(Website)
Post a reply

Re: Rumours and signings v9

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:20 pm

I’m glad we didn’t sign him. Few come back from ACL to be as good as before. Move on

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:27 pm

post wrote:I’d be wary of Watkins, his age and coming off an ACL injury and Leeds playing him in the second row, he’s on the down, 5 years ago I’d have paid that.

Agreed.

Would have been crazy to throw that much cash at him.

I know it may not be accurate regarding the level of offer but if true it does concern me that we were looking to go to that level for him.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:46 pm

jonh wrote:Agreed.

Would have been crazy to throw that much cash at him.

I know it may not be accurate regarding the level of offer but if true it does concern me that we were looking to go to that level for him.

It goes to show we must be willing to spend then which is a good sign. For 230k you could get Curtis Scott from Melbourne, young, right sided, good defensively but not out of our reach salary wise.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:51 pm

We need to be looking for props and halfbacks before moving on to any other positions.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:17 pm

As they were saying this morning Melbourne have (for example) three talented young full-backs, all well up to NRL standard already. Bet they've got a few good young forwards too.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:38 pm

moto748 wrote:As they were saying this morning Melbourne have (for example) three talented young full-backs, all well up to NRL standard already. Bet they've got a few good young forwards too.

They're also watching one of ours very closely.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:46 pm

Rogues Gallery wrote:They're also watching one of ours very closely.

Smithies or Havard I guess?

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Rogues Gallery wrote:They're also watching one of ours very closely.

Is it just Wigan that puts everyone in the shop window or does a players contract include a free for sale/rent advert in the Sydney Herald?

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:18 pm

hatty wrote:Is it just Wigan that puts everyone in the shop window or does a players contract include a free for sale/rent advert in the Sydney Herald?

How are they putting them in the shop window and how do you stop other teams looking at your players?

If you were a top NRL, or even RU scout, would you not be keeping an eye on the players in the Wigan academy?

It's the price we pay for the success we've had.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:40 pm

If we were genuinely in for Watkins and we offered that kind of money, it suggests to me that perhaps the writing is on the wall for Gildart. I really hope not.
It also adds weight to the Brenko Lee rumours who may well leave Gold Coast on the back of them signing Watkins.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/