Post a reply

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Hopebull wrote:I'm fully expecting a solar explosion coming our way from the RFL in the coming days and months. I can't see them taking this lying down by any means. I think their terse statement hints at that.

It's going to have to be a hell of a statement from the RFL to stop the Bulls from playing at Dewsbury. The fact that AC didn't sign the lease for Odsal past 2019 when he took on the club shows that this scenario has been coming, and the RFL have been aware of it, for a number of years.

Although, forward planning isn't the RLFs forte really.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Hopebull wrote:I'm fully expecting a solar explosion coming our way from the RFL in the coming days and months. I can't see them taking this lying down by any means. I think their terse statement hints at that.

I think that's off the back of the RFL saying to Chalmers "What are you going to do? Leave Odsal :lol: . What do you mean 'yes'??? :shock: "

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:24 pm

2285 attendance., food for thought Mr chalmers...

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:49 pm

1369 attended the 2017 fixture, what’s the point?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:53 pm

if we buy into C's vision, 5k is not enough

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:56 pm

i think we fans will still blindly follow .. (as the fat dogs sing) where ever we will follow ... 5k with an expandable 8k (according to Mick G) we might have many all ticket games

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:58 pm

Alot might depend on new players we bring in if any

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Surely not wrote:2285 attendance., food for thought Mr chalmers...

Dewsbury's last home game was 1229.
So an increase of 1056, say Bulls took a thousand for an away game you would expect it to be around 3000 for home games at Dewsbury.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:21 pm

bulls2487 wrote:Dewsbury's last home game was 1229.
So an increase of 1056, say Bulls took a thousand for an away game you would expect it to be around 3000 for home games at Dewsbury.

im not a bradfordian nor in blighty but i do know our loyal fan base will swallow dews ground, when the big games come (not v dews lol) .. if we are there or there abouts, 5k will NOT enough

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Landlords fall to their tenants in today's game. Another good trip to Dewsbury. I always enjoy visiting the Tetley's Stadium. The supporters are great and the atmosphere and banter was in full flow. They have a fantastic little ground with some wonderful heritage items on show in the bar under the terracing. They have the 3G facilities around the back of the ground, a roof over the main stands and a scoreboard that works! It's not all bad.

Whilst speaking with some Bradford and Dewsbury fans today, some interesting ideas were raised about our upcoming ground share. It was suggested that during the warmer summer months that the games could be a staged as a double header e.g. Bradford vs Halifax followed by Dewsbury vs Batley. I'm sure with the right amount of promotion and buy in from the fans we could turn that into a sell out fixture!

Another idea was to offer Rams & Bulls fans discounted entry into each others fixtures e.g. If Bradford are away in Toulouse and Dewsbury have a home fixture the same weekend any Bulls season ticket holders can watch the game at the Tetley's Stadium for £5.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/