Apr 01 201014 years51st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 16:1520th Mar 24 16:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Steve price : Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:40 pm  
sally cinnamon wrote:
Also remember Price has won a major trophy without the big gun players that TS had.

I'm not sure about that. Ratchford, Austin and Clark are arguably the best in their positions in the comp. You add the likes of Charnley, Lineham, Goodwin, Hill, Cooper and Currie etc and on paper we have one of the best squads in the league.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4198No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 20186 years24th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 24 21:4724th Mar 24 20:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Steve price : Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:43 pm  
On the back of the CC win, Price gets another year for me, but with the caveat that we play the rugby that were capable of. If nothing's changed by end of April 2020, SJM and SM should look elsewhere.
fez1 
RankPostsTeam
International Star2328
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 201113 years132nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 22:5426th Mar 24 07:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Steve price : Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:02 pm  
Ok - i've been wrong many times before but not always.
So SP has said time and time again that our problems are not difficult to fix but I've yet to see the fix.
There's virtually no team creativity in attack - we've looked bereft of ideas and had to rely on one or two moments of brilliance (more often than not from Daryl).
Bringing Widdop in will have a positive effect BUT there has to be attacking structure - not just 5 drives and a kick - to go with flair.
Don't get me started on the rest of the recruitment / retention though.

I wonder what Poweĺl, Ward and Watson would be able to do with this squad, or with the money that our coaches have had over the last few years....
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4421
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 17 20159 years13th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:3028th Mar 24 08:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.

Re: Steve price : Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:09 pm  
fez1 wrote:
So SP has said time and time again that our problems are not difficult to fix but I've yet to see the fix.
There's virtually no team creativity in attack - we've looked bereft of ideas and had to rely on one or two moments of brilliance (more often than not from Daryl).
Bringing Widdop in will have a positive effect BUT there has to be attacking structure - not just 5 drives and a kick - to go with flair.

I wonder what Poweĺl, Ward and Watson would be able to do with this squad, or with the money that our coaches have had over the last few years....

We are on the same page fez. Previously I’ve been one of the last to suggest a change of coach, bit odd to find myself in the vanguard.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16252
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 200419 years58th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Mar 24 20:0627th Feb 24 19:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016

Re: Steve price : Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:04 pm  
Lord Tony Smith wrote:
I'm not sure about that. Ratchford, Austin and Clark are arguably the best in their positions in the comp. You add the likes of Charnley, Lineham, Goodwin, Hill, Cooper and Currie etc and on paper we have one of the best squads in the league.

Sure, "one of the best squads in the league", with guys like those that you mention you have a great chance of finishing top 5 season after season.

But there is a difference between them and the Leeds players that I mentioned before, when it comes to winning Grand Finals. There are good players and there are relentless winners.
CW8 
RankPostsTeam
International Star3926
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 15 201310 years26th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:0126th Mar 24 23:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Steve price : Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:02 pm  
sally cinnamon wrote:
Sure, "one of the best squads in the league", with guys like those that you mention you have a great chance of finishing top 5 season after season.

But there is a difference between them and the Leeds players that I mentioned before, when it comes to winning Grand Finals. There are good players and there are relentless winners.

Does any team have a side full of relentless winners these days though?

On thread, I will hold my hands up as being wrong before but I have no faith at all that Steve price is the man to turn us around. The performances over the second half of last season(barring the semi and the final) were the worst in my whole time supporting wire. Topped even the rocket Rodwell era.
Last edited by CW8 on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3084No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 29 201212 years19th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Oct 23 18:501st Oct 23 18:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Steve price : Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:14 pm  
CW8 wrote:
Topped even the rocket Rodwell era.

Aaaarrrggg nooooooo he said it and I haven't got my therapist on speed dial any more. I can hear them coming now they're at the front door they're in the house Dale Laughton, Matt Sturm and Steve Anderson at the helm .... where's my emergency Harvey's Bristol Cream make it go away mama
CW8 
RankPostsTeam
International Star3926
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 15 201310 years26th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:0126th Mar 24 23:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Steve price : Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:19 pm  
morrisseyisawire wrote:
Aaaarrrggg nooooooo he said it and I haven't got my therapist on speed dial any more. I can hear them coming now they're at the front door they're in the house Dale Laughton, Matt Sturm and Steve Anderson at the helm .... where's my emergency Harvey's Bristol Cream make it go away mama

Apologies morrissey, I'd managed to forget about it myself until Steve reminded me. Still lots of social workers will be getting a few extra appointments at the moment, all helps the warrington economy I suppose.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 06 20159 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Mar 24 17:4224th Feb 24 19:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Steve price : Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:29 pm  
OK for me if he is staying which I think is most likely as the club would have acted by now.

I want to see changes elsewhere with the reserve grade being proper next year we have to make the right choices.

Hendo to reserve coach. With the view to become first team coach having layed the platform for players in the reserve to come into the first team and know the style of play and set loves etc. With ideally m monaghan as assistant to price.

Ade Gardner has a lot to answer for our fitness levels this year have taken a massive dive in prices first year it seemed we could defend for days now we are not able to maintain any level of intensity for the full 80.

Lee Briers, what us his roll, you would expect more from us going forward with him in the set up but we don't seem to be clicking, and Patton has mot improved or added anything you think Briers has been involved there

Somthing that shows the club are making changes for to seek improvement for next year.

I think we are a bit too caught up sometimes in knee jerj reactions this season was terrible and we played some terrible rugby and the effort levels from the team at times were not what they should have been, but we're losing sight if possibly the bigger decisions being made and that's with the reserve grade we want wane because if the success he had at Wigan look how he started and progressed and the players he coached before they were first team players that's a huge part to his success the team and academy was all geared up to the same style of play and ethics it jyst helped ensure there would be a steady flow of players capable of doing a job until someone new pushes them out. Marshall could force manfredi or burgess into a move away from Wigan...that should be our goal.

If we buy into the reserve team and invest and make changes to help price get better performances out of the team then I will be once again optimistic going into the new season. If there's no real change just widdop to turn our fortunes around then I'll probably just stick to watching sky games.

I have watched Featherstone rovers in the play off games on sky and what I would give for our side to show the commitment and team spirit they have. And they have payed some good rugby in getting to the final.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2079No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 10 201112 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Jun 23 21:1019th Jun 23 14:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Its ALWAYS our year

Est.1876

Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.

1876 - 2022

BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012

Re: Steve price : Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:24 am  
fez1 wrote:

Let us not forget. We went totally downhill once we lost Ratch for a large chunk of the season. Once he came back in he lifted for a knockout game but one player coming back doesn't get you out a slump. just as though it was looking as though we could get back to winning ways we lost Blake. Those are two massive players to lose on the field. When Blake came back you could tell he was still playing on one leg.

For me our issue is that we looked utterly knackered in the last quarter of the season. Every time someone made a break there was never anybody in support. If you watch saints this season anytime someone gets half a nose through a gap there are ALWAYS options either side of him, ALWAYS at least 3 players backing the runner up.

Im not surprised we look knacked an all. its the first bloody set and we've got 3 backs taking the first three drives in our first set of the game!! The backs are knackered and our front line relies of Hill and Cooper playing 50 minutes at lease and Daryl playing the full 80 week in, week out.

We need 2 Hill/Cooper style props and a proper lose forward ASAP. lets the forwards work like forwards and the backs work like backs. I'm all for the backs coming in and taking a bit of work off the forwards every now and then but not in the first set of the game, thats the time you pack should be knocking the opposition around and asserting some authority ffs.
PreviousNext