Post a reply

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:53 pm

I think I'm happy to take a punt into the unknown. We know exactly what happens staying at Odsal with dwindling crowds and income. Lets not forget that once this latest tv ends, Championship clubs might well be fighting for themselves. Dewsbury and Bradford might well be very grateful to be sharing that burden if only for the short term.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Bully_Boxer wrote:I think I'm happy to take a punt into the unknown. We know exactly what happens staying at Odsal with dwindling crowds and income. Lets not forget that once this latest tv ends, Championship clubs might well be fighting for themselves. Dewsbury and Bradford might well be very grateful to be sharing that burden if only for the short term.

Dewsbury are a very good example of a club living within its means. It has a nice little stadium, its own training facilities (invested in 3G pitches and contact room in last few years), additional revenue streams through conferencing events/car boot and money in the bank thanks to a deal to build houses on some of the stadium land surrounding the stadium.

We could have done a lot worse than this move.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:31 pm

I do not come on here much but it is all sad. I was a boy watching Northern back in the 70's Will be there to watch the final match. How i will feel leaving the stadium fills me with dread :-( However I feel the time has come to let go of the old place and thankfuly someone has seen sense and has the bottle and acumen to say enough is enough and look to the future.

AC as hard as he may try wont feel the wrench from what has been such a well loved gathering of people and there children, including mine. Then the ruthless and appalling management in the past. I personally put a lot of blame at the RFL feet. Disgusting!

So onto new horizons Dewsbury first then the club and fans I have no doubt can look forward to clearer skys ahead.

TBH I prefer it this way

Re: Home 2020??? Where's your preference?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:26 am

Bulliac wrote:Which is totally irrelevant.
Postcodes are nothing to do with where people live they were designed for routing letters when they were being sorted and nothing whatever to do with where you live. Ilkley has a Leeds postcode but is part of Bfd met, parts of Pudsey have a BD postcode but obviously are under Leeds council. Great swathes of North Yorkshire have Lancashire codes, I could go on (and many say I do..) in fact, there are areas which have a telephone codes, post codes and councils from 3 different areas. I don't know how they work out where they live...
:lol:

you are so sagacious Bulliac, five miles out of Settle in LA2 land the telephone directory and yellow pages meant I could order a home delivery pizza from Carlisle but not from Settle, which was Bradford directory. It was usually cold by Shap summit.

Anyway, this is what I have been waiting for, and it can only benefit the club if it enables Chalmers to spend more money on players.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 am

Bull Mania wrote:
I'm all for asking questions e.g. What happens if the planned for a new stadium doesn't materialise after two years, where will you go then.

I don't know if you remember the old 'Asteroids' machines in the arcades back in the ermm, eighties. When your spaceship was about to be blown to smithereens you had the escape opportunity known as the 'Hyperspace' button. Hit this and you escaped the current imminent demise, but you could end up anywhere, from moving serenely through space to being caught in a solar explosion and being destroyed anyway.

I think Chalmers has probably hit our hyperspace button.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:31 am

We say we are moving but yet the rfl have the final say in it, so what happens if they don’t sanction the move

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:45 am

People seem to forget that Chalmers did not enter this alone but was in partnership with Lowe who unfortunately had to withdraw through ill health fairly early in the adventure. And as yet nobody has ever got to the bottom of the "encouragements" from the RFL that were pretty soon scuppered. Hats off to Chalmers for carrying on with this basket case for so long. Not sure how many of his critics would have thrown as much money into the black hole.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:55 am

All of our party of 7 are signing up for Season Tickets at Dewsbury to continue our adventure with Bradford Northern/Bulls. Couldn’t imagine not seeing them play - goes back 41 years for some of us. Well done to our Chairman for not signing the death warrant of a lease.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:24 am

No one has raised the most important point yet
What will happen to the tea lady???

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:53 pm

Bulliac wrote:I don't know if you remember the old 'Asteroids' machines in the arcades back in the ermm, eighties. When your spaceship was about to be blown to smithereens you had the escape opportunity known as the 'Hyperspace' button. Hit this and you escaped the current imminent demise, but you could end up anywhere, from moving serenely through space to being caught in a solar explosion and being destroyed anyway.

I think Chalmers has probably hit our hyperspace button.

I'm fully expecting a solar explosion coming our way from the RFL in the coming days and months. I can't see them taking this lying down by any means. I think their terse statement hints at that.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/