Post a reply

Re: Steve price

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:38 am

CW8 wrote:Making yards is a problem for us because we have no offload game so the opposition can commit numbers to tackles without worrying about gaps being exploited. We are the victims of our own crappy game plan and playing style. It doesn't need an offload every tackle, just the threat of an offload is enough. We have been dire and toothless and most of it is our own doing, the players can't have enjoyed playing this season.

Well this is the thing ive been sticking up for toby king, ppl saying he cant draw a man and get his winger away, THERE IS ZERO SPACE for him or Goodwin to exploit now, defences arent getting drawn in, we dont work to pull defences tight, it all starts in the middle.

Re: Steve price

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:42 am

CW8 wrote:Making yards is a problem for us because we have no offload game so the opposition can commit numbers to tackles without worrying about gaps being exploited.


This coupled with our reluctance to push up in defense. We need forwards who make the occasional offload and backs who can draw a man and put a pass away.

Re: Steve price

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:47 am

But we do have an offload game - Cooper, Hill, Clarke, Lineham & Hughes in particular are all very adept at getting the ball out of the tackle under pressure.

But they've clearly been told not to. That's the issue.

Re: Steve price

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:57 am

morrisseyisawire wrote:But we do have an offload game - Cooper, Hill, Clarke, Lineham & Hughes in particular are all very adept at getting the ball out of the tackle under pressure.

But they've clearly been told not to. That's the issue.


Exactly our problems are all down to coaching. London played brillinant rugby under henderson, I'd keep him and bring in a new coach for him and Paul anderson to work with. I think briers needs some time at a different club as well just to freshen himself up.

Re: Steve price

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:14 am

What's the point in having strike players like Blake Austin, Stef Ratchford, Daz Clarke etc when we've got Sam Allardyce in charge ?

Re: Steve price

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:21 am

Paul2812 wrote:What's the point in having strike players like Blake Austin, Stef Ratchford, Daz Clarke etc when we've got Sam Allardyce in charge ?

Hallelujah, brother

Re: Steve price

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:53 am

CW8 wrote:Making yards is a problem for us because we have no offload game so the opposition can commit numbers to tackles without worrying about gaps being exploited. We are the victims of our own crappy game plan and playing style. It doesn't need an offload every tackle, just the threat of an offload is enough. We have been dire and toothless and most of it is our own doing, the players can't have enjoyed playing this season.


Early season we had a great offload game. I remember at the start of the season everyone was saying how good cooper and lineham were with their offloads, always managing to hit the defenders spin and get the ball away, even from impossible looking positions.

As the season has gone on, the offloading has disappeared.

The players cant have forgotten how to offload so you can only assume that they are told not to offload!!

Re: Steve price

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:57 am

CW8 wrote:London played brillinant rugby under henderson.


Good point. When we played London away in the middle 8s two years ago, their style of rugby was excellent. I wonder how much influence Henderson does or doesn't have in the current set-up.

Re: Steve price

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:16 pm

Wirelad wrote:Early season we had a great offload game. I remember at the start of the season everyone was saying how good cooper and lineham were with their offloads, always managing to hit the defenders spin and get the ball away, even from impossible looking positions.

As the season has gone on, the offloading has disappeared.

The players cant have forgotten how to offload so you can only assume that they are told not to offload!!



i've said it on here a few times, saints away, we hit a brick wall, we then followed that up with the salford kicking at home, and we became an unrecognizable team.

Re: Steve price

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Apparently,as an added novelty bonus ,next year's season ticket will contain a bite off suicide pill for when you can't take any more.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/