Post a reply

Re: last 2

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:03 am

I think we'll look back at the end of the season and say it was York away that cost us - a one-point defeat that was literally a four-pointer in the table. Lilley hit the post with a drop goal, their guy hit the post with a drop goal and it went over - fine margins!

If that had gone the other way, we'd be two points behind York (instead of six) with two games to go that York could well lose.

Ah well....

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:45 am

paulwalker71 wrote:I think we'll look back at the end of the season and say it was York away that cost us - a one-point defeat that was literally a four-pointer in the table. Lilley hit the post with a drop goal, their guy hit the post with a drop goal and it went over - fine margins!

If that had gone the other way, we'd be two points behind York (instead of six) with two games to go that York could well lose.

Ah well....

A few of those of what ifs. 10-0 up against Sheffield and then Green inexicably sets sent off. The Phantom obstruction against Widnes. We've got a good base to push on next season which is what the target was all a long this year.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:41 pm

Nothus wrote:We should have beaten York at home, and in the end it's looking like that will be the game that costs us a playoff place.
I seem to recall us missing quite a few players for that York game, certainly Keyes and Peltier did not play. Not an excuse for losing but they definitely would have made a difference.

I think if we'd had Keyes fit for the whole season we'd be a good 4 or 6 points higher up the table right now.

I agree about Keyes. Milnes did well for an inexperienced HB but the difference since Keyes came back has been marked. He is a better ball player, with a few tricks and also decent goal kicker. A good partnership with Lilley has blossomed as well. I expect them to kick on next season.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:49 pm

I thought we had it within us to finish third in this league. However I said also that I would be reasonably happy if we battled hard to make the playoffs. With 2 games to go and it being out of our hands I don't think that anybody can delay that we haven't given it a good go this season. Pretty pleased with how we have gone although o feel we could have won some of the close games.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:23 pm

At the start of the season, I said that if we kept the whole team fit and had no off-field issues we had a good shot at 5th spot.

As it stands, we lost our primary full back before the season started and our star playmaker to his own superstar fantasies

But even so, we've still a chance of 6th spot and an outside chance of still gatecrashing the play-offs on the last day.

We beat Leeds in the cup too. All in all, it's not been a terrible season for us
Previous
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/