Mar 15 201510 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st May 18 16:221st May 18 16:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Anderson to collect his P 45 ? poll : Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:10 pm  
fartown since 1961 wrote:
Please you have to be kidding Warrington fans were moaning because of a slight under performance.

Huddersfield 2016 12th place one win from nine matches.

Warrington 2015 finished 6th I think certainly comfortably middle 8's and they got to the Challenge Cup semi Finals ??

Lot of difference there give me Warringtons 2015 finish now for us this season and I wouldn't be asking should the coach leave.

They are probably laughing because one of their great rivals season has gone down the toilet and there doesn't seem to be a plan to fix it!!

We won't know IF he can fix it unless he's given a chance. IF he has the dressing room still then he stays! Can't risk bringing anyone else in because it could go much worse.
There's plenty of season to go yet. 4-5 wins in a row and we are probably top 8 depending on other results.
We need to keep faith don't we or our players are going to be playing in front of a bunch of people who have given up.
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years207th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Anderson to collect his P 45 ? poll : Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:27 pm  
I think that second sentence is key. If he has the dressing room. Jon sharp did not (that from a then ex player) I suspect NB lost it due to his will-he-won't-he antics.
If the players still respect PA then he will stay a while longer.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain42
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 03 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Jul 17 08:2215th Jul 17 08:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Anderson to collect his P 45 ? poll : Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:02 pm  
Hi,

Fartown Fan who has watched from the Murphy days here, i tried to log in with my old username (Hangerman) but the email address i used to register that account was deleted some time ago, so had to make this new one.

Anyhow! I read the boards a lot but don't post, but i feel i need to air my opinion on this important matter. Personally i feel that if the club has the same ambition as the other top clubs (which we were in the mix with up until last year) then we should have removed Anderson at the end of last year. I have a lot of respect for him as a man, and i'm sure he has many good qualities, but he has shown over the last three years that he does not have the coaching ability (through tactics or player selection/recruitment) to alter the underlying problem we have, which is capitulation in pressure situations. Our utterly lousy performance in play off games (worst of any team i believe) was not addressed over the last three years, when we have had good league finishes and then gone on to underperform in the pressure games. If we had the kind of ruthless ambition that the top teams have they would have parted company with him at that point.

Now we are at the other end of the league, and guess what, he still has not been able to change things between matches to alter our fortunes. As players have returned, and we have had a better squad than most of the teams we have played in the last few weeks (and i mean available squad) we still have been unable to cope when the pressure has been put on late in the game.

We need a coach who can affect a change in that mentality, whether one is available is entirely another matter , but it is clear that Anderson does not have that capability and we need to replace him before the challenge cup game. A good win in the challenge cup could be the catalyst for winning league games (even if against lower opposition) and i would like to see a new man in charge for that game.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1624
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 20159 years333rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Sep 24 14:5615th Sep 24 18:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Anderson to collect his P 45 ? poll : Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:41 am  
Hangermans wrote:
Hi,

Fartown Fan who has watched from the Murphy days here, i tried to log in with my old username (Hangerman) but the email address i used to register that account was deleted some time ago, so had to make this new one.

Anyhow! I read the boards a lot but don't post, but i feel i need to air my opinion on this important matter. Personally i feel that if the club has the same ambition as the other top clubs (which we were in the mix with up until last year) then we should have removed Anderson at the end of last year. I have a lot of respect for him as a man, and i'm sure he has many good qualities, but he has shown over the last three years that he does not have the coaching ability (through tactics or player selection/recruitment) to alter the underlying problem we have, which is capitulation in pressure situations. Our utterly lousy performance in play off games (worst of any team i believe) was not addressed over the last three years, when we have had good league finishes and then gone on to underperform in the pressure games. If we had the kind of ruthless ambition that the top teams have they would have parted company with him at that point.

Now we are at the other end of the league, and guess what, he still has not been able to change things between matches to alter our fortunes. As players have returned, and we have had a better squad than most of the teams we have played in the last few weeks (and i mean available squad) we still have been unable to cope when the pressure has been put on late in the game.

We need a coach who can affect a change in that mentality, whether one is available is entirely another matter , but it is clear that Anderson does not have that capability and we need to replace him before the challenge cup game. A good win in the challenge cup could be the catalyst for winning league games (even if against lower opposition) and i would like to see a new man in charge for that game.

I agree with a lot of that post, I wish we had a Murphy now. He was in his coaching, as he was on the field, not interested in endless excuses for underperforming IMO.

I believe myself it is a mistake to compare where we are now with where the club were in the dark days, everything is on a different level, we should be comparing ourselves against the teams around us. We may well have won more games than any other team , as someone has said, but apart from the Hubcap who everyone regards as a second prize ( although myself I don't ) we have won nothing. We have celebrated getting to the CC final twice as though we had won team of the century, we lost both.

I just feel that while we are celebrating winning nothing, our players are going backwards , and Mr Davy's money is being squandered, I feel we are missing our big chance, The so called Big clubs do not hesitate to change things that are not right , or not working, we aspire to be one of these clubs. A change now could not make anything worse, but we have to have another T Smith or N Brown ( without the wobbles ) D Clark has done an excellent job since he started coaching, There will be more out there, especially in OZ, That's where I would be looking. Just MO
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain42
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 03 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Anderson to collect his P 45 ? poll : Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:36 am  
Jo Jumbuck wrote:
I agree with a lot of that post, I wish we had a Murphy now. He was in his coaching, as he was on the field, not interested in endless excuses for underperforming IMO.

I believe myself it is a mistake to compare where we are now with where the club were in the dark days, everything is on a different level, we should be comparing ourselves against the teams around us. We may well have won more games than any other team , as someone has said, but apart from the Hubcap who everyone regards as a second prize ( although myself I don't ) we have won nothing. We have celebrated getting to the CC final twice as though we had won team of the century, we lost both.

I just feel that while we are celebrating winning nothing, our players are going backwards , and Mr Davy's money is being squandered, I feel we are missing our big chance, The so called Big clubs do not hesitate to change things that are not right , or not working, we aspire to be one of these clubs. A change now could not make anything worse, but we have to have another T Smith or N Brown ( without the wobbles ) D Clark has done an excellent job since he started coaching, There will be more out there, especially in OZ, That's where I would be looking. Just MO

Absolutely true, we have often complained that commentators and fans of other clubs have not treated us with the respect we deserve due to our league placings and squad strength, when the truth is that we as supporters have been just as guilty. Even now we want to give Anderson more time 'because he won something' when the truth is that we have missed the opportunity of having a squad at least as good as the 'top teams' over the last few years, and have underperformed with it in terms of actually winning things. Because we aren't used to winning things we have been happy to celebrate the crumbs we have got such as the hubcap and good ratios of wins (in the regular season) against the top clubs when the reality is we should have at least one meaningful trophy to show for it. Is there another club who has positioned in the top four as we have over the last five years that has neither a superleague trophy or challenge cup to show for it?

I also agree that it also appears to only really be the Antipodean coaches who can transform a club into winners. Although there are many successful British coaches who have won things here, the transformational changes have only been brought about with aussie coaches. Brian Smith did it for Bradford, Tony Smith did it for Leeds and Warrington. Maybe this is because it is actually possible for a club in the NRL to come from nowhere and start winning things (South Sydney and the cowboys being obvious examples) whereas in this country we are conditioned to subconsciously accept that only the clubs who have a history of winning things can do so. We need a new coach, but we need the right coach, i hope the moves to find him is occuring as we speak.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 09 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Feb 18 19:474th Feb 18 16:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Anderson to collect his P 45 ? poll : Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:34 am  
Cas and Widnes have won nothing under their respective coaches but I doubt you would find one of their fans demanding they're sacked cos 'they haven't won anything'.
How long did it take Leeds to finally break the nearly men run ?? It didn't happen overnight it took years ...they built the club up till it was ready ...that is what we're trying to do.
Even Wigan had to taste relegation before they became the all conquering team everyone hated.
Maybe we shouldn't base our club models on them but like Bradford's ....spend money we don't have to win things then watch the club implode when it catches up with you !!.
We can't just sack every coach who doesn't win everything !!

Winning the LLS was a massive achievement for this club, we needed more fans more money to move on to the next level ..it hasn't happened yet and everyone is to blame not just 1 man !!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain42
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 03 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Anderson to collect his P 45 ? poll : Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:42 am  
Again, why are we comparing ourselves with Cas and Widnes? We are a top four club based on our finishes from the last five seasons, they are not. The question was which of the other top four clubs have not won a challenge cup or superleague trophy. Winning the LLS was not a massive achievement for a team who has placed as we have at the end of the regular season as we have over the last five years, you are basing that assertion on our past record and not the strength of our squad over the last five years. The fact is that we have continually been unable to perform in high pressure situations which has led to our demise in every play off series we have entered and Anderson has had 3 good goes at improving this situation and has been unable to do so. Now we have the same pressure situation occuring at the other end of the league and we have the same result.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200916 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jun 20 08:496th Sep 19 16:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Re: Anderson to collect his P 45 ? poll : Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:39 pm  
Durham Giant wrote:
Ken has also openly said that he waited too long to get rid of Brown and that was a mistake HTH

yeh but that was a mess all round as brown had signed to coach st helens so his position was unteniable
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1624
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 20159 years333rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Sep 24 14:5615th Sep 24 18:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Anderson to collect his P 45 ? poll : Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:35 pm  
GIANT DAZ wrote:
Cas and Widnes have won nothing under their respective coaches but I doubt you would find one of their fans demanding they're sacked cos 'they haven't won anything'.
How long did it take Leeds to finally break the nearly men run ?? It didn't happen overnight it took years ...they built the club up till it was ready ...that is what we're trying to do.
Even Wigan had to taste relegation before they became the all conquering team everyone hated.
Maybe we shouldn't base our club models on them but like Bradford's ....spend money we don't have to win things then watch the club implode when it catches up with you !!.
We can't just sack every coach who doesn't win everything !!

Winning the LLS was a massive achievement for this club, we needed more fans more money to move on to the next level ..it hasn't happened yet and everyone is to blame not just 1 man !!

What do you think might be a way to get more fans coming then Daz, bearing in mind the numbers have fallen quite a lot during Mr Andersons tenure, That by the way is not a moan or a criticism just a fact. and this is despite winning the Hubcap.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years240th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Re: Anderson to collect his P 45 ? poll : Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:41 pm  
I have to say I find the parallels between the "loyal" fans on here with god squadders amazing.

" ye of little faith, you need to repent your sins and your disloyalty. You need to throw away your material hopes of success.
We have to believe and trust in our Lord Anderson, he will lead us to the promised land. But to reach the promised land you have to accept the hardship of the journey. You must pay your dues and then you too will reach heaven.

The unbelievers, the doubters those that deny the one true leader ( insert Anderson or Thewlis as you wish), should be cast away.

Only those who truly believe and trust in the word of anderson can be regarded as the righteous( or Loyal) ones".

This is the word of the Lord ( insert Daz, jools meast etc)

Amen
PreviousNext