JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 200915 years313th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Sep 24 02:301st Jun 24 16:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.

Re: Tasi : Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:53 pm  
Walmsley could not play the ball correctly in his first few games.

I'm sure if we look back some people were ready to say he would amount to nothing too.
RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 05 200123 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jul 17 01:3911th May 17 20:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tasi : Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:20 pm  
Aside from question marks over cover for Roby and the lack of a functioning playmaking loose forward I don't see any reason to lose a great deal of sleep over next season's pack.

The truth is if we could somehow get as much out of our backs as we do with our forwards we'd have very little to be concerned about this season.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach899No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200520 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Apr 19 22:5210th Feb 17 11:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tasi : Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:00 pm  
Mugwump wrote:
Aside from question marks over cover for Roby and the lack of a functioning playmaking loose forward I don't see any reason to lose a great deal of sleep over next season's pack.

The truth is if we could somehow get as much out of our backs as we do with our forwards we'd have very little to be concerned about this season.

Walmsley and Roby have carried the forwards this year. Savelio is starting to show what he can do. Richards has been steady but he's young and obviously makes errors. Thompson's not played as much as he'd like and hasn't carried on his great form from last year. Masoe turns up when he can be bothered and that's not nearly enough for the wage he no doubt picks up. LMS has been brilliant in patches, I love his commitment but he gives away too many silly penalties which lets him down. Vea has been injured loads, so has Greenwood. Flanagan is a workhorse. Wilkin has been exceptional but mainly as a halfback. Jones has been excellent in the forwards....

My point is, we haven't been good enough over the season in the forwards as well as the backs. There's been games when they've been totally outmuscled and outfused. Meaning we've lost well over a third of our games. Us having an amazing bunch of forwards is a myth.

Christ on a bike...that was a proper negative post from me.
RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 05 200123 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tasi : Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:26 pm  
Twentyman wrote:
Walmsley and Roby have carried the forwards this year. Savelio is starting to show what he can do. Richards has been steady but he's young and obviously makes errors. Thompson's not played as much as he'd like and hasn't carried on his great form from last year. Masoe turns up when he can be bothered and that's not nearly enough for the wage he no doubt picks up. LMS has been brilliant in patches, I love his commitment but he gives away too many silly penalties which lets him down. Vea has been injured loads, so has Greenwood. Flanagan is a workhorse. Wilkin has been exceptional but mainly as a halfback. Jones has been excellent in the forwards....

My point is, we haven't been good enough over the season in the forwards as well as the backs. There's been games when they've been totally outmuscled and outfused. Meaning we've lost well over a third of our games. Us having an amazing bunch of forwards is a myth.

This is pure revisionist nonsense. Our forward pack - which is largely THIS season's forward pack - was the foundation stone of our entire championship-winning season. For heaven's sake - they must have been pretty special for us to be crowned champions without a single functioning playmaker on the pitch at Old Trafford. This was after we had soundly beaten into the ground every single pack at the top of the table during the run-in to final. Name me one - JUST ONE - side which has succeeded under more testing conditions in the entire history of SL.

If success is measured by whether or not you win the title (and it most certainly is) then no. There's absolutely NOTHING "mythological" here. Both you & St. Pete are a completely new breed of fan - Apologists for Winning.

For some strange & twisted reason you seem more enthused by us losing than winning. On those (rare) occasions when we are outplayed in the forwards you simply cannot wait to gleefully state the obvious - despite the fact that NO PACK has EVER dominated every single game in a competition since records began.

Seriously, which packs would you exchange ours for? Wigan's? (laughable) Warrington's? (ridiculous). Aside from Leeds' forwards (this season - but certainly not last) there isn't a single forward pack in SL I'd look twice at.

In any case - a pack can be defeated through reasons largely beyond its control. Having one of the worst half-back combinations in the competition is about as good an excuse as any I can think of.

There is nothing - NOTHING wrong with our pack which wouldn't be put right by the addition of just ONE halfback functioning at or close to what Walsh achieved prior to injury last season. That and a little more experience in the head of the coach.

To be honest I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond. The truth is we could go unbeaten until the final hooter at Old Trafford and you'd still think nothing of this team's obvious virtues. After all - you did the very same last season. :roll:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 200916 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Nov 17 11:145th Oct 17 15:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time -

"You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more"

Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior

Re: Tasi : Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:00 pm  
Mugwump wrote:
This is pure revisionist nonsense. Our forward pack - which is largely THIS season's forward pack - was the foundation stone of our entire championship-winning season. For heaven's sake - they must have been pretty special for us to be crowned champions without a single functioning playmaker on the pitch at Old Trafford. This was after we had soundly beaten into the ground every single pack at the top of the table during the run-in to final. Name me one - JUST ONE - side which has succeeded under more testing conditions in the entire history of SL.

If success is measured by whether or not you win the title (and it most certainly is) then no. There's absolutely NOTHING "mythological" here. Both you & St. Pete are a completely new breed of fan - Apologists for Winning.

For some strange & twisted reason you seem more enthused by us losing than winning. On those (rare) occasions when we are outplayed in the forwards you simply cannot wait to gleefully state the obvious - despite the fact that NO PACK has EVER dominated every single game in a competition since records began.

Seriously, which packs would you exchange ours for? Wigan's? (laughable) Warrington's? (ridiculous). Aside from Leeds' forwards (this season - but certainly not last) there isn't a single forward pack in SL I'd look twice at.

In any case - a pack can be defeated through reasons largely beyond its control. Having one of the worst half-back combinations in the competition is about as good an excuse as any I can think of.

There is nothing - NOTHING wrong with our pack which wouldn't be put right by the addition of just ONE halfback functioning at or close to what Walsh achieved prior to injury last season. That and a little more experience in the head of the coach.

To be honest I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond. The truth is we could go unbeaten until the final hooter at Old Trafford and you'd still think nothing of this team's obvious virtues. After all - you did the very same last season. :roll:

Your like my PR :thumb:

You made a very silly comment when you was all giddy about us winning 6 or 7 games on the bounce and now you have to keep ramming it down everyone's throats hoping that we all agree.

Our pack is decent but we heavily rely on on Walmsley and Roby. The way alex is spelled suggests saints know we depend on him for go forward. We have been second best in the fowards many many times this year. If alex got injuried we wouid have no go foward at all.

Amor - been poor this season. He gives 100% and I like him but he's getting dominated every week.

Roby - simply class

Walmsley - best prop in super league

Vea - injured most if the year

Greenwood - injured most the year but runs good lines.

Lms - been average for most of the year

Wilkn - is he a forward or hakfback ?

Richards - still Young but not kicked on

Thompson - 2nd season syndrome but still Young.

Flash - avg squad player

Mose- lazy bone idle half hearted pudding but very good on his day but that's about one game every 10.

Sav - had up and down season but put in some real solid games and Imo will be a star player in 2yrs.

How you can say it's the best pack in the world is really comedy gold.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach899No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200520 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tasi : Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:39 pm  
Mugwump wrote:

Will you sort harping on about last season? It was a fantastic achievement and I was made up being a Saints fan. To suggest I enjoy us losing is just silly.

It's 2015 now Muggers. It doesn't matter what happened last season it's irrelevant now.

When they chose the SL team of the year, how many of our amazing forward line will they consider? The answer is Roby and Walmsley.

When McNamara picks his squad, Roby, Walmsley and at a stretch maybe Greenwood might sneak in.

Take Walmsley out of our forwards this season and we'd be much lower down the table. The man has been amazing this season. God forbid if he got injured, who would step up and do what he does?

Believe it or not, other teams have very good forwards. Leeds, you knock Wigan but they're performing better than ours!! Huddersfield have a strong set of forwards. Cas do!!! You knock Wire but they're no slouches with Hill, Sims, Westwood, Currie etc

I love my team, but I'm not blind to their deficiencies.
RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 05 200123 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tasi : Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:39 pm  
St pete wrote:
Your like my PR :thumb:

You made a very silly comment when you was all giddy about us winning 6 or 7 games on the bounce and now you have to keep ramming it down everyone's throats hoping that we all agree.

Our pack is decent but we heavily rely on on Walmsley and Roby. The way alex is spelled suggests saints know we depend on him for go forward. We have been second best in the fowards many many times this year. If alex got injuried we wouid have no go foward at all.

Amor - been poor this season. He gives 100% and I like him but he's getting dominated every week.

Roby - simply class

Walmsley - best prop in super league

Vea - injured most if the year

Greenwood - injured most the year but runs good lines.

Lms - been average for most of the year

Wilkn - is he a forward or hakfback ?

Richards - still Young but not kicked on

Thompson - 2nd season syndrome but still Young.

Flash - avg squad player

Mose- lazy bone idle half hearted pudding but very good on his day but that's about one game every 10.

Sav - had up and down season but put in some real solid games and Imo will be a star player in 2yrs.

How you can say it's the best pack in the world is really comedy gold.

And you're doing it AGAIN. Do you even KNOW you are arguing with phantoms of your own imagination rather than a genuine flesh-and-blood human being?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At NO POINT EVER did I say Saints' pack is the "best in the world". YOU said this.

What I DID say - at the beginning of the season and in the wake of our Grand Final victory was that this is the best pack in SL.

I stand by what I said. And I wouldn't trade our pack for any other.

I leave you now to either prove I claimed this pack is the "Best in the World - EVAH!" (a Google search should do the trick) or quit making a fool out of yourself.

:lol:
RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 05 200123 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tasi : Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:55 pm  
Twentyman wrote:
Will you sort harping on about last season? It was a fantastic achievement and I was made up being a Saints fan. To suggest I enjoy us losing is just silly.

This is just silly. As stated earlier - that comment was first made in the PRE-SEASON, so the idea that it was out-of-date is completely absurd.

Since then the two biggest users of that statement have been YOU & St. Pete (although he seems totally unable to quote me correctly!) :lol:

I've issued one challenge to St. Pete. I'll issue my second to you:

If you believe I was wrong when I made that statement then please tell me precisely which packs were superior to ours at that time.

Your answer goes below:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 200916 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Nov 17 11:145th Oct 17 15:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time -

"You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more"

Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior

Re: Tasi : Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:38 pm  
Mugwump wrote:
This is just silly. As stated earlier - that comment was first made in the PRE-SEASON, so the idea that it was out-of-date is completely absurd.

Since then the two biggest users of that statement have been YOU & St. Pete (although he seems totally unable to quote me correctly!) :lol:

If you believe I was wrong when I made that statement then please tell me precisely which packs were superior to ours at that time.

Your answer goes below:

Another mention :thumb:

You got giddy and made a silly comment
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach899No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200520 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tasi : Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:47 pm  
Mugwump wrote:

Your answer goes below:

I'm not debating about who had the best forwards last season...I'm talking about this season, as it is relevant.

We have a set of forwards who can match anyone on their day. Take Walmsley out and we're struggling. That said, if we can retain Savelio, Thompson, Richards, Greenwood, Charnock etc they'll develop into a belting set of forwards.
PreviousNext