for the 2013 World Cup and then the 2014 Samoa team aren't bad credentials at all to have, and are seemingly completely ignored by those already desperate to write off Peyroux as a signing before ever seeing him. You know the same that happened with Vea last year. Wondering how you think that Peyroux is a terrible player and still repeatedly be involved with international setups - it's not like Samoa were uncompetitive.

As for the 19s, you're the one saying Grace is getting a first team contract next year. It's standard practice at saints for a player to have his debut 1 year, 5-7 games next, 10-15 the year after and then full first grade after that.

This in danger of becoming "I'm a better fan than you" so I'm gonna leave it there.
RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 05 200123 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jul 17 01:3911th May 17 20:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Dominique Peyroux : Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:45 pm  
Who gives a damn about who's seen who? Will the answer make Peyroux a better or worse player?

The only question that matters is - has the club seen Peyroux?

It appears so. What's more, it appears they are more than happy to give him a contract - as the replacement for a player who has only ever been a replacement.

Oh, and offering to bet money AGAINST your OWN CLUB is bad.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 200916 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Dominique Peyroux : Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:08 pm  
Magic Superbeetle wrote:
Clare signed for Bradford and most Cas fans were very disappointed he didn't get more chances in front of Channing and Gibson but hey ho.

Given Long will have worked with Peyroux in the Samoa set up last year for the 4N I'm trusting him to be far more aware than anyone on here to be able to compare and contrast him with Jones. The fact he was selected for the Cook Islands (I think) for the 2013 World Cup and then the 2014 Samoa team aren't bad credentials at all to have, and are seemingly completely ignored by those already desperate to write off Peyroux as a signing before ever seeing him. You know the same that happened with Vea last year. Wondering how you think that Peyroux is a terrible player and still repeatedly be involved with international setups - it's not like Samoa were uncompetitive.

As for the 19s, you're the one saying Grace is getting a first team contract next year. It's standard practice at saints for a player to have his debut 1 year, 5-7 games next, 10-15 the year after and then full first grade after that.

This in danger of becoming "I'm a better fan than you" so I'm gonna leave it there.

I've not once said Peyroux is terrible. Can you please show me where I wrote this please?

We tried very hard to keep jones. If Jones has signed then we wouldn't be signing Peyroux so that suggests to me that we rate jones higher than Peyroux.

I'm pretty sure I was told he's played 3 games for samoa which isn't enough time to see how good he is really is it ?

I hope he turns out to be a world beating player but his record doesn't look great tho, I'm sure you'd agree on that ? You can get lucky with these types but if he's half decent Id imagine he'd be playing for someone in the NRL wouldn't he?

The team you've picked earlier in the thread contains players that you have posted need another year next year as still only 20 yrs of age. What makes them suddenly good enough to play week in week out in 2016 ?

I'm just not very excited with what we brought in so far for 2016. Tasi will be o ok replacement for Mose as he will give us more game time but not the impact mose "can" give but I'm ok with tasi for mose.

I'm not thrilled with Peyroux for jones but only time will tell on this one. We've also lost lance, wello and flash that also need replacing. They might have not been the force they once was but they are experinced players that have there and done it.

Id like a good 3/4 added who can attack but more importantly I think we need a good hard experinced prop.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200618 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Dominique Peyroux : Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:32 pm  
St pete wrote:
I've not once said Peyroux is terrible. Can you please show me where I wrote this please?

We tried very hard to keep jones. If Jones has signed then we wouldn't be signing Peyroux so that suggests to me that we rate jones higher than Peyroux.

I'm pretty sure I was told he's played 3 games for samoa which isn't enough time to see how good he is really is it ?

I hope he turns out to be a world beating player but his record doesn't look great tho, I'm sure you'd agree on that ? You can get lucky with these types but if he's half decent Id imagine he'd be playing for someone in the NRL wouldn't he?

The team you've picked earlier in the thread contains players that you have posted need another year next year as still only 20 yrs of age. What makes them suddenly good enough to play week in week out in 2016 ?

I'm just not very excited with what we brought in so far for 2016. Tasi will be o ok replacement for Mose as he will give us more game time but not the impact mose "can" give but I'm ok with tasi for mose.

I'm not thrilled with Peyroux for jones but only time will tell on this one. We've also lost lance, wello and flash that also need replacing. They might have not been the force they once was but they are experinced players that have there and done it.

Id like a good 3/4 added who can attack but more importantly I think we need a good hard experinced prop.

a) Jones has become and out and out pack man rather than a centre/ utility. The club tried hard to keep him, but it's entirely possible we'd of still brought Peryoux in, with Jones taking Flanagans spot. My point is more Peyroux would have never played for Samoa if he wasn't any good. I think Saints have clearly changed their tact in signings recently, and so far they've been proven right regardless of what's written online before hand, I trust that the right people have seen enough to have made this judgement. Peyroux may well be that 3/4 you want.

b) I think the club now has the intention of: Amor, Walmsley, Tasi, Savelio, Richards, Haggerty (and Nzongou). Who is available who could have performed better than Savelio in the semi? Good enough = old enough as the saying goes.

c) that doesn't mean we don't need to bring someone else in - and the club has said so. We will sign another player this year - but I don't expect a superstar, as cap will still be tight (losing 100k due to the removal of various allowances, walsh no longer being split with Penrith, major upgrades to several youngsters), but another solid signing is expected as far as I'm concerned. Whether that's Trex (God help us) and Savelio as a front rower, or whether we've found a front rower (Kopczak still hasn't committed to anyone, or were breaking the transfer fee record to bring the ginger home ;) ) and Savelio will be moving wider next year I don't know.

d) the only player in the team I posted earlier who was 20 was Savelio, and he was the best player we had just about on Friday? Him, Greenwood, Thompson, Percival and Richards have all played enough this year to be considered solid first team members, despite their age

e) more than happy to accept we haven't made any superstar signings this year, I'm excited to see Percival, Thompson, Savelio, Greenwood start to push for England, and Walmsley and Makinson to really shine as superstars. Hopefully the academy will throw up the next few gems as well. Surely that's better than a broken superstar from the NRL whose as likely to flop as be brilliant? Maybe the club feels like it's been burnt one too many times like that before?
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 200916 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Dominique Peyroux : Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:45 pm  
Magic Superbeetle wrote:
a) Jones has become and out and out pack man rather than a centre/ utility. The club tried hard to keep him, but it's entirely possible we'd of still brought Peryoux in, with Jones taking Flanagans spot. My point is more Peyroux would have never played for Samoa if he wasn't any good. I think Saints have clearly changed their tact in signings recently, and so far they've been proven right regardless of what's written online before hand, I trust that the right people have seen enough to have made this judgement. Peyroux may well be that 3/4 you want.

b) I think the club now has the intention of: Amor, Walmsley, Tasi, Savelio, Richards, Haggerty (and Nzongou). Who is available who could have performed better than Savelio in the semi? Good enough = old enough as the saying goes.

c) that doesn't mean we don't need to bring someone else in - and the club has said so. We will sign another player this year - but I don't expect a superstar, as cap will still be tight (losing 100k due to the removal of various allowances, walsh no longer being split with Penrith, major upgrades to several youngsters), but another solid signing is expected as far as I'm concerned. Whether that's Trex (God help us) and Savelio as a front rower, or whether we've found a front rower (Kopczak still hasn't committed to anyone, or were breaking the transfer fee record to bring the ginger home ;) ) and Savelio will be moving wider next year I don't know.

d) the only player in the team I posted earlier who was 20 was Savelio, and he was the best player we had just about on Friday? Him, Greenwood, Thompson, Percival and Richards have all played enough this year to be considered solid first team members, despite their age

e) more than happy to accept we haven't made any superstar signings this year, I'm excited to see Percival, Thompson, Savelio, Greenwood start to push for England, and Walmsley and Makinson to really shine as superstars. Hopefully the academy will throw up the next few gems as well. Surely that's better than a broken superstar from the NRL whose as likely to flop as be brilliant? Maybe the club feels like it's been burnt one too many times like that before?

You said that Thompson, Richards and Sav shouldn't yet be first team player week in and week out didn't you due to their age ? We both agree that Richards and Thompson have had a little 2nd season syndrome and need to be manged still? In that case a good experinced prop would do us for one two seasons while the young props mature and get more experience.

Sav Imo has put in some awesome performances this season against good teams like wolves, wigan and leeds but he's still very young and will be a little hit and miss but I've said for years he's the real deal.

Clubs need to build on on success and champion teams and I just feel we will be weaker next year and few teams will be stronger in which is very tight super league.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200618 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Dominique Peyroux : Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:04 pm  
St pete wrote:
You said that Thompson, Richards and Sav shouldn't yet be first team player week in and week out didn't you due to their age ? We both agree that Richards and Thompson have had a little 2nd season syndrome and need to be manged still? In that case a good experinced prop would do us for one two seasons while the young props mature and get more experience.

Sav Imo has put in some awesome performances this season against good teams like wolves, wigan and leeds but he's still very young and will be a little hit and miss but I've said for years he's the real deal.

Clubs need to build on on success and champion teams and I just feel we will be weaker next year and few teams will be stronger in which is very tight super league.

I don't think I've ever said that? The team only needs 2/3 of them in the side each week, which would leave them each on about 20 games next season which is in line with where 3rd season kids need to be. They still need some management, but should be getting closer and closer to permanent members - the debate is when the training wheels come off I suppose. I think we're near enough to agreeing, 1 more signing, who is more solid than spectacular and we're all set to go!

I think we have a lot of players who will be better next year than they are this year, and are stronger with just the same group of players! One year we might even get lucky with injuries and now be in constant crisis! Hopefully Walsh can recapture some first season form (and defence) in the off season (but that's a whole other debate!) and burns can find some attacking fluency as a result. The only qualm I have is why we gave Dawson another 2 years (and who will be first choice fullback)!
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 19 200420 years330th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 22 22:5912th Oct 21 10:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The Aussie Legend!!!

Re: Dominique Peyroux : Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:57 pm  
I have been trying to remember who Peyroux reminds me of. A leggy runner with a big upper body build.

It has just occurred to me Tawera Nikau.

I think he is a good player and someone I have liked while watching the Warriors. A good signing by the club.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29212No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 200321 years110th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Sep 24 11:4512th Sep 24 14:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Dominique Peyroux : Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:24 pm  
Noel Cleal wrote:
I think he is a good player and someone I have liked while watching the Warriors. A good signing by the club.

But he doesn't play? I've taped every Warriors game since he was rumoured to be joining us and he's not played once. I've watched several before that to see how Tomkins was getting on and again he wasn't there. I can find some vague references to him him playing from the bench sometime in early 2014, but that's about it.

A lad I know who spends a lot of time in Australia reckons he's a slow version of Gelling.
PreviousNext