(Website)
Post a reply

Squad | Contract Info | Signings

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:37 pm

2015 Squad (including year in which contract expires) (Non-Federation Trained Players in Red)

Iestyn Harris - 2016

Mason Caton-Brown - 2016
Rangi Chase - 2017
Alex Davidson - 2014
Andrew Dixon - 2015
Michael Dobson - 2018
Brad England -
Niall Evalds - 2017
Theo Fages - 2017
Jon Ford - 2015
Carl Forster
George Griffin - 2015
Darrell Griffin - 2016
Josh Griffin - 2016
Matt Groat -
Harrison Hansen - 2017
Weller Hauraki - 2017
Gareth Hock - 2016
Liam Hood - 2016
Stuart Howarth - 2014
Greg Johnson - 2017
Ben Jones-Bishop - 2017
Tommy Lee - 2015
Kevin Locke - 2017
Luke Menzies - 2016
Adrian Morley - 2015
Edwin Okanga-Agwang - 2014
Cory Paterson - 2015 (Option for 1 year extension)
Tony Puletua - 2015
Junior Sa'u - 2015
Lama Tasi - 2015
Scott Taylor - 2015 (Season loan)
George Tyson - 2014
Adam Walne - 2017
Jordan Walne - 2017
Jason Walton - 2017

--------------------------------------------------------------
Players In (Confirmed)

Mason Caton-Brown - London Broncos
Michael Dobson - Newcastle Knights
Brad England - Leeds Rhinos
Carl Forster - St Helens
George Griffin - London Broncos
Josh Griffin - Unattached
Matt Groat - St George-Illawarra Dragons
Weller Hauraki - Castleford Tigers
Liam Hood - Hunslet Hawks
Ben Jones-Bishop - Leeds Rhinos
Kevin Locke - New Zealand Warriors
Luke Menzies - Swinton Lions
Scott Taylor - Wigan Warriors (Season loan)
Cory Paterson - Unattached

Players Out (Confirmed)

Matty Ashurst - Wakefield Wildcats
Jordan Davies - Released
Martin Gleeson - Retired
Will Hope - Released
Shannan McPherson - Released
Francis Meli - Released
Jake Mullaney - Bradford Bulls
Marc Sneyd - Hull FC
Danny Williams - Bradford Bulls
Steve Rapira - Released
Tim Smith - Wakefield
Gareth Owen - Oldham
Last edited by Adamjk on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 308 times in total.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:32 pm

Food for thought. Cheers. :D

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:40 pm

It definately looks a very useful squad, very youthful, very hungry lets hope with a years extra experience in superleague our younger players of last year can bring on the new youth to simular levels they achieved

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Anyone know anything about the contracts of the players I've got in bold at the moment. I'm assuming that they're all pretty much here next season so either they've signed new ones or I was just wrong about the years....?

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Adamjk wrote:Anyone know anything about the contracts of the players I've got in bold at the moment. I'm assuming that they're all pretty much here next season so either they've signed new ones or I was just wrong about the years....?


I was told on Monday night that littler had another year. DOH

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:05 pm

I am very very worried - is anyone else ? :cry:

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:47 pm

david caesar wrote:I am very very worried - is anyone else ? :cry:


Im not, if someone could work out the average age of that squad, Alker, Littler and Talau are the only over 30's in the squad

Which could work in our favour, The rest are young hungry players with point to prove, And alot of them have been discarded by other Clubs and will want to repay our faith. And if it works then other youngsters from other clubs will see our club as a place where youth will be given its oppertunity

With them all being young their experiance will be limited yes, but fitness will be on our side, Youth has proven that they play with no fear so big away games we wont see as different from others they will hopefully relish the occasion lets just hope they are told to play like we know they can at times during the last campaign

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:10 pm

scott-the-red wrote:Im not, if someone could work out the average age of that squad, Alker, Littler and Talau are the only over 30's in the squad

Which could work in our favour, The rest are young hungry players with point to prove, And alot of them have been discarded by other Clubs and will want to repay our faith. And if it works then other youngsters from other clubs will see our club as a place where youth will be given its oppertunity

With them all being young their experiance will be limited yes, but fitness will be on our side, Youth has proven that they play with no fear so big away games we wont see as different from others they will hopefully relish the occasion lets just hope they are told to play like we know they can at times during the last campaign



:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

I agree totally, lots of people getting all negative about our transfer dealing, players who are youthful have uaually not achieved anything in the game, we at salford city reds are giving them the chance to perform at the highest level with others who are in the simular position, surrounded by legends in the game like alan hunte and shaun mcrae passing on their knowledge who knows where we can go

Add to the fact the stadium is coming with the majority of the squad young and hungry we could in theory in 5 years be competing at the very top level week in week out.

all we need is a hero,somebody to take us to that next level, he might be already here he might be on his way we shall wait and see

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:19 pm

scott-the-red wrote:Im not, if someone could work out the average age of that squad, Alker, Littler and Talau are the only over 30's in the squad

Which could work in our favour, The rest are young hungry players with point to prove, And alot of them have been discarded by other Clubs and will want to repay our faith. And if it works then other youngsters from other clubs will see our club as a place where youth will be given its oppertunity

With them all being young their experiance will be limited yes, but fitness will be on our side, Youth has proven that they play with no fear so big away games we wont see as different from others they will hopefully relish the occasion lets just hope they are told to play like we know they can at times during the last campaign


I see the only problem being we don't have a leader on the park besides Alker, with Paul gone and now that time is taking it's toll on Mal we face the prospect of having periods of the game when we have no leader on the park, for me we need a old head second row in the Cartwright/Panapa mold to come on, steady the ship and use nowse as much as brute force.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Michigan red wrote:I see the only problem being we don't have a leader on the park besides Alker, with Paul gone and now that time is taking it's toll on Mal we face the prospect of having periods of the game when we have no leader on the park, for me we need a old head second row in the Cartwright/Panapa mold to come on, steady the ship and use nowse as much as brute force.


rob parker
Next
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/