JoinedServiceReputation
May 04 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 20:0726th Oct 20 19:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 19 man squad v Fev : Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:27 pm  
The club canvassed donations to sign the competition's best full back only for Duffy to petuantly sit him in the stands.

I can't understand his reasoning, Ryan Brierley was constantly found out of position today and his and Brown's defensive frailties tonight were exposed by Featherstone time and time again.

To much chopping and changing, especially in the halves with an added degree of stubbornness thrown in by Duffy meant that what started as a very promising season and potential for a great ending, fizzled out to finish as an underwhelming damp squid.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 26 20186 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Mar 24 13:1126th Feb 24 20:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 19 man squad v Fev : Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:57 pm  
Fev came out fired up we came out carrying kids never understood that before games especially the biggest of the season we cant sustain any pressure more than 3 sets with or without the ball little enthusiasm from team, will they be having a mildly upset day tmoz,or crowd what was the attendance, North stand an embarrassment with idiots back on show, gaps in defence mile wide, so called star signing, according to contributor on here who knows nowt,blowing bubbles for five minutes after making one break that he could not contribute to next attack, weird team selection, and i dont mean half back,pick players who are at least fit
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 15 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jun 21 07:397th Apr 21 15:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 19 man squad v Fev : Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:54 am  
Harold Rigby Jnr wrote:
The club canvassed donations to sign the competition's best full back only for Duffy to petuantly sit him in the stands.

I can't understand his reasoning, Ryan Brierley was constantly found out of position today and his and Brown's defensive frailties tonight were exposed by Featherstone time and time again.

To much chopping and changing, especially in the halves with an added degree of stubbornness thrown in by Duffy meant that what started as a very promising season and potential for a great ending, fizzled out to finish as an underwhelming damp squid.

Agree 100 per cent!

Time to get rid of a coach who has no idea, and plays his "favourites"

He is to coaching what Cyril Smith was to Hang Gliding!!
Cokey 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner21001
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 19 201113 years57th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 22:5628th Mar 24 22:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Signature

Re: 19 man squad v Fev : Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:31 am  
joanne callotte wrote:
Agree 100 per cent!

Time to get rid of a coach who has no idea, and plays his "favourites"

He is to coaching what Cyril Smith was to Hang Gliding!!

:lol: :lol: :thumb:
Alan 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 20 07:1217th Mar 20 21:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 19 man squad v Fev : Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:07 am  
ColD wrote:
Ridyards time has gone, our halfs looked a lot sharper without him but we don’t play the right structure to benefit

McNally is a strange one - at a loss as to what has gone in there

You may well be right about Martyn. His pace has gone, but his rugby brain is still sharper than most. Oh, and he can kick goals, and for position. Last night, Woods seemed to be doing the work of both half backs, kicking on both sides of the field. Brown is class, but he had a nightmare last night, on attack and defence. Look back at how many crucial errors he made.

Of course, he was not alone in that - I made it that four of Featherstone's tries came from us dropping the ball. Our defence, which is ferocious near our opponents' line, simply crumbles, near our own.

Team spirit meant so much, early in the season, with a team of local lads, supplemented by a clutch of talented, young Saints players. and it does seem that the decline started with our new, 'high profile' signings. Yet we had to sign some players, once the D/R's were on the way back. (luckily for Fev, they managed to hang on to some of theirs) Cast your mind back to all Duffy's original signings - he claimed to have coached them or known them well, and backed them. How many of the new signings did he say that about?

All that said though, when the pre-season started, and we didn't even know if we would have a club, never mind any players, anyone predicting that we would have finished fourth, would have probably been certified! So, my thanks to the coaching team and players who gave me a (mostly) enjoyable season. Many of the home games have been terrific value for money. When do the season tickets go on sale?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 26 20186 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 19 man squad v Fev : Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am  
Alan wrote:
You may well be right about Martyn. His pace has gone, but his rugby brain is still sharper than most. Oh, and he can kick goals, and for position. Last night, Woods seemed to be doing the work of both half backs, kicking on both sides of the field. Brown is class, but he had a nightmare last night, on attack and defence. Look back at how many crucial errors he made.

Of course, he was not alone in that - I made it that four of Featherstone's tries came from us dropping the ball. Our defence, which is ferocious near our opponents' line, simply crumbles, near our own.

Team spirit meant so much, early in the season, with a team of local lads, supplemented by a clutch of talented, young Saints players. and it does seem that the decline started with our new, 'high profile' signings. Yet we had to sign some players, once the D/R's were on the way back. (luckily for Fev, they managed to hang on to some of theirs) Cast your mind back to all Duffy's original signings - he claimed to have coached them or known them well, and backed them. How many of the new signings did he say that about?

All that said though, when the pre-season started, and we didn't even know if we would have a club, never mind any players, anyone predicting that we would have finished fourth, would have probably been certified! So, my thanks to the coaching team and players who gave me a (mostly) enjoyable season. Many of the home games have been terrific value for money. When do the season tickets go on sale?

So Duffy could coach a bunch of non leythers,the saints brigade, but he could not gel returning leythers or next year sl destined players
is it fair to ask who signed the late arriving players,who picked the team,did that cause the upset,did the coach react to one or the other
Are we now due to publish retain/released lists. that will be interesting. are we looking for 10/12 players again
I was disappointed with the whole day yesterday, so must Derek be, and am not prepared to go down the Bradley Hardacre route...be grateful for what we had
Alan 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 20 07:1217th Mar 20 21:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 19 man squad v Fev : Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:19 am  
satanicmills wrote:
So Duffy could coach a bunch of non leythers,the saints brigade, but he could not gel returning leythers or next year sl destined players
is it fair to ask who signed the late arriving players,who picked the team,did that cause the upset,did the coach react to one or the other
Are we now due to publish retain/released lists. that will be interesting. are we looking for 10/12 players again
I was disappointed with the whole day yesterday, so must Derek be, and am not prepared to go down the Bradley Hardacre route...be grateful for what we had

A lot of questions there. I can't really answer any of them though. Yes, I was disappointed with yesterday, but that's the way we have been playing for a few weeks now. I'm still grateful for what all at the club have achieved this season, given that we didn't look like having a club twelve months ago. That would probably have been just a tad more disappointing than yesterday's dreadfully poor performance. :wink:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 26 20186 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 19 man squad v Fev : Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:43 am  
Alan wrote:
A lot of questions there. I can't really answer any of them though. Yes, I was disappointed with yesterday, but that's the way we have been playing for a few weeks now. I'm still grateful for what all at the club have achieved this season, given that we didn't look like having a club twelve months ago. That would probably have been just a tad more disappointing than yesterday's dreadfully poor performance. :wink:

fact is we didnt do a Widnes. we probably could have done and still not gone down.Who knows what went on with the scousers, are the bobbies still involved

watched the game again thought Brown played better than Riddy has been doing he missed a tackle in try movement but we had two shirt grabbers after that a couple of forwards who made poor defence errors and the full back in the corner, well.Brown upped his game from York which few of his team mates did
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 200915 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Nov 21 11:5228th Oct 21 19:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 19 man squad v Fev : Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:48 am  
Alan wrote:

Spot on Alan (as usual)
Previous