(Website)
Post a reply

Re: Rumours and signings v9

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:38 pm

Itchy Arsenal wrote:Maybe part of the deal to secure Hastings and Lam senior?
I'd like to see Smith given a chance next year via rotating TL and Powell at 9 but honestly can't see that happening

I've not seen enough of Smith to comment. It just worries me when people put too much faith in a young lad who's not yet played a first team game. Hopefully he'll be drafted in slowly and given time to develop, I feel coming in as a 7 is one of the hardest positions to ease into.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:39 pm

JWarriors wrote:I haven’t watched French play since his debut season, but I’m informed by my friend who moved to Australia a couple of years ago that he is basically the Aussie Escare.

With respect to your friend, that's a ludicrous comparison. French is on another level to Escare.

I hope this isn't the case but I wonder whether French is being considered for a right wing position. Both Manfredi and Davies suffered terrible injuries and who knows how their recoveries are going.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:41 pm

Last Son of Wigan wrote:I've not seen enough of Smith to comment. It just worries me when people put too much faith in a young lad who's not yet played a first team game. Hopefully he'll be drafted in slowly and given time to develop, I feel coming in as a 7 is one of the hardest positions to ease into.

Seems to be working out well at Swinton for Smith, Wells and Kibula. Lots of positive feedback from fans/coaches and big contributions to a winning team. Kibula MOM for the 2nd week in a row today.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:43 pm

Itchy Arsenal wrote:I think that TL is better at 9 than 7 but cannot see Lam displacing Powell so I'd be surprised if we got a new however, I'm with you in that we do need improvement at 7 and 2 more props

Powell has been one of the big good news stories this season. Although not a world class superstar he has surprised a lot of people now he has found out which way is forward.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:43 pm

MadDogg wrote:Seems to be working out well at Swinton for Smith, Wells and Kibula. Lots of positive feedback from fans/coaches and big contributions to a winning team. Kibula MOM for the 2nd week in a row today.

Hopefully they can kick on. I don't realistically how much that means. Still better than have them struggle at that level.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:08 pm

If we have signed French and to play 7 then why have TL doing another year who is ooc? Sammut can play reserves and step up when required.
I do think lads like Wells and Kibula can improve greatly playing for the reserves and again step up when required.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:21 pm

MadDogg wrote:Seems to be working out well at Swinton for Smith, Wells and Kibula. Lots of positive feedback from fans/coaches and big contributions to a winning team. Kibula MOM for the 2nd week in a row today.

And there's a world of difference between the 2 comps is there not?

Kibula needed time away to sort himself out as for Smith he too needs time away from the pressure already being heaped on him at places like this

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:12 pm

MadDogg wrote:With respect to your friend, that's a ludicrous comparison. French is on another level to Escare.

I hope this isn't the case but I wonder whether French is being considered for a right wing position. Both Manfredi and Davies suffered terrible injuries and who knows how their recoveries are going.

I thought it was an over exaggeration, but it does worry me that he can’t even get into the Eels side which, until this year, were wooden spooners (or close) season after season.

Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:44 pm

JWarriors wrote:I thought it was an over exaggeration, but it does worry me that he can’t even get into the Eels side which, until this year, were wooden spooners (or close) season after season.

They reached the play offs last season after a poor start. hardly wooden spoonists. He is only 22 and only made his debut in 2016. Since then he has played 37 games and scored 31 tries which in the NRL is, I think, a tremendous return. Having said all that it would surprise me if he came to Superleague.

Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:22 pm

Singing Warrior wrote:They reached the play offs last season after a poor start. hardly wooden spoonists. He is only 22 and only made his debut in 2016. Since then he has played 37 games and scored 31 tries which in the NRL is, I think, a tremendous return. Having said all that it would surprise me if he came to Superleague.

Parra finished bottom last season, it was the year before they were in the finals, and he isn’t being picked because how well Gutherson and the outside backs are playing
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/