Nov 16 20194 years216th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Mar 22 22:181st Feb 22 08:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto to host Australia before the Ashes : Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:48 am  
Steph Curry wrote:
To be fair it’s Toronto who are generating the column inches over here too.

Pity they don't generate TV deals.

Pity they don't generate players.

Why is it "fair" they are in Superleague when all they generate is a massive debt

You'll go to any extreme to justify this fake club :wink:
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 28 200222 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Feb 24 16:0319th Feb 24 12:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
There's Only One F in Wakefield

Re: Toronto to host Australia before the Ashes : Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:59 pm  
Donnyman wrote:
Pity they don't generate TV deals.

Pity they don't generate players.

Why is it "fair" they are in Superleague when all they generate is a massive debt

You'll go to any extreme to justify this fake club :wink:

Very shortsighted, harnessed propertly Toronto could be a great benefit to the game. Just the kind of shot in the arm the sport needs. Helping to dispel the flatcap image and bring more attention and fans to the game.

Also if it takes off over there we open up a new market of millions of potential players, refs, fans etc. They havent been parachuted in either, won promotion fair and square from both League 1 and the Championship.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 16 20194 years216th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto to host Australia before the Ashes : Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:43 pm  
TrinityIHC wrote:

Very shortsighted, harnessed propertly Toronto could be a great benefit to the game. If it takes off over there we open up a new market of millions of potential players, refs, fans etc. They havent been parachuted in either, won promotion fair and square from both League 1 and the Championship.

Are you serious here, or just making stuff up for fun?

Promotion was fair and square? I thought they spent a fortune on players in both League 1 and the Championship. That was hardly "fair" or "square" was it? We are in the fourth season now and there aren't any Canadian players or Refs. No sign of any?? No TV deal either. Millions of fans?? You are making stuff up here, are you Bob Hunter

I'd give you the benefit of the doubt all day long here, if perhaps you would accept they need to come up with TV deals, fans, ref's etc before they take a place in Superleague?

So what's your vision for them? How would you "Harness them properly"??
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 28 200222 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Toronto to host Australia before the Ashes : Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:43 pm  
Donnyman wrote:
Are you serious here, or just making stuff up for fun?

Promotion was fair and square? I thought they spent a fortune on players in both League 1 and the Championship. That was hardly "fair" or "square" was it? We are in the fourth season now and there aren't any Canadian players or Refs. No sign of any?? No TV deal either. Millions of fans?? You are making stuff up here, are you Bob Hunter

I'd give you the benefit of the doubt all day long here, if perhaps you would accept they need to come up with TV deals, fans, ref's etc before they take a place in Superleague?

So what's your vision for them? How would you "Harness them properly"??

Not making owt up. They are self financed, complied with the rules and worked their way up from L1....

Things take time to develop for the fans, refs etc. Cant just demand they suddenly be producing crops of players after 4 years. They increase our exposure to sponsorship and general visibility. SBW is a global superstar and they have brought him into RL. No othe SL club could have done that - its great for the profile of the sport. Not to mention they arent taking their Sky money so all other clubs get another 100kish

I think having them in the top tier is better for the game and will allow them to develop quicker.
IR80 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 24 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Sep 20 02:4026th Aug 20 00:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto to host Australia before the Ashes : Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:18 pm  
TrinityIHC wrote:
Not making owt up. They are self financed, complied with the rules and worked their way up from L1....

Things take time to develop for the fans, refs etc. Cant just demand they suddenly be producing crops of players after 4 years. They increase our exposure to sponsorship and general visibility. SBW is a global superstar and they have brought him into RL. No othe SL club could have done that - its great for the profile of the sport. Not to mention they arent taking their Sky money so all other clubs get another 100kish

I think having them in the top tier is better for the game and will allow them to develop quicker.

No such thing as "their" Sky money, they are on the deal as agreed, so far all TWP have done is moan and want preferential treatment.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1998
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 30 200717 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 00:3610th Apr 24 23:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto to host Australia before the Ashes : Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:44 pm  
TrinityIHC wrote:

Whether having them in the "top tier" is better for the game remains to be seen, but it didn't do anything to help the Championship and L1 prosper. My prediction is that TWP will come bottom in SL this year. Maybe not because they have the worst team (players & coaches), but more that all the other SL clubs (maybe more the players tbh), will be motivated to beat them. This was how it was in L1 and then the Championship, but the other teams in those leagues didn't have the firepower to do it. It will be different in SL, especially given that TWP appear to have a paper-thin (numbers-wise) squad.

An interesting season ahead.
IR80 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 24 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Sep 20 02:4026th Aug 20 00:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto to host Australia before the Ashes : Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:53 pm  
HXSparky wrote:
Whether having them in the "top tier" is better for the game remains to be seen, but it didn't do anything to help the Championship and L1 prosper. My prediction is that TWP will come bottom in SL this year. Maybe not because they have the worst team (players & coaches), but more that all the other SL clubs (maybe more the players tbh), will be motivated to beat them. This was how it was in L1 and then the Championship, but the other teams in those leagues didn't have the firepower to do it. It will be different in SL, especially given that TWP appear to have a paper-thin (numbers-wise) squad.

I just feel sorry for the thous..... oh hang on, there wont be any travelling fans.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 28 200222 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Toronto to host Australia before the Ashes : Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:23 pm  
HXSparky wrote:

Yeah I get it, I have them coming bottom too and I can get why they are ruffling feathers with how they are carrying on but this is an opportunity the game needs to take advantage of, especially with the Sky deal running down.
roopy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1995No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 06 200519 years294th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Oct 23 19:4613th Nov 22 01:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto to host Australia before the Ashes : Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:03 am  
HXSparky wrote:
It will be different in SL, especially given that TWP appear to have a paper-thin (numbers-wise) squad.

I know of at two guys with NRL experience who have knocked back chances to join a NSW cup squad this year because their managers still think they have a chance at a TWP contract.

I've heard that TWP only have 23 players and need a minimum of 30 just to be sure of being able to put a team on the field every week.
They expect to be able to sign the players they need.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 16 20194 years216th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toronto to host Australia before the Ashes : Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:43 am  
TrinityIHC wrote:

1. Not making owt up. They increase our exposure to sponsorship and general visibility.

2. They aren't taking their Sky money so all other clubs get another 100kish

3. Things take time to develop for the fans, refs etc. Cant just demand they suddenly be producing crops of players after 4 years.

1. Do they? Please tell me which big sponsors have now come on board with Superleague since TWP's entry and tell me the contract values?

2. Then why not remove more English clubs for North American ones so those left get even MORE money??

3. Utterly wrong....Perez NEVER said they'd use the long game developing juniors, he said they would convert grid iron players to Pro-RL players pretty quickly. PLUS McDermott confirmed recently TWP were not starting any sort of Junior game in Toronto.

Over to you....
PreviousNext