FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Warrington Wolves - Leigh Leopards LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Latest
 Current LIVE TV Match : London Broncos - Salford Reds Devils LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Latest
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leaving Odsal and future in general
RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 years305th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jan 23 15:1321st Jun 22 13:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year? : Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:35 pm  
It could become a lorry park, for traffic wanting to enter a blocked M606, after Halloween?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach329No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Dec 19 06:3213th Dec 19 06:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year? : Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:51 pm  
Yesterday was my last match of the season due to holidays (unless we make the playoffs) so I found it quite fitting that it was at our new (temporary) home.

Don’t get me wrong, i’m quite sad that I don’t get to come to the last game at Odsal, but i’m also quite glad I don’t have to go through what would be an emotional afternoon. I will always remember our final season at Odsal for the Leeds challenge cup game and I’m more than happy with that memory.

I really like Dewsbury as a ground and me and my dad will be renewing our season tickets soon enough. My bro comes to games when he can and we have just got my young nephew into coming to matches. He’s only been to three at Odsal so hasn’t built up too much of a bond with the place and he enjoyed himself yesterday. I think he found the move quite exciting and that is how we should all try and embrace it.

I’ll follow the last two matches from my holiday and then start getting excited for next season. The last two seasons under Chalmers reign have been the first two seasons that I have thoroughly enjoyed in a very long time so credit to him for that.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain347
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20 20185 years311th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Apr 24 06:2118th Apr 24 16:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year? : Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:51 pm  
Sad day for some of the staff today they go there redundancy notice
RankPostsTeam
International Star738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 201410 years275th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jan 24 23:0923rd Nov 22 10:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year? : Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:10 pm  
kaybenbull wrote:
Sad day for some of the staff today they go there redundancy notice

This is the sad thing about leaving Odsal. Some very good staff will be losing jobs.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 years152nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 22:1019th Apr 24 16:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Signings 2020 : Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:11 pm  
Statement from RFL. Not being funny but for a governing body, this looks like such an amateur statement and some toys being thrown out. Particularly the line "the RFL directors feel the decision taken by the board is a poor one" WTF! Dont remember them having this opinion when Sheffield moved from Doncaster and then to Wakefield.

Full statement.
The RFL Board of Directors has conditionally approved an application from Bradford Bulls to play home matches at Dewsbury’s Tetley’s Stadium in 2020.

This permission has been granted reluctantly and on the basis that the club’s intention is to return to Bradford in the near future. On the evidence so far submitted, the club’s plans for this return lack credibility and therefore the approval is only for the 2020 season.

The RFL Board feel that the information provided so far in relation to the move to Dewsbury is incomplete and therefore it is a condition that the club provide further financial information on the impact of the move. Until this is provided to the satisfaction of the RFL the Club will remain in special measures and is not permitted to sign players.

Based on the information received the RFL feel that this decision made by the Bradford Bulls directors is a poor one; however ultimately the Board of that club is responsible for determining what is in the best interests of Bradford Bulls.

The actions taken by the club leave little alternative but to grant this request in order to avoid disruption to trading, but only on a time limited basis which will allow space for a more comprehensive review.

As the Bulls have vacated Odsal, the RFL will in due course consider all options for the site.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Oct 23 17:322nd Aug 21 12:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year? : Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:18 pm  
Well the RFL have decided that if we're moving, they're going to have a go at shafting us as we leave.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55 ... mMx0_9KBxQ
Well the RFL have decided that if we're moving, they're going to have a go at shafting us as we leave.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55 ... mMx0_9KBxQ
RankPostsTeam
International Star7007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 years152nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 22:1019th Apr 24 16:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year? : Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:19 pm  
They really have attempted to throw Chalmers under the bus with that statement. Did they think the decision by Sheffield to move to Doncaster, to Wakey to a school park in Sheffield was a poor one.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Oct 23 17:322nd Aug 21 12:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Signings 2020 : Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:22 pm  
Based on information received. That's funny - didn't the RFL have a representative at the meetings between the Bulls and Bradford Council? I'm pretty sure I've seen something about that.
Did they just sit their with eating the biscuits and drinking the free tea and not take notes?
RankPostsTeam
International Star249
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Oct 22 13:136th Nov 19 19:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

RFL statement : Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:37 pm  
As said previously minus rose tinted spectacles - its far worse than is currently being said - see below - we remain in special measures;

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/bradford-bulls-in-special-measures-as-move-to-dewsbury-rams-allowed-for-one-season-only-following-odsal-exit-1-9954705

12 players on contract for 2020 and not allowed to sign anyone.

James Green already gone and the players are now being exposed to this news today - so who outside the 12 we have will hang around to see what happens next?

York and other clubs will be circling now I fear.

What a mess - once again finances all over the place with high wages paid to non footballing staff who do little to earn it - just the same under Marc Green.

So I wonder again - just what is the criteria to be granted ownership of a rugby league club? Must not be able to do sums?

As for Nigel Wood and his presence at the club - just another mystery.

Dominoes could start falling over now with season ticket sales being the next problem on the back of this.

:( :(
As said previously minus rose tinted spectacles - its far worse than is currently being said - see below - we remain in special measures;

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/bradford-bulls-in-special-measures-as-move-to-dewsbury-rams-allowed-for-one-season-only-following-odsal-exit-1-9954705

James Green already gone and the players are now being exposed to this news today - so who outside the 12 we have will hang around to see what happens next?

What a mess - once again finances all over the place with high wages paid to non footballing staff who do little to earn it - just the same under Marc Green.

So I wonder again - just what is the criteria to be granted ownership of a rugby league club? Must not be able to do sums?

Dominoes could start falling over now with season ticket sales being the next problem on the back of this.

RankPostsTeam
International Star738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 201410 years275th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jan 24 23:0923rd Nov 22 10:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Signings 2020 : Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:42 pm  
Errol Stock wrote:

Problem solved everyone. Mr negative is back, if you can't see how petty the RFL's statement your pretty clueless. They shouldn't be passing judgement on what a club decides to do. Tell me what was said when Sheffield moved out of the city for comparison?
Errol Stock wrote:

Problem solved everyone. Mr negative is back, if you can't see how petty the RFL's statement your pretty clueless. They shouldn't be passing judgement on what a club decides to do. Tell me what was said when Sheffield moved out of the city for comparison?
PreviousNext