Apr 02 200420 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Mar 24 20:5528th Oct 23 10:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:36 am  
DrFeelgood wrote:
So in that case it will be handled by the LA?

No the LA's role is merely to register small lotteries - the Gambling Commission assign this role to them. All gambling is overseen and regulated by the GA following the rules contained within the Gambling Act. Government Agencies will almost always prosecute if you break the rules for a number of reasons including not being seen to be favouring an organisation, the agency, departments and individuals within it will have targets for prosecutions and to raise money for the government. If and when it goes to court the judge may apply discretion to any punishment imposed but it's a fairly serious offence to operate an unlicenced gambling operation (including a lottery) with a max punishment of 51 weeks imprisonment and a fine.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5271
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 201014 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:386th Mar 24 20:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:17 pm  
But who would be punished if a case such as ours where to end up before the judge?

The Organisation
The Head Honcho
His Manager in Charge

?
Mr Dog 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1256No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 02 200420 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:59 pm  
Bulls4Champs wrote:
But who would be punished if a case such as ours where to end up before the judge?

The Organisation
The Head Honcho
His Manager in Charge

?

I'd guess whoever is named as the 'promotor' or failing anyone being named the head honcho. Worth noting that both promoting and facilitating a non registered lottery carry the same maximum punishment (51 weeks jail) so potentially multiple offences. Any money collected during the period may possibly be viewed as criminal gains and need to be repaid.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1004
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 02 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Feb 23 14:5129th Jan 23 15:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you don't believe you can do something, you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger

Re: Bulls Takeover : Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:57 pm  
For the sake of a 20 quid admin fee it would seem heavy handed to impose big penalties for this, when the club have been running the lottery for years anyway. Unless of course a license was applied for and rejected.
Mr Dog 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1256No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 02 200420 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:10 pm  
DrFeelgood wrote:
For the sake of a 20 quid admin fee it would seem heavy handed to impose big penalties for this, when the club have been running the lottery for years anyway. Unless of course a license was applied for and rejected.

And there's the rub. Unfortunately someone through laziness or incompetence is likely going to suffer the consequences. Crimes against the 'exchequer' have always attracted more severe punishments than you might expect......
Blotto 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3989
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 05 200519 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Mar 24 00:437th Mar 24 04:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2.5 hrs North of Newcastle. 8 hrs South of Brisbane
Signature
The phrase politically correct is in itself politcally incorrect so should be rephrased politically stupid!

If you like old type radio comedy/ dramas etc listen to //pumpkinfm.com/

Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting dead the older you get!

Thank god only when you find a religion that passes the truth test!

Re: Bulls Takeover : Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:40 am  
Mr Dog wrote:
I'd guess whoever is named as the 'promotor' or failing anyone being named the head honcho. Worth noting that both promoting and facilitating a non registered lottery carry the same maximum punishment (51 weeks jail) so potentially multiple offences. Any money collected during the period may possibly be viewed as criminal gains and need to be repaid.

According to my Big 1 membership card it's Robbie Hunter Paul. but whether he is now??
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player8No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 12 20194 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th May 22 23:3816th Jan 20 21:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:12 pm  
I'm new here as an account holder but have been reading for a good while.

What has been taking place from the person posting as Nestegg is truly poor form. The person is known to most people closely involved with the club at the top table but not widely known by Bulls Supporters or generally.

The person isn't given any credibility by anyone who knows them because too many times in the past this kind of behaviour has been demonstrated and everytime no evidence has been provided for the many various accusations and claims made.

The person attended fan forums recently of the bulls but didn't utter a word or offer a question.

He called players fathers who had contacted him on this forum looking for help and answers, believing initially to be someone who knows something. They were badly let down and very angry to discover there is no substance or credibility to this person.

The person when referring to "meeting council" and things of that nature is correct, but they are nothing more than a serial pest contacting their local council representative, staff, or MP to sprout the same type of conspiracy theories that they sprout on here.

They make claims they know people and are working with people who do have a high profile or respected name, however these claims are generally baseless and when given scrutiny generally reveal that this Nestegg has called and left a message or written an email once to the said high profile person.

They will then go to another high profile person and say " XYZ is involved and I am doing work for them, I have a consortium of legal advisors and experts and I am heavily involved in the new take over of the Bulls" ...for example.

It isn't true.

Like most Bulls fans they have good reason to be sceptical and to ask for answers of the previous and current regime. The Nestegger has been contacting various well respected rugby league journalists for a number of months with the same rantings and has been asked for provide some semblance of evidence or proof, but fails to deliver every time when called out.

It is all very familiar to their rantings on here.

During the Green era and administration and in the first year of Andrew Chalmers arrival at the club, a person and some friends approached Chalmers and the Bulls offering legal expertise and assistance in the RFL and player TUPE claim that was a feature of the terrible year that was 2017. Incredibly Chalmers fell into the story and allowed them to act for a very short time for the Bulls on the matter. this didn't last long.

They also looked into the Frozen lottery account as well but were unable to achieve any headway with the administrator Mr Pettit and that "help" faded away also.

It did give the people involved a little bit of knowledge and insight which few people have of the club and goings on. I make no comment on why that would be relevent here other than to say it doesn't take much to pretend you know everything.

The same person attended a local amatuer rugby club on the morning of the NRL Grand Final and was pretending to be involved with Sport England as an investigator of some description and making some noises about Odsal and Nigel Wood and sport england investigation that isn't actually taking place. That person has no involvement at all with Sport England.

I'm sure none of this will come as a surprise to most readers here but thought I would make the point clearly
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9330
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:2428th Mar 24 08:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Bulls Takeover : Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:15 pm  
Thanks for clearing that up Stuart.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1977
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 15 201013 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Mar 24 13:1819th Oct 22 14:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:21 pm  
ArastuJah wrote:

The same person attended a local amatuer rugby club on the morning of the NRL Grand Final and was pretending to be involved with Sport England as an investigator of some description and making some noises about Odsal and Nigel Wood and sport england investigation that isn't actually taking place. That person has no involvement at all with Sport England.

I'm sure none of this will come as a surprise to most readers here but thought I would make the point clearly

He said he was acting on behalf of sport england about monies not paid by the RFL (which sport england allocated to the RFL) to amateur clubs upon signing for clubs in different tiers of the game.

He then later went on to talk about the pension scandal etc and that sport england had a vested interest in odsal (which I could not belive would be true). He never once mentined Nigel Wood though as I was speaking to him myself at length, to be honest there was no one atthe club other than me who would have spoken about the Bradford Bulls to someone of that ilk.

Once I saw the name Charles I did actually think this person was him. He was a very articulate man and can b read as that in the posts
RankPostsTeam
International Star1977
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 15 201013 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Mar 24 13:1819th Oct 22 14:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bulls Takeover : Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:24 pm  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up Stuart.