(Website)
Post a reply

Re: Injury news

Wed May 22, 2019 12:31 pm

post wrote:far too many happy clappers on here at the moment with their heads buried up their backsides.

I don't dispute that

Wed May 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Egg Chasing wrote:I don't dispute that

Sorry, I didn’t hear that, you were a little muffled. :wink:

Wed May 22, 2019 1:20 pm

post wrote:Computer? It’s not 2002.

It’s beside the point, the table doesn’t lie but there’s far too many happy clappers on here at the moment with their heads buried up their backsides.

What's that? people with a different opinion?

That would make a change from the last 4/5 years
I post 10% of what I used to do (And feel better for it) due to the unbelievable Negativity over the Years Whilst we "Were Winning".

FWIW - Lam wouldn't be my first choice, he's been dealt a bit of a Bad Hand but he's not made a great fist of it.
I have many opinions on individual issues that have happened and previously over the past 10 years whilst 90% would be positive & 10% Negative the last 12 months or so I would say it's been 70/30 the other way.
There may be many reasons for that - But a One Size fits all lets pick 1 Player/Coach or chairman and not be happy till they've gone only to find things don't improve so we pick on the next person we want to blame approach to things doesn't work.

Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Good news for Ben Flower. No damaged vertebrae but ligament damage in his back. He’ll be out for 4-6 weeks.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:48 am

It’s even better news for TT I suspect. Not that Flower’s 7 carries for 50 yds per game has been that good anyway.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:34 am

jinkin jimmy wrote:It’s even better news for TT I suspect. Not that Flower’s 7 carries for 50 yds per game has been that good anyway.

I think you do Flower a disservice. None of our props end up making a huge number of carries because they are all spelled pretty much equally. And while Flower doesn't carry as strong as Bullock he gets quick play the ball and has good technique going into contact (although the strapping on his knee slowed him down noticeably). His defence is exceptional and his technique in the tackle generally prevents dangerous players from getting on top and that's what we'll need to replace. Our defence is often noticeably stronger when Flower is on the field, particularly around the ruck.

Also, Tautai shouldn't be in the side given he's the latest on our growing list of drink drivers.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 am

Cherry.Pie wrote:I think you do Flower a disservice. None of our props end up making a huge number of carries because they are all spelled pretty much equally. And while Flower doesn't carry as strong as Bullock he gets quick play the ball and has good technique going into contact (although the strapping on his knee slowed him down noticeably). His defence is exceptional and his technique in the tackle generally prevents dangerous players from getting on top and that's what we'll need to replace. Our defence is often noticeably stronger when Flower is on the field, particularly around the ruck.

Also, Tautai shouldn't be in the side given he's the latest on our growing list of drink drivers.

Flower is mediocre which makes him the best prop we have. The TT comment was prior to the news released today.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:36 am

jinkin jimmy wrote:It’s even better news for TT I suspect. Not that Flower’s 7 carries for 50 yds per game has been that good anyway.

he must have had a drink to celebrate....

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:03 am

Pieman wrote:he must have had a drink to celebrate....

He must have been sipping his drinks through a Homer Simpson style beer can bat because there’s no way he could have kept hold of a pint pot without dropping it.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:01 pm

I would imagine Wigan would have made enquiries about bringing Mitch Clark in now.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/