Post a reply

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Betsy Bulls wrote:1369 attended the 2017 fixture, what’s the point?

It's self explanatory really but it gives an indication of how many are prepared to travel...

It's not enough...

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:47 pm

we do need that expanded capacity ... those d headers are def a good shout .. but if the Bradford faithful do decide to show up, dews ground is not big enough

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:55 pm

It’s not self explanatory. You could have been saying the crowd was surprisingly good or surprisingly low. It’s also peak holiday season, effectively a dead rubber game and on the back of the above any bulls fan had to pay to get in, so I wouldn’t necessarily agree it’s a guide to how many bulls fans will travel, with all due respect

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Surely not wrote:It's self explanatory really but it gives an indication of how many are prepared to travel...

It's not enough...


Enough for what?

Don't forget all the Bulls fans had to pay for this game.

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:01 pm

Bull Mania wrote:Enough for what?

Don't forget all the Bulls fans had to pay for this game.


You have to pay for every game. ST's aren't free.

A "reduced" capacity could be great for you - it incentivizes people to get the few tickets that are available, including STs.

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:05 pm

dboy wrote:You have to pay for every game. ST's aren't free.

A "reduced" capacity could be great for you - it incentivizes people to get the few tickets that are available, including STs.


I meant that the majority of the 2k attendance were from the pay on the gate Bulls fans. The poster was alluding to the fact that the 2k attendance was much lower than our 3.5k average (which includes ST holders)

For example me. I'll prob get a ST next year but didn't go today as I didn't want to fork out with it being holiday season and the game not having a massive effect where we finish.

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:14 pm

Bull Mania wrote:I meant that the majority of the 2k attendance were from the pay on the gate Bulls fans. The poster was alluding to the fact that the 2k attendance was much lower than our 3.5k average (which includes ST holders)

For example me. I'll prob get a ST next year but didn't go today as I didn't want to fork out with it being holiday season and the game not having a massive effect where we finish.



It's a balancing act, for sure. It should work well for you.

If you are competitive in the top 5 next year, you'll get a number of sell-outs.

It'll be the "hot ticket".

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:18 pm

bulls2487 wrote:Dewsbury's last home game was 1229.
So an increase of 1056, say Bulls took a thousand for an away game you would expect it to be around 3000 for home games at Dewsbury.


I don't really get that logic, to be honest. Why would we get 3000 for a 'home' game when we only took 1000 to an 'away' game? It's the same stadium!

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:22 pm

paulwalker71 wrote:I don't really get that logic, to be honest. Why would we get 3000 for a 'home' game when we only took 1000 to an 'away' game? It's the same stadium!


Agree, but there will be a bit of rebalancing, with the branding of "home" games, starting on "zero", so will be competitive straight away, and the limited capacity when it comes to big games.

Re: Not playing at Odsal next year?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Betsy Bulls wrote:It’s not self explanatory. You could have been saying the crowd was surprisingly good or surprisingly low. It’s also peak holiday season, effectively a dead rubber game and on the back of the above any bulls fan had to pay to get in, so I wouldn’t necessarily agree it’s a guide to how many bulls fans will travel, with all due respect

I'm a concise sort of guy, perhaps more words would have been appropriate.

That said my gut feel is gates will plummet but probably still have a better atmosphere than odsal..

I was using the term enough as a marker against what chalmers expects.

With regards to a dead rubber game - don't we need to win every game?
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/