JoinedServiceReputation
May 23 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jun 14 04:4313th Feb 12 16:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I got a post card from T! She’s living on the streets of Seattle and she referred to herself as a ‘gutter punk’!

Re: 6050 : Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:36 am  
The Lambeth Quin wrote:
Boo f****** hoo. What where you expecting to pay 7/6d and a few whippets for tickets??

Have a word with Eamonn McManus and his fellow directors. Their pursuit of the holy grail of a Superleague title whilst taking their eye off the ball regarding superleague stadium criteria is the reason you now squatting at Widnes.

Why swear? Because your previous post has been proved to have no point? That's mature, well done.

Try reading the rest of the thread, where most people have made good points as to why attendances are down this season.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2931No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 13 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 17 01:1725th Mar 17 01:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I HATE ALL THE PIES

Re: 6050 : Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:43 am  
The Lambeth Quin wrote:
Boo f****** hoo. What where you expecting to pay 7/6d and a few whippets for tickets??

Have a word with Eamonn McManus and his fellow directors. Their pursuit of the holy grail of a Superleague title whilst taking their eye off the ball regarding superleague stadium criteria is the reason you now squatting at Widnes.

Sorry. Remind us. You are....fulham (failed)........broncos (failed again)....... Quins (owned by RU).
oh yeah, thats a lot of work on a new stadium isn't it.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach477No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 08 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Sep 14 15:573rd Sep 14 15:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
www.combatstress.org.uk - "They fight ours wars. We fight their battles"

Re: 6050 : Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:12 am  
saint at wire wrote:
Sorry. Remind us. You are....fulham (failed)........broncos (failed again)....... Quins (owned by RU).
oh yeah, thats a lot of work on a new stadium isn't it.

:CLAP: Soooooooooooooo predictable.

As Quin RL we have always played in a SL criteria stadium and not a toilet. sorry historic RL Venue.

As for being "owned" by a RU club now not's let the truth get in the way of a good story. eh??

Now run along and get your crayons out so you can write to league express about expansion not working/Boo Hoo players are leaving for Union./it's the Quins RL fault for the crowd being 30% ish down on last years corresponding fixture at KR/ The RFL are ruining the game and don't respect it's heritage/Why aren't Cumbria in SL, that's easier to get to than that London

:SUBMISSION:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 22 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Feb 16 22:3515th Oct 15 20:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)

Re: 6050 : Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:14 am  
The Lambeth Quin wrote:
As Quin RL we have always played in a SL criteria stadium and not a toilet. sorry historic RL Venue.

Indeed. That's because you've only been in existence five minutes compared to Saints, who were one of the founding members of the rugby league. In fact, without the likes of Saints, Quins RL wouldn't exist at all because there would be no RL. So actually you should be thanking us profusely for your current success instead of making childish comments about something out of our control: namely, a stadium that at the outset of Superleague was considered one of the best in the league but due to changing expectations fast became one of the worst. However, it was also the stage for a quality of rugby league you may never see at any home ground of Quins RL.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach413No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Sep 15 18:302nd Sep 15 21:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
75-0 Gets you Nothing.
27-0 Gets you a trophy.
18-10 Gets you eternal bragging rights!

Re: 6050 : Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:00 am  
SaintsFan wrote:
Of course that pricing may be a direct reflection of what Halton Council is charging Saints to play in the stadium.

Widnes home games are:

£12 (£6), £15 (£8), £20 (£12) for pre-match purchase

£15 (£10), £20 (£12), £25 (£16) for purchase on the day.

I assume that Halton Council charge the same to St Helens as they do to Widnes - after all, the game is still the same length, yet St Helens are charging

£17 (£11) and £22 (£16) for advance purchases.

Factor in the additional travel costs and its little wonder their crowds have dropped.

To me, it seems the St helens board are being greedy in asking their fans to travel every week and then charge them more for the priviledge. They have no ground maintenance costs this year (only rent), so every penny above the rent can either go in salary or in the coffers for next year.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 29 200717 years232nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Jun 24 13:258th Apr 24 09:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.

Re: 6050 : Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:05 am  
The Lambeth Quin wrote:
:CLAP: Soooooooooooooo predictable.

As for being "owned" by a RU club now not's let the truth get in the way of a good story. eh??

Now run along and get your crayons out so you can write to league express about expansion not working/Boo Hoo players are leaving for Union./it's the Quins RL fault for the crowd being 30% ish down on last years corresponding fixture at KR/ The RFL are ruining the game and don't respect it's heritage/Why aren't Cumbria in SL, that's easier to get to than that London

:SUBMISSION:

That's a bit rich TLQ, from a club that blood sucks the Rl in providing no financial contribution to super league clubs and relies on away fans to supplement there existence. The club then has the audacity to come up with double headers to massage the attendances back to Rl.
I stopped going to your club last year when the union management ambushed the super league fixture and forced us to pay union gate prices.
It would be great if the club reach the grand final this year, would we see the justification in the clubs existence with around 1200 Quinn fans in a 72000 stadium at such a prime event.
RankPostsTeam
International Star647No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 27 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Dec 14 15:0912th Oct 14 16:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 6050 : Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:24 pm  
The Lambeth Quin wrote:

Is there any chance you could make a post without swearing or is that beyond you?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach477No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 08 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: 6050 : Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:40 pm  
Judder Man wrote:
That's a bit rich TLQ, from a club that blood sucks the Rl in providing no financial contribution to super league clubs and relies on away fans to supplement there existence.

Show me a club that doesn't factor in certain "away" attendances in their financial planning? And why should any away sides support make a "financial contribution" to any SL club. It's for the home side to get the crowds through the gate not for the away side to provide a "financial contribution.

And poor home attendances is an issue that many Quins RL fans have been vocal about for sometime. RL has an "image" problem. When the football season ends and I try to encourage some of my football loving mates to the Stoop to watch RL the response more than often is the "No thanks, RL is for northerners". They are of course incorrect but that's the reality Quins RL face, a sceptic public both north and south.

Judder Man wrote:
The club then has the audacity to come up with double headers to massage the attendances back to Rl.
I stopped going to your club last year when the union management ambushed the super league fixture and forced us to pay union gate prices.

I and most Quins RL fans wouldn't disagree with you on that one. Perhaps you didn't read Simon Fitzjohn & Jo Rooney's excellent crtique of the double header fiasco of last season. I hope the only double headers we get at The Stoop this season include 2 RL matches on a match day..

Judder Man wrote:
It would be great if the club reach the grand final this year, would we see the justification in the clubs existence with around 1200 Quinn fans in a 72000 stadium at such a prime event.

Yes it would be good for Quins RL in particular and RL in general if an "unfancied" side got to the grand final but I doubt it would happen and no doubt in the unlikely scenario it did happen that a few saints shirts will be seen whether Saints make the grand final or not.

martinbuckley wrote:
To me, it seems the St helens board are being greedy in asking their fans to travel every week and then charge them more for the priviledge. They have no ground maintenance costs this year (only rent), so every penny above the rent can either go in salary or in the coffers for next year

And there in lies the rub. Saints have a wage bill to pay. That makes them no different than any other SL club. I suspect admission prices have also factored in what would be lost in a) reduced numbers of fans through the gate because of the year's squat in Widnes b) lose of other match day revenue streams (eg matchday refreshments).

martinbuckley wrote:
Indeed. That's because you've only been in existence five minutes compared to Saints, who were one of the founding members of the rugby league. In fact, without the likes of Saints, Quins RL wouldn't exist at all because there would be no RL. So actually you should be thanking us profusely for your current success instead of making childish comments about something out of our control: namely, a stadium that at the outset of Superleague was considered one of the best in the league but due to changing expectations fast became one of the worst. However, it was also the stage for a quality of rugby league you may never see at any home ground of Quins RL.

Ah yes they "historic club" defence. :BOOHOO: Yes the game was born in a northern hotel 115 years ago. So what? Ah yes, us "southern shandy drinking poofs" and the current RFL bosses don't understand/appreciate the games heritage and treat it with disrespect.

We are, well some of us at least, are living in the 21st century. That means facilities that meet the aspiration of the 21st century. As I said before your squatters because your club focused on the holy grail of superleague success, without to much success it must be said, whilst ignoring the need for modern stadia because "We're Saint Helens, don't you know".

As for thanking you (Saints) for our current "success" thats far more to do with the current coach and his players. But as our coach continues to state we ain't the finished article and there is a long way to go this season yet.

mistermoo wrote:
Is there any chance you could make a post without swearing or is that beyond you?

I'm sure you heard far worse than my little slip of the keyborad at Widnes on Friday. Always assuming your not one of the "stayaways".
Judder Man wrote:
That's a bit rich TLQ, from a club that blood sucks the Rl in providing no financial contribution to super league clubs and relies on away fans to supplement there existence.

Show me a club that doesn't factor in certain "away" attendances in their financial planning? And why should any away sides support make a "financial contribution" to any SL club. It's for the home side to get the crowds through the gate not for the away side to provide a "financial contribution.

And poor home attendances is an issue that many Quins RL fans have been vocal about for sometime. RL has an "image" problem. When the football season ends and I try to encourage some of my football loving mates to the Stoop to watch RL the response more than often is the "No thanks, RL is for northerners". They are of course incorrect but that's the reality Quins RL face, a sceptic public both north and south.

Judder Man wrote:
The club then has the audacity to come up with double headers to massage the attendances back to Rl.

I and most Quins RL fans wouldn't disagree with you on that one. Perhaps you didn't read Simon Fitzjohn & Jo Rooney's excellent crtique of the double header fiasco of last season. I hope the only double headers we get at The Stoop this season include 2 RL matches on a match day..

Judder Man wrote:

Yes it would be good for Quins RL in particular and RL in general if an "unfancied" side got to the grand final but I doubt it would happen and no doubt in the unlikely scenario it did happen that a few saints shirts will be seen whether Saints make the grand final or not.

martinbuckley wrote:
To me, it seems the St helens board are being greedy in asking their fans to travel every week and then charge them more for the priviledge. They have no ground maintenance costs this year (only rent), so every penny above the rent can either go in salary or in the coffers for next year

And there in lies the rub. Saints have a wage bill to pay. That makes them no different than any other SL club. I suspect admission prices have also factored in what would be lost in a) reduced numbers of fans through the gate because of the year's squat in Widnes b) lose of other match day revenue streams (eg matchday refreshments).

martinbuckley wrote:

Ah yes they "historic club" defence. :BOOHOO: Yes the game was born in a northern hotel 115 years ago. So what? Ah yes, us "southern shandy drinking poofs" and the current RFL bosses don't understand/appreciate the games heritage and treat it with disrespect.

We are, well some of us at least, are living in the 21st century. That means facilities that meet the aspiration of the 21st century. As I said before your squatters because your club focused on the holy grail of superleague success, without to much success it must be said, whilst ignoring the need for modern stadia because "We're Saint Helens, don't you know".

As for thanking you (Saints) for our current "success" thats far more to do with the current coach and his players. But as our coach continues to state we ain't the finished article and there is a long way to go this season yet.

mistermoo wrote:

I'm sure you heard far worse than my little slip of the keyborad at Widnes on Friday. Always assuming your not one of the "stayaways".
RankPostsTeam
International Star647No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 27 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Dec 14 15:0912th Oct 14 16:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 6050 : Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:44 pm  
The Lambeth Quin wrote:
snip

So that's a no then; swearing and derogatory comments in all of your posts. You could be banned you know. :PRAY:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach477No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 08 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: 6050 : Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:19 pm  
mistermoo wrote:
............. derogatory comments .............

?? :?
PreviousNext