Post a reply

Re: Leaving Odsal and future in general

Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:54 am

rugbyreddog wrote:It depends on whether you are a supporter that goes to away games as well as home games. :D

Lol, I guess that's a good point, though I suspect we may get both sets of 'home' fans for both fixtures, so a win, win.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:04 am

In terms of total tickets sold, I don't think we can read too much such a large number of stand seats being sold quite early. There were (at a guess) probably more seat ticket holders last season at Odsal than will be available at Dewsbury, so it does make it a bit more urgent if you want a seat. I got mine on the 19th of August.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:39 pm

I've never once even remotely had any problem getting a seat at Dewsbury, so don't get what the fuss is about.

What would be interesting is
(a) what our regular support for "home" matches will be at Dewsbury; and
(b) whether those who don't normally travel to away games WILL also attend the "away" Dewsbury fixture as well as the home one. I would imagine not, as the reason they don't travel away would probably be because they have a season ticket for Home but don't want to pay on the gate at "Away", and not where the away fixture happens to be.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Ferocious Aardvark wrote:I've never once even remotely had any problem getting a seat at Dewsbury, so don't get what the fuss is about.

What would be interesting is
(a) what our regular support for "home" matches will be at Dewsbury; and
(b) whether those who don't normally travel to away games WILL also attend the "away" Dewsbury fixture as well as the home one. I would imagine not, as the reason they don't travel away would probably be because they have a season ticket for Home but don't want to pay on the gate at "Away", and not where the away fixture happens to be.

Maybe because the club have already sold 500 seating season tickets and they are only 900 available at the standard rate, rest are premier club and hospitality.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:37 pm

It’s not that difficult to understand is it. If there are 900 seats at Dewsbury and we have 1000 current season ticket holders who currently sit and they all go to Dewsbury for our home games and want a season ticket, someone is going to miss out!

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:11 am

In his latest article Chalmers talks about us securing new premises in Wibsey for the ticket office. Doesn't really sound something you'd put so much time and energy in if you were about to go pop.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:18 am

"We'll announce our DR partner once we are sure they've not been relegated" or "We have another pie in the sky link up with Toronto planned if they get promoted"

If it's Salford however........

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:12 pm

To cheer myself up I've added a sentence to Duncan Preston's wikipedia about supporting Bradford. We are like catnip to celebs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Preston

Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Anyone seen this weeks 'Back Chat'? I've just watched it and there's a really interesting section where Matthew Shaw quizzes Damian Irvine about what's going on with the Bulls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRZUhFu8ZK4

Scrub to 34 minutes 30 seconds to skip all the SL guff, and you'll get the piece, which last about 8 minutes.

Some really interesting insights. Well worth listening...

Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:24 pm

The only issue is that the RFL made playing at Odsal and running an academy and not selling the lease as mandatory conditions for a prospective buyer.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/