Post a reply

Re: Leaving Odsal and future in general

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:19 pm

I think Damien Irvine was being a tad disingenuous. But until someone can sit Chalmers down in front of a mic' and ask the hardball questions we ain't going to get anywhere with assumptions and speculation. Hopefully a forthcoming Fans Forum might get some Fans to ask those and not also not allow themselves to be fobbed off!!

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Well to be fair, we don't know why Irvine suddenly stopped his involvement at the Bulls or BPA but you'd assume there might have been a disagreement somewhere.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for answers at a fans forum either. The last ones I went to they strung it out answering mundane sent in questions and then wrapped things up very quickly to avoid any awkward questions. I doubt Chalmers is going to reveal anymore than he would in his weekly columns anyway.

As far as I'm concerned that's it concerning the Bulls for 2019. No point worrying about what comes next, if they're still about next year I will still try and get to some games at Dewsbury.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:43 am

Foolish or not, my family's in...ST and Car Park pass sorted...

I agree Irvine's being a little economical...you can't cut your cloth (to get the mouth breather's foaming) if the RFL won't let you...plus the RFL approved the budget. Therefore we are back to the tip as the cause of all the issues...

So when AC wants to move to reduce costs it's common sense, except fo rthe RFL who clearly believe we should spend thruppence on a team and maintain their stadium instead...

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:15 am

Says in T&A club think we'll. Be out of special measures at end of the month. Let's hope so as the quicker it's resolved the better.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:38 am

There's a little bit of, "they would say that, wouldn't they" in that statement as it obviously impacts on ticket sales - let's just hope the confidence is justified. I've got mine, btw.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:47 am

Worrying that there’s a tweet from Michael Piper (I think he works with the academy?) talking about working hard all year to be ignored and not paid.

I’ve taken all of the twitter rumours with a pinch of salt but from an employee of the club it needs sorting out ASAP.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:15 am

One of the responses was a Rams player tagging in Hudds YMCA RU club. I am taking it to mean that. You think he'd be paid monthly by the Bulls.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:25 am

Hope that’s right then!

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:48 am

Ewwenorfolk wrote:Hope that’s right then!

Michael Piper should know better than to issue an ambiguous tweet shouldn’t he?

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:30 am

paulwalker71 wrote:Anyone seen this weeks 'Back Chat'? I've just watched it and there's a really interesting section where Matthew Shaw quizzes Damian Irvine about what's going on with the Bulls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRZUhFu8ZK4

Scrub to 34 minutes 30 seconds to skip all the SL guff, and you'll get the piece, which last about 8 minutes.

Some really interesting insights. Well worth listening...

Interesting Irvine raises the MOU from earlier in the season which he was going to head up. This was something I suggested as a viable opportunity but it seems something has turned sour for that to not go ahead (one of the three stakeholders must have pulled out).

This raises some key questions, the main one being why was such a potentially positive way forward (and ultimately a solution to everyone's problems) canned to the extent that the club felt its only viable option was to move the club out of Bradford?
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/