JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years272nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Apr 24 06:5028th Mar 24 11:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid.
Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal.
Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.

: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:07 am  
Catalancs wrote:
You'll have to fight Russell Crowe for him ;)

Sorry, but having heard him interviewed both this week and after the game Morley seems very happy at Wire and looking forward to big things in the future.
Can see him finishing his 'proper' career there before moving on to Salford for one last sentimental season.

Bring on Russell he's only a film star just don't let him hit me with a phone, I doubt Burgess will go to Souths even though he will be starstruck and over the moon Russell Crowe has asked him but were Souths are from (Redfern?) is a poop hole but compare that to Manly which is really up market and has lovely beaches I know which one I would pick.

I doubt we would get Morley now but if Wire had lost then maybe because they would be firmly labelled as underachievers and incapable of winning anything and then maybe Morley would see the light but I doubt that now but if we offered him an extra year on his contract than Wire he may come to us as this is his last contract and he will be after a long contract.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1541No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 14 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Jul 11 20:5825th Jul 11 19:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:30 am  
post wrote:
Bring on Russell he's only a film star just don't let him hit me with a phone, I doubt Burgess will go to Souths even though he will be starstruck and over the moon Russell Crowe has asked him but were Souths are from (Redfern?) is a poop hole but compare that to Manly which is really up market and has lovely beaches I know which one I would pick.

I doubt we would get Morley now but if Wire had lost then maybe because they would be firmly labelled as underachievers and incapable of winning anything and then maybe Morley would see the light but I doubt that now but if we offered him an extra year on his contract than Wire he may come to us as this is his last contract and he will be after a long contract.

There's nothing to suggest that Wire won't give Morley another 2 years. Which he could manage comfortably IMO. I do agree though, he hasn't signed his extension for next year yet has he? So it would definitely be worth offering him a 2 year deal.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32314
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 17 200222 years162nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 19:3221st May 24 11:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row

: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:06 pm  
I'm sure Morley said on boots n all that he was contracted to Wire until 2011.
changa 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1733No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 29 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Sep 09 20:411st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
go you blues cockroaches. blues babes 8) cmon aussie cmon cmon. cmon aussie cmon. cmon aussie. cmon aussie. cmon aussie. aussie aussie aussie ouh ouh ouh :ROCKS: 15 grand final wins. 14 grand final loses. 15[16now] minor premiers. no other club compare's. SUPER SOWARD 8) . ''Dico wrote:'' I thought with the 8 point try you only took one kick and were given the other 2 points? havent seen one for donkeys years. LOL. //forums.rleague.com/index.php

: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:46 pm  
post wrote:
you never commuted before :roll: its not like he is going to live in the koori block :shock: :lol: redfern is only 5 minutes by car to the opera house-sydney harbour :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach18736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 28 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Nov 13 19:401st Jan 13 01:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
:CROWN: RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012 :CROWN:

The Christie - please donate

Greatest headline ever?

: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:41 pm  
changa wrote:
you never commuted before :roll: its not like he is going to live in the koori block :shock: :lol: redfern is only 5 minutes by car to the opera house-sydney harbour :lol:

Can't see him staying in the opera house though.
Odem 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 29 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Mar 20 12:1526th Feb 20 18:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS

: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:43 pm  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I'm sure Morley said on boots n all that he was contracted to Wire until 2011.

I would not admit to watching that programe on here, I expect better from you :wink:
AJ 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12903No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 17 200222 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Aug 21 20:3731st Aug 21 20:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:05 pm  
A better thread would perhaps be - Players IL hasnt signed for 2010.
cadoo 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13933
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 23 200617 years273rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 24 18:533rd Apr 24 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing.

: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:27 pm  
Okay so we can't bring in a prop forward at the moment for whatever reason.

But one important change we can make which will have a more significant difference on the side than any signing and probably something we should focus more on in these threads is a change of coach.

Brian Noble has done his duty for me. He saved us from relegation and has took us back up to the top end of the table. But we haven't seen any consistency during the season. We only seem to turn up for half the season and bottle it in the semi-finals. I don see us going any further. So thanks for what you have done here Brian but it's best for both parties to move on.

Just look at what a change of coach has had on the Huddersfield Giants. Look at that Wembley Giants team on paper and compare it to ours. On paper we have the better team but the difference is Nathan Brown is getting the most out of players such as Eorl Crabtree, Keith Mason (imagine what a change of coach could do for Fielden), He's brought out the best from Kevin Brown and Luke Robinson. Huddersfield now do the basics so effectively. He's not afraid to give the young lads a chance. Look at the Saints game for example. I know people will say yeah but you have to take their situation into account. Okay so do you think Brian Noble in the same situation would have put out a team full of youngsters? No.

So Michael McGuire is the latest linked with us. Brilliant people keep giving him good raps. We don't have to have the best team in the competition to win, we have to have the best coached team in the league. Look at last years World Cup. Were New Zealand the best team? Hell no the Aussies were. But were they the best coached team? Yes.

So although we can't bring in any new players or we might not be bringing in any new players it is a disappointment but we can bring in a new coach will have a bigger impact than any player ever will.

Imagine a coach who could get more from Mark Riddell? Amos Roberts? Stuart Fielden? Martin Gleeson etc. Imagine if all these players were playing at their best of their abilitys. We would be a fantastic side.

Who do you think would get more from Mark Riddell - Nathan Brown or Brian Noble?

So although we might be disappointed we can bring in a new coach who could have a bigger impact than any signing we could possibly make.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8108No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years267th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 24 22:4818th May 24 15:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

rl : Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:36 pm  
We may not be bringing any players in for 2010 because the club's finances are a mess. We need to face the reality that the club simply can't afford anyone unless IL pays for them out of his own pocket.
And why should he?
Wigan should be a stand alone financially viable company. At the moment it appears it is further away from that than the squad is from winning a trophy.
It may be the case we have to go in 2010 with what we've got and look to 2011 for signings when money is freed up from contracts and the club's finances are in better shape.
We now have a stable squad with numbers 1-7 sorted unlike the start of this season. The pack has quality and experience and will need to play far better next year. With so many forwards being out of contract end of 2010 we could well see a very improved pack from this year as they will all be playing for new deals.
We also have a good squad for the end of 2009 and the new play offs could help us.
For most of us, especially like me who think we need another prop, we may well have to hold our nerve and see it out!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5463No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 05 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Jan 16 11:524th Oct 14 11:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
Signature
Wigan vs Leeds finals aggregate score.

Wigan 178 - 64 Leeds

Wigan wins - 6 Leeds wins - 0

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubblegum.

Don't you struggle. Don't you fight. Don't you worry, cause it's your turn tonight!

Esse quam videri.

Re: rl : Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:50 pm  
Father Ted wrote:
We may not be bringing any players in for 2010 because the club's finances are a mess. We need to face the reality that the club simply can't afford anyone unless IL pays for them out of his own pocket.
And why should he?
Wigan should be a stand alone financially viable company. At the moment it appears it is further away from that than the squad is from winning a trophy.
It may be the case we have to go in 2010 with what we've got and look to 2011 for signings when money is freed up from contracts and the club's finances are in better shape.
We now have a stable squad with numbers 1-7 sorted unlike the start of this season. The pack has quality and experience and will need to play far better next year. With so many forwards being out of contract end of 2010 we could well see a very improved pack from this year as they will all be playing for new deals.
We also have a good squad for the end of 2009 and the new play offs could help us.
For most of us, especially like me who think we need another prop, we may well have to hold our nerve and see it out!

Who in the competition is making a profit? To my knowledge no one, plus I would bet Lenegan knew when he took over that some of his own money would have to be put into the club.
Saints the most successful club in superleague are in somewhat of a mess financially yet McManus has used his own money to fund the club to great success. It's not a question of Lenegan being tight or the club having no profit to spend, It's simply down to the fact we have no room on the salary cap as to the explanation for no signings in 2011.
PreviousNext