OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 17:1521st May 24 10:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Richard Henare..............Nuff Said

Re: Squad for The Wigan Game : Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:22 pm  
Time to forget Russell now, i've raised before my concerns around him and it's good we're utilizing the full squad. Next question is, how much time do we give Brown? Judging him of 1 match (bar an absolute stinker) isn't enough time IMO. I'm hoping for a solid performance from a man who wants a contract next year and to move on from the past few years of one season players (Bailey, Cox, Sandow et al)
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4520
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 17 20159 years13th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd May 24 05:1022nd May 24 21:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.

Re: Squad for The Wigan Game : Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:41 pm  
moving on... wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: we've not influenced anything. Price has just proved us to be right all along, that RUSSELL ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. why on earth would us 'usual suspects' think that we had any influence on this? Get over yourself, Price has seen 3 games and realized what normal people realised 4 years ago.

Good to see you number 3. Perhaps using the time spent finding emojis might be better spent reading the posts you reference.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2079No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 10 201113 years272nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Jun 23 21:1019th Jun 23 14:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Its ALWAYS our year

Est.1876

Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.

1876 - 2022

BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012

Re: Squad for The Wigan Game : Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:30 am  
Captain Hook wrote:
Good to see you number 3. Perhaps using the time spent finding emojis might be better spent reading the posts you reference.

I am not a number... I AM A FREE MAN!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13646
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200618 years9th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 22:3923rd May 24 08:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Squad for The Wigan Game : Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:15 am  
Captain Hook wrote:
Let me make this clear. You start with an assumption that it isn’t due to injury. Then leap to that being a vindication. Then you laud Price for dropping him when your starting point was you don’t know if he was dropped due to injury.
So to answer your question you are definitely one of the usual suspects, but you knew that.
(Just to make it even clearer your use of the word “vindication” was the back clapping I was referring to).
Karetakers reference to continuing to bleat until change takes place (I’m paraphrasing) was the deluded part. (Obviously suspect 2).
If anyone else wants clarification as to whether or not they fall into usual suspect category feel free to ask.
Ps if you can find a post where I suggest that Russell is a good winger, fill your boots.

As I thought. No evidence offered of anyone making a causal link between forum posts and Prices's actions which is what you asserted here.

Captain Hook wrote:
Oh good, Russell isn’t playing so the usual suspects clap themselves on their backs as though Price was in some way influenced by them, deluded doesn’t even come close.

I am flattered you have categorised me.

* https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/causal
Captain Hook wrote:
Let me make this clear. You start with an assumption that it isn’t due to injury. Then leap to that being a vindication. Then you laud Price for dropping him when your starting point was you don’t know if he was dropped due to injury.
So to answer your question you are definitely one of the usual suspects, but you knew that.
(Just to make it even clearer your use of the word “vindication” was the back clapping I was referring to).
Karetakers reference to continuing to bleat until change takes place (I’m paraphrasing) was the deluded part. (Obviously suspect 2).
If anyone else wants clarification as to whether or not they fall into usual suspect category feel free to ask.
Ps if you can find a post where I suggest that Russell is a good winger, fill your boots.

As I thought. No evidence offered of anyone making a causal link between forum posts and Prices's actions which is what you asserted here.

Captain Hook wrote:
Oh good, Russell isn’t playing so the usual suspects clap themselves on their backs as though Price was in some way influenced by them, deluded doesn’t even come close.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13646
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200618 years9th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Squad for The Wigan Game : Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:19 am  
CW8 wrote:
I'm not sure you can point a finger at any other one player and say they are responsible for a loss, loads of things in a game can happen differently in a game that could potentially change the outcome, a fumble with the line open in front is obvious but there are a lot more subtle things too. Russel has made some errors, yes he has carried pretty well but I think the most damming thing for him is that he hasn't been responsible for a try, no scores or assists in 3 games and as a winger that's probably why he has been dropped (assuming he isn't injured which is entirely possible)..

To be fair to him he was responsible for Huddersfields last try where he could have reasonable been expected to ground the kick dead.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13646
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200618 years9th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Squad for The Wigan Game : Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:26 am  
just_browny wrote:
Utter rubbish. Not sure anybody said he had had a good game; only that the good things he did were completely ignored.

You can drop a player or change a team around without castigating and exiling the dropped player. I think Brown will do some things better than Russell, like being more solid in the tackle and less likely to be outjumped by his opposite number. But he will also make fewer metres and be less of a threat running at the line. The coach has decided that he wants to see what Brown can do and that is completely fair enough.

Utter rubbish. How can a forum member exile a player? :lol: This is a RL forum for people to share opinions. Russell had it easy. If he turned those performances in during the Wilderspool years he would have been booed from the terraces, never mind harsh words on an internet forum.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4520
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 17 20159 years13th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd May 24 05:1022nd May 24 21:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.

Re: Squad for The Wigan Game : Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 am  
Wires71 wrote:

“As though” is an interpretation not an assertion. Based on context as well as content.
I presume you are still looking for any evidence of me calling Russell a good winger.
Of course, you studiously avoid dealing with the issues raised in my post about your specific post, but that was only to be expected.
Wires71 wrote:

“As though” is an interpretation not an assertion. Based on context as well as content.
I presume you are still looking for any evidence of me calling Russell a good winger.
Of course, you studiously avoid dealing with the issues raised in my post about your specific post, but that was only to be expected.
CW8 
RankPostsTeam
International Star3940
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 15 201311 years29th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 05:1717th May 24 11:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Squad for The Wigan Game : Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:57 am  
Wires71 wrote:
To be fair to him he was responsible for Huddersfields last try where he could have reasonable been expected to ground the kick dead.

Yes he was the main responsible party for that try, however the point I was trying to make is that one event in the game doesn't make him responsible for the defeat. I'm not advocating him in any way he's not had a good start to the season and I don't see the future being Matty Russell. I just don't see how you can blame just 1 player for a defeat even if he is probably a weak link.
Philth 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1556No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 19 200915 years57th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 17:1521st May 24 10:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Richard Henare..............Nuff Said

Re: Squad for The Wigan Game : Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:11 pm  
[quote="CW8"]Yes he was the main responsible party for that try, however the point I was trying to make is that one event in the game doesn't make him responsible for the defeat. I'm not advocating him in any way he's not had a good start to the season and I don't see the future being Matty Russell. I just don't see how you can blame just 1 player for a defeat even if he is probably a weak link.[/quote]

IF anyone is basing their opinion on Russell or any other player on one game then they deserve to be challenged, like i said above, i wont be judging Brown off tonight's game. Inevitably i will compare him to Russell's performances but i wont be calling for his head straight away.

Russell's problem is, he's gone backwards. The last try i saw him finish well was for Scotland in the WC. Other than that, his performances in the Warrington team for at least 12 months have been very poor. He's also lost his overall pace. In a strange way, i think i'd have more patience if he was dropped last year for performance, but i was getting more and more wound up seeing him named in squads when his performance wasn't commanding it.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13646
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200618 years9th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Squad for The Wigan Game : Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:45 pm  
Philth wrote:
In a strange way, i think i'd have more patience if he was dropped last year for performance, but i was getting more and more wound up seeing him named in squads when his performance wasn't commanding it.

I think this is it for me too. Tony played him (and others) come what may and I think that's what got peoples goat and probably Russell got the flak for that as he is not going to drop himself.

For the avoidance of doubt I would love Russell to turn it around into being a top winger for us. This may be just what he needs.
PreviousNext