31st Aug 23 21:1325th May 21 13:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[img]//www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/giantscorpio.gif[/img]

Re: Season Tickets 2020 : Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:27 pm  
Jo Jumbuck wrote:
I am first and foremost a fan of League and have been for well over 60 years, The last 30 of those i have been a supporter of Fartown and then the Giants. If i never went to another game i don't feel i owe the Giants or any other club anything and i surely don't have anything to prove.

The reason i am waiting to see what changes with the club is because i am not prepared to keep buying a season pass for a team that never progresses, I don't know why nothing changes, for all i know everybody may be doing their job to the best they can, but something needs to change down there because something is not working and it has not for a long time.
So for me this season is the straw that broke the Camel's back, If i don't like the look of things i won't buy a ST, I'll pick the games i go too and I'll watch the games on Sky. I totally understand your reasoning but it just won't work for me anymore, I have seen too many false dawns but who knows maybe we will get some changes that will finally make a difference, I hope so cause i want them to be successful as much as anyone else, I just have this horrible feeling that nothing of any note is going to change, Iv'e already had my letter inviting me to renew my ticket, but i'll be waiting to see what happens.

If everyone was like you, there would be no season ticket sales, therefore the club would not be able to invest in new players. But we have good young players coming through also who are worth watching. Winning at all costs is not the be-all and end-all of watching sport. You my friend can not be called a supporter of the Giants if you are picking and choosing games to watch, a supporter supports through thick and thin not just when the going`s good.
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years183rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Season Tickets 2020 : Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:28 pm  
golcargiant65 wrote:
well i suppose i will renew my season ticket but would get more enjoyment throwing the money in the river than what the giants have given me in the last few years or so

You’re weird!
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2570
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 11 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Season Tickets 2020 : Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:33 pm  
HuddsRL5 wrote:
You've achieved excellent value for money to enjoy all those luxuries with your annual £150 saving

Spot on.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 11 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Season Tickets 2020 : Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:25 pm  
fartown since 1961 wrote:
I have only one slight negative with this.

Whilst I will pay the £149.00 this season, I will be 64, it seems a bit obtuse that from 16 years old I and many more older than me have paid either full price at the gate or in most seasons bought a full price season ticket whatever the price and it has fluctuated.

My argument would be that the 65 (not me this season) and overs should also get the £80.00 ticket as the current generation have no more and in most cases a lot less disposable money than people in their mid to late twenties and between thirty and sixty five.

I think the offer is very fair for the majority but for the over 65’s if the aim is to get numbers in the ground the club has missed a trick as many older fans come as a couple and there’s a big difference between £160.00 for two people and £298.00 when in a lot of cases pensions are the only income.

Seems daft but we could lose as many as we gain and surely we should reward those who have been coming for many years and supporting the team?

Well me and the wife go and we are highly delighted with the price of the tickets and we are both 75 years old, our prices are way lower than all the other clubs, and appreciate the prices Ken has produced. I know we get no age concessions but it is acceptable with these prices. I would say that over 20s are well capable of paying our prices though as income from working is far greater than the pension. It`s an absolute give-away for 20 - 30s.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Re: Season Tickets 2020 : Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:43 pm  
SpainesRoadFartown wrote:
Durham i think you need to change your nam to Durham Was a Giant or Durham ex-giants as you are clearly no longer a supporter of them

Maybe you should change your name to Thewlis cheerleader.

What I find really interesting about the likes of spaines jools and Scorpio is that despite alll the value points made by posters about how bad the club is run or criticising the organisation or the poor recruitment all they come back with is that We are proper fans you are not a fan because you are not as loyal as us.

All said in a slightly superior tone.

You are not supporters or fans you are just cheerleaders who blindly accept the crap that you are served up and then blame other supporters for not being as loyal as you.

The question you need to ask is why is the club doing so badly ? why are fans leaving in droves ? and why do you celebrate when others are critical of the club and move away from the club.?
RankPostsTeam
International Star4091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 29 201410 years255th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Dec 22 07:4723rd Nov 22 08:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Season Tickets 2020 : Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:46 pm  
£80 for a season ticket yet you charge away fans £26 for a single game, disgraceful.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 11 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Season Tickets 2020 : Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:31 pm  
Durham Giant wrote:

What I find really interesting about the likes of spaines jools and Scorpio is that despite alll the value points made by posters about how bad the club is run or criticising the organisation or the poor recruitment all they come back with is that We are proper fans you are not a fan because you are not as loyal as us.

You are not supporters or fans you are just cheerleaders who blindly accept the crap that you are served up and then blame other supporters for not being as loyal as you.

The question you need to ask is why is the club doing so badly ? why are fans leaving in droves ? and why do you celebrate when others are critical of the club and move away from the club.?

It`s the must win at all costs mentality that matters for crowds nowadays, and you say we accept the crap served up. Well it was an edge of the seat finish to the season for 5 clubs, and our crap kept us up as we bet Wigan,Cas,Catalan Salford and Hull twice, and 3 of those teams are in the play-offs, so that is not just cheerleading as you say but genuine club support, when the team are busting a gut to do their best, also hampered by injuries for the last 3 seasons at the start of the season hasn`t helped.
And you say crowds leaving in droves, this is not true and we are holding steady. For the last game against Catalan who brought no fans we had 5200 or there abouts. On the other hand Wigan play-off game only got 5400 give or take a few, that is a second in the league team, so all clubs are suffering from dwindling crowds, but we`re not doing too badly overall. It is costing Ken Davey enough without bankrupting the club bringing in marquee players. The club bring in what they can afford and have to rely on academy lads coming through.
And I think you can call me a genuine supporter as I have followed them for 55 of my 75 years, and we didn`t have cheerleaders at that time.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 11 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Season Tickets 2020 : Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:34 pm  
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
£80 for a season ticket yet you charge away fans £26 for a single game, disgraceful.

If you fit the age group then, don`t moan about it buy 1. And what do Leeds charge ??????.
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years183rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Season Tickets 2020 : Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:29 pm  
Durham Giant wrote:

:lol: :lol: so This season I’ve been accused of blindly following the club and not being loyal as I’m critical of the club- so I’m not really sure what the reality is- I’d say probably In Between, in that I criticise or praise where I see it’s due.

You are making things up Durham- I have never ever said anything about me being more loyal etc etc. I challenge you to show evidence of your accusations.
What I find really interesting is that it seems to me you get a joy out of being grumpy.
In answer to your questions;
There is more than one reason, I don’t have time to discuss the last three years all over again. In case you hadn’t noticed they are all across the fake and the giants are not unique in this- it’s a general trend even in clubs who win.
I don’t- again I challenge you to provide evidence of me celebrating.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Re: Season Tickets 2020 : Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:25 pm  
jools wrote:
:lol: :lol: so This season I’ve been accused of blindly following the club and not being loyal as I’m critical of the club- so I’m not really sure what the reality is- I’d say probably In Between, in that I criticise or praise where I see it’s due.

You are making things up Durham- I have never ever said anything about me being more loyal etc etc. I challenge you to show evidence of your accusations.
What I find really interesting is that it seems to me you get a joy out of being grumpy.
In answer to your questions;
There is more than one reason, I don’t have time to discuss the last three years all over again. In case you hadn’t noticed they are all across the fake and the giants are not unique in this- it’s a general trend even in clubs who win.
I don’t- again I challenge you to provide evidence of me celebrating.

Your post on this thread Monday 11.35 would be a good example waving goodbye :STUPID:
PreviousNext