Jun 25 200618 years9th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Sep 24 21:5421st Sep 24 11:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Smith Out : Mon May 01, 2017 9:36 am  
hull2524 wrote:
If that try had been awarded things could have turned out different. We gained momentum after that. IMO when you get Clarke back you won't be far off. You also missed westy. Underatted player imo

We have had 7 weeks of ifs and buts.
DAG 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach330No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 14 200618 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Sep 22 22:5419th Aug 22 22:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2 Super League Leaders Shields • 9 RFL Challenge Cups

3 League Championships • 1 League Leaders Trophy • 1 Premiership Trophy • 1 Club Championship Trophy • 4 Regal Trophies • 1 Captain Morgan Trophy • 1 Floodlit Trophy • 8 Lancashire League Titles • 9 Lancashire Cups

Twitter - @ElmDag

Re: Smith Out : Mon May 01, 2017 9:58 am  
Wires71 wrote:
Like you moan about Patton ?

There was no moan in my post, just your follow up moan about me. I suggest you try and deal with the facts when debating, spares blushes.

Facts? What facts are you getting into exactly? It's not even opinions with you, your just scrutinising and picking up on everything Tony Smith says or doesn't say to suit your agenda.

How can you compare him to Wane? It's like comparing Wayne Bennett to Des Hasler. Both successful in their own right, both different characters with different styles. Why is there a right or wrong to a managers post match comments and the way they put them across?

People are aggressive and wear their heart on their sleeve, people can be more measured and relaxed. Smith's been like this throughout his career and up until this season it's served him pretty well. Why should he change and turn into Shaun Wane all of a sudden?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5643
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 08 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Jun 20 19:0522nd Jun 20 17:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Smith Out : Mon May 01, 2017 10:55 am  
DAG wrote:
Facts? What facts are you getting into exactly? It's not even opinions with you, your just scrutinising and picking up on everything Tony Smith says or doesn't say to suit your agenda.

How can you compare him to Wane? It's like comparing Wayne Bennett to Des Hasler. Both successful in their own right, both different characters with different styles. Why is there a right or wrong to a managers post match comments and the way they put them across?

People are aggressive and wear their heart on their sleeve, people can be more measured and relaxed. Smith's been like this throughout his career and up until this season it's served him pretty well. Why should he change and turn into Shaun Wane all of a sudden?

What Saints fans got sick of with Cunningham was his desire to never blame his own team. He was often of the opinion the best team lost or the winning side weren't that good ( something I think he said about us last year)...It got the fans on his back and most probably to a point of no return with him.

I just want Smith to look into the camera and say to Bill Arthur "we are poor at the minute our last tackle options are weak and predictable. We have no spark no desire and struggle to win against mediocre opposition we have got to address that and if I have to look somewhere else for bodies that can do this then I will." Turn on his heels and kick a water bottle on the way down the tunnel..

The fine margins stuff is bull poop. Six years ago we could have had five tries chalked off per game and still won at a canter.

This need for fine lines to go our way is all Smiths doing. ..

How will you happy clappers take a fine line of finishing in the bottom four and playing second tier rugby. .....pull out the violins and the ifs and buts. ....unbelievable
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13923
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200618 years9th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Sep 24 21:5421st Sep 24 11:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Smith Out : Mon May 01, 2017 11:53 am  
DAG wrote:

My post was about the contrasting styles with, what looks on the face of it, to be one coach who does not seek to cite excuses and one that is using them quite frequently. The facts I rely on are the press statements.

Wane could have easily mentioned Castleford being a tough place to go to, or a difficult Easter but didn't. Smith did that in his 2nd sentence of the press release on the official Warrington Wolves news. But Wane made his first sentence that the performance was "Unacceptable" and there are "no excuses".

As for opinions, it is my opinion that we were more than "a bit off" beating Hull. Also I no longer believe the "we’ll dust ourselves off as we do and come back stronger" as we are not coming back stronger. We should be very strong now based on that mantra as we have had many defeats to dust off after. I just don't believe the message anymore. Honest question - do you believe him?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain247
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 08 20168 years268th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Aug 24 12:095th Apr 24 20:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Smith Out : Mon May 01, 2017 1:54 pm  
Call me a happy clapper or whatever insult you want to sling at people who have a different opinion to your own, I am sick and tired of key board warriors who seem to be trying to outdo each other with their unhappiness. Tell us all please, if you feel so upset at what is happening what are you really doing about it, rather than writing on this website? Have you actually made your feelings known directly to the club, written a letter, set up a meeting with someone with responsibility ith the club? Have you offered any positive solutions to the problems you believe exist? If so, please share your feedback, we would all be interested. I am disappointed with the teams performance and have been for some time, however, having been in business for many years I know that things don't always go the way you want, especially when your principal asset are people. I know this won't change the persistent doubters but if you really feel as strongly as you do, show how brave you are, contact the club directly and ask for a meeting to discuss your concerns. They may or may not accept, but at least you are trying to do something positive.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4603
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 17 20159 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Sep 24 19:1720th Sep 24 11:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.

Re: Smith Out : Mon May 01, 2017 5:12 pm  
If the alternative to being a "happy clapper" is to find fault with everything a player/the team/the coach does then I'm a "happy clapper" and proud. That does not make me a Smith apologist, nor does it make me happy about the way we have been playing. However the first half against Hull gave me more reason for optimism than all the wins bar Leeds.
Bring on the insults you "non happy clappers"!
DAG 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach330No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 14 200618 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Sep 22 22:5419th Aug 22 22:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2 Super League Leaders Shields • 9 RFL Challenge Cups

3 League Championships • 1 League Leaders Trophy • 1 Premiership Trophy • 1 Club Championship Trophy • 4 Regal Trophies • 1 Captain Morgan Trophy • 1 Floodlit Trophy • 8 Lancashire League Titles • 9 Lancashire Cups

Twitter - @ElmDag

Re: Smith Out : Mon May 01, 2017 5:54 pm  
the flying biscuit wrote:
What Saints fans got sick of with Cunningham was his desire to never blame his own team. He was often of the opinion the best team lost or the winning side weren't that good ( something I think he said about us last year)...It got the fans on his back and most probably to a point of no return with him.

I just want Smith to look into the camera and say to Bill Arthur "we are poor at the minute our last tackle options are weak and predictable. We have no spark no desire and struggle to win against mediocre opposition we have got to address that and if I have to look somewhere else for bodies that can do this then I will." Turn on his heels and kick a water bottle on the way down the tunnel..

The fine margins stuff is bull poop. Six years ago we could have had five tries chalked off per game and still won at a canter.

This need for fine lines to go our way is all Smiths doing. ..

How will you happy clappers take a fine line of finishing in the bottom four and playing second tier rugby. .....pull out the violins and the ifs and buts. ....unbelievable

Happy clappers?

Eight or so weeks ago you had a photo at the bottom of your signature of Kevin Brown clutching his World Club Series man of the match award. Six or seven defeats later its 'you're fired'.

If those supporting the team and those without an agenda against Smith are happy clappers then what are you?

Fickle?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5643
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 08 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Smith Out : Mon May 01, 2017 11:09 pm  
DAG wrote:
Happy clappers?

Eight or so weeks ago you had a photo at the bottom of your signature of Kevin Brown clutching his World Club Series man of the match award. Six or seven defeats later its 'you're fired'.

If those supporting the team and those without an agenda against Smith are happy clappers then what are you?

Fickle?

you do know there is a thread called "be a happy Clapper if you want" why are you questioning my use of that term when you haven't commented on that particular thread. I'm guessing you would rather get involved in some kind of Forum sparring with me other wise why not have a pop at moving on who started that thread............??

yes I did have the Kevin Brown image it was more a pop at those who said Brown was a joke signing.... seriously you dont think a glass Man of the match trophy award in a friendly is up there with a Challenge cup....??

and You think I have an Agenda against Smith.........!!! we were bottom of the league and not looking out of place there :shock:

I dont want to be in a league playing Featherstone and Halifax and Toulouse. if we win that league i'll put a picture of that in my signature... but personally I'd rather put the Superleague trophy in there but we have ZERO chance of that.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5643
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 08 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Smith Out : Mon May 01, 2017 11:12 pm  
Wolf Hall wrote:
Call me a happy clapper or whatever insult you want to sling at people who have a different opinion to your own, I am sick and tired of key board warriors who seem to be trying to outdo each other with their unhappiness. Tell us all please, if you feel so upset at what is happening what are you really doing about it, rather than writing on this website? Have you actually made your feelings known directly to the club, written a letter, set up a meeting with someone with responsibility ith the club? Have you offered any positive solutions to the problems you believe exist? If so, please share your feedback, we would all be interested. I am disappointed with the teams performance and have been for some time, however, having been in business for many years I know that things don't always go the way you want, especially when your principal asset are people. I know this won't change the persistent doubters but if you really feel as strongly as you do, show how brave you are, contact the club directly and ask for a meeting to discuss your concerns. They may or may not accept, but at least you are trying to do something positive.

the Happy Clapper thread just for you:
http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=604696

I'm not sure I've insulted anyone directly and certainly dont insult anyone that has differing opinions to mine. I haven't called you directly a Happy Clapper as I'm assuming you aren't as you didn't voice your concerns in the thread titled happy clapper. in the link above....
Please accept my apologies if you have Written to Moving on and are in the process of Setting up a meeting to discuss your concerns and maybe offering alternative suitable phrases... if so please share your feedback with the group..... :thumb:
Wolf Hall wrote:

the Happy Clapper thread just for you:

I'm not sure I've insulted anyone directly and certainly dont insult anyone that has differing opinions to mine. I haven't called you directly a Happy Clapper as I'm assuming you aren't as you didn't voice your concerns in the thread titled happy clapper. in the link above....
Please accept my apologies if you have Written to Moving on and are in the process of Setting up a meeting to discuss your concerns and maybe offering alternative suitable phrases... if so please share your feedback with the group..... :thumb:
Last edited by the flying biscuit on Mon May 01, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5643
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 08 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Smith Out : Mon May 01, 2017 11:14 pm  
Captain Hook wrote:
If the alternative to being a "happy clapper" is to find fault with everything a player/the team/the coach does then I'm a "happy clapper" and proud. That does not make me a Smith apologist, nor does it make me happy about the way we have been playing. However the first half against Hull gave me more reason for optimism than all the wins bar Leeds.

and also for you the Happy Clapper Thread which you appear to have missed...
Captain Hook wrote:

and also for you the Happy Clapper Thread which you appear to have missed...
PreviousNext