FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Peter Hood says Bulls on brink of going bust.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 30 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Jan 20 16:3522nd Feb 19 11:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Change is inevitable
...except from a vending machine!

BillyRhino wrote:
So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish>

IA mode off. :wink:

Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza wrote:
So you know for a fact that the RFL will stump up the costs to put these games on while the club's in administration?

Of course not but I am more certain of that than anything else... do you know for a fact if you all give your £100 and reach the target that it will actual save the club for the long term? When you have bailed out the current management from the debt they have run up by poor management of your club, you are still left with the same management! How do you remove them once you have bailed them out, if that is what actual happens and in actual fact you are back to square 1 in six months and £100 worse off?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7095
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 21 200717 years148th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Sep 24 15:2820th Sep 24 09:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
nosorożce biorą to w dupę

Inflatable_Armadillo wrote:
Of course not but I am more certain of that than anything else... do you know for a fact if you all give your £100 and reach the target that it will actual save the club for the long term? When you have bailed out the current management from the debt they have run up by poor management of your club, you are still left with the same management! How do you remove them once you have bailed them out, if that is what actual happens and in actual fact you are back to square 1 in six months and £100 worse off?

I'm not confident they would we've already had the best part of 2 million quid in cash readies off them in the last few months (a 700k loan and 1.2 million to buy the ground to help us pay that back) although there's a return in it for them on a large part of that.

The club could end up in administration at some point I'm not mystic meg so can't say whether they willl or they won't nothings certain. It's just with the limited information I have the best thing to do in my opinion is try and get this cash raised.
Last edited by Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach329No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Dec 19 06:3213th Dec 19 06:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I don't post on here very often but read all the time. Felt compelled to write something today.

I read the news on my half hour lunch break and didn't really have time to take it all in. It was confusing given all we were told by Hood at the time of the Odsal sale about finances being ok and it being to secure the long term future of the club etc.

I've spent the last 3 hours reading this thread, twitter, facebook, news articles to try and find something to help me make my mind up as to whether or not to pledge.

I'm angry at the current board and the mess they have allowed to happen. I don't like to think that they are going to be responsible for what happens to my pledge money. I also don't like not knowing precisely where it is going, what it is for and what happens next.

However I keep coming back to the fact that I've now being going to watch the Bulls for 15 years and they've given me some absolutely awesome memories. Epic victories, agonising defeats, great days out (my family being followed for the day by the BBC cameras when we went to Murrayfield the year it flooded).I spend most of my lunch times at work either reading the forums or League Express and within my family we have 4 season tickets and all go to the matches together. How can I take the chance that this could all end?

The messages from fans from other clubs and seeing how much it means to the Bulls players on twitter (especially Chev Walker who said to one fan that he doesnt play rugby for the money but because he loves the game so much and the cash is just a bonus. I've been guilty of slating Chev in some matches this year for his performances but not anymore).

I'll be paying £100. My girlfriend won't be happy, and I could probably put the money towards something closer to home (we're renovating our house and have tons to do) but I don't think I could live with myself if it all went belly up and I hadn't tried.

Respect to everyone's personal circumstances and views on the matter.

There is no right or wrong answer.

Its a mess and one every Bulls fan could do without, especially as it has recently looked like we are finally turning the corner. I think that's what is making it harder. I said to my dad and brother after the Hull KR game that it seemed like an eternity I'd felt like that at a Bulls game.

I hope it isn't as long for the next time.

As I type this there is a big piece on Calendar on ITV. Robbie Paul encouraging people to pledge. That's the final piece of encouragement I needed.....

.......and just after typing that my girlfriend walked in from work, I told her the news and she isn't mad and has encouraged me to do it! COME ON YOU BULLS!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1008No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 200619 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st May 15 20:1918th Sep 14 19:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I'm 49, I've had a brain haemorrhage and a triple bypass and I could still go out and play a reasonable game of rugby union. But I wouldn't last 30 seconds in rugby league." - Graham Lowe (1995)

debaser wrote:
I thought long and hard before pledging today. Loathe as I am to give £200 to the fools who seem to be intent on running our great club into the ground, ultimately this is what made me do it:
1. The thought of no more Bulls. That just can't happen.
2. The almost overwhelming support of other club's fans. If they are supporting us, then how can we not do everythin in out power to keep ourselves going.
3. The almost unimaginable thought of our greatest talent playing in another team's shirt. That would be hard to stomach.
4. Even with this pledge, it is still only the price of a season ticket.
5. It's the Bulls. It's Bradford's club. It's our club. We can't let them die. We can't.

It's not the time to rant and rave. It's not the time to sack the board. Right now we need to secure the club's future. Right now, we need to get through this. The fall-out will continue, but right now let's keep our beloved club alive to fight another day.
Come on you Bulls.

I just wanted to reply to your points. I understand you passion entirely and respect it and those of others who have pledged, but I cannot and will not go down that route myself.

1) There is no reason to expect this will happen, the threat of this is being used to blackmail us out of money without even the option of a share issue thereby allowing new capital and potentially a change in ownership structure. You are dealing with a professional salesman and fear sells - I am not buying the security they represent which has proven to be worthless.
2) Agree - great support. Time to use that to make things change and bring about a real solution, not the pretense of one where the same incompetents stay in power.
3) We've already seen that in the past - they're proven capable of selling our greatest talent and will do so again if the price is right or when they need to pay off the remaining overdraft again.
4) Perhaps we should have been paying those prices instead of relying on Mr Bennett's pledge gimmicks. But a good salesman can fool people again and again - even the term 'pledge' carries emotional weight, they know exactly what strings to pull and they're doing it again and again, whilst the due diligence of checking whether selling your only material asset will impact your banking arrangements was neglected, leaving us in the position of requiring a new pledge.
5) No intention amongst those who think there's another way out of this to see the club die. Instead of just giving money to people who by their own admission have brought the club to death's door, perhaps we should be putting it together to save it from them.

We are all passionate about the Bulls future, but paying to have the people who have humbled the club and stripped it of pride and dignity continue in that role without even the prospect of having a stake in turning that around is a ridiculous proposition, but their guilt trip and careful attention to marketing seems to be working.

We shouldn't rant and rave we should begin the process of taking back the club.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 30 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Jan 20 16:3522nd Feb 19 11:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Change is inevitable
...except from a vending machine!

BillyRhino wrote:
So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish>

IA mode off. :wink:

I'm not confident they would we've already had the best part of 2 million quid in cash readies off them in the last few months (a 700k loan and 1.2 million to buy the ground to help us pay that back) although there's a return in it for them on a large part of that.

The club could end up in administration at some point I'm not mystic meg so can't say whether they willl or they won't nothings certain. It's just with the limited information I have the best thing to do in my opinion is try and get this cash raised.

Look, my last word on this is to read what TRB & Sandal Cat have posted on this thread on the Wakey board - http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=523205

I know these two gentlemen now very well through my involvement on Newmarket and call them both friends. As such, I was inadvertently in a front row seat when they and many other passionate Wakey supporters were asking themselves exactly the same questions as you are now. If I were you I would heed their advice... they speak with heart and experience!

Look, my last word on this is to read what TRB & Sandal Cat have posted on this thread on the Wakey board - http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=523205

I know these two gentlemen now very well through my involvement on Newmarket and call them both friends. As such, I was inadvertently in a front row seat when they and many other passionate Wakey supporters were asking themselves exactly the same questions as you are now. If I were you I would heed their advice... they speak with heart and experience!
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3805No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 30 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Nov 16 00:0012th Nov 16 22:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Absolutely gutted for you all over there.

We know what it's like to have a badly run club and for the grace of Pearson, we could have easily been in your position a year down the line.

A warm welcome awaits you at The KC on Friday and I hope the club allows you to have a bucket collection, I'd gladly chuck a tenner in.

However for the contribution you loyal fans are being asked to make, there should be a clause which states that Hood and his cronies walk away from the club and hand it over to a supporters trust / group who could then open up a share opportunity to the fans for you to really become 'The People's Club' once more.

Good luck! Super League needs a strong Bradford Bulls Team. :)
RankPostsTeam
International Star102No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Sep 19 13:2931st Aug 18 13:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I came for the rugby, I stayed for the people"
R. Paul

psychostring wrote:
I don't post on here very often but read all the time. Felt compelled to write something today.

I read the news on my half hour lunch break and didn't really have time to take it all in. It was confusing given all we were told by Hood at the time of the Odsal sale about finances being ok and it being to secure the long term future of the club etc.

I've spent the last 3 hours reading this thread, twitter, facebook, news articles to try and find something to help me make my mind up as to whether or not to pledge.

I'm angry at the current board and the mess they have allowed to happen. I don't like to think that they are going to be responsible for what happens to my pledge money. I also don't like not knowing precisely where it is going, what it is for and what happens next.

However I keep coming back to the fact that I've now being going to watch the Bulls for 15 years and they've given me some absolutely awesome memories. Epic victories, agonising defeats, great days out (my family being followed for the day by the BBC cameras when we went to Murrayfield the year it flooded).I spend most of my lunch times at work either reading the forums or League Express and within my family we have 4 season tickets and all go to the matches together. How can I take the chance that this could all end?

The messages from fans from other clubs and seeing how much it means to the Bulls players on twitter (especially Chev Walker who said to one fan that he doesnt play rugby for the money but because he loves the game so much and the cash is just a bonus. I've been guilty of slating Chev in some matches this year for his performances but not anymore).

I'll be paying £100. My girlfriend won't be happy, and I could probably put the money towards something closer to home (we're renovating our house and have tons to do) but I don't think I could live with myself if it all went belly up and I hadn't tried.

Respect to everyone's personal circumstances and views on the matter.

There is no right or wrong answer.

Its a mess and one every Bulls fan could do without, especially as it has recently looked like we are finally turning the corner. I think that's what is making it harder. I said to my dad and brother after the Hull KR game that it seemed like an eternity I'd felt like that at a Bulls game.

I hope it isn't as long for the next time.

As I type this there is a big piece on Calendar on ITV. Robbie Paul encouraging people to pledge. That's the final piece of encouragement I needed.....

.......and just after typing that my girlfriend walked in from work, I told her the news and she isn't mad and has encouraged me to do it! COME ON YOU BULLS!

Respect to this man!

More of this attitude please!

I have respect for all posts, and everyones view points on the matter, but I'm with this guy!
Asim 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 19 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Sep 24 10:0919th Oct 12 22:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

anarkik wrote:
I just wanted to reply to your points. I understand you passion entirely and respect it and those of others who have pledged, but I cannot and will not go down that route myself.

1) There is no reason to expect this will happen, the threat of this is being used to blackmail us out of money without even the option of a share issue thereby allowing new capital and potentially a change in ownership structure. You are dealing with a professional salesman and fear sells - I am not buying the security they represent which has proven to be worthless.
2) Agree - great support. Time to use that to make things change and bring about a real solution, not the pretense of one where the same incompetents stay in power.
3) We've already seen that in the past - they're proven capable of selling our greatest talent and will do so again if the price is right or when they need to pay off the remaining overdraft again.
4) Perhaps we should have been paying those prices instead of relying on Mr Bennett's pledge gimmicks. But a good salesman can fool people again and again - even the term 'pledge' carries emotional weight, they know exactly what strings to pull and they're doing it again and again, whilst the due diligence of checking whether selling your only material asset will impact your banking arrangements was neglected, leaving us in the position of requiring a new pledge.
5) No intention amongst those who think there's another way out of this to see the club die. Instead of just giving money to people who by their own admission have brought the club to death's door, perhaps we should be putting it together to save it from them.

We are all passionate about the Bulls future, but paying to have the people who have humbled the club and stripped it of pride and dignity continue in that role without even the prospect of having a stake in turning that around is a ridiculous proposition, but their guilt trip and careful attention to marketing seems to be working.

We shouldn't rant and rave we should begin the process of taking back the club.

Great post.

In many ways I can't blame anyone who pledges, or feels that they should pledge but that pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3805No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 30 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Nov 16 00:0012th Nov 16 22:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Well get yourselves bloody organised then and get this fighting fund set up!!!! :ROCKS:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4371No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 27 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Jan 17 19:138th Nov 12 13:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:27 pm  
It's in the wings. I do feel the Save The Bulls Foubdation should be lobbying for some board recognition.
PreviousNext