(Website)
Post a reply

Re: Team for HKR

Fri May 31, 2019 9:49 am

Tricky Dicky wrote:The lad couldnt breath. He had to go to hospital. It was one hell of a hit / knock to the ribs.

Get some wintergreen rubbed onto them and he'll be reet

Fri May 31, 2019 10:29 am

Tricky Dicky wrote:The lad couldnt breath. He had to go to hospital. It was one hell of a hit / knock to the ribs.

They have to act on the player, if he’s meaning and crying they will think it’s bad, obviously not too bad if he’s fit already. He could breathe as he walked off ok. How many games has he played this year and finished?

Fri May 31, 2019 12:58 pm

Pemps wrote:Two of his last knocks have been concussion and suspected broken ribs. Not really things you can grit your teeth to get through.

Concussion no problems and it wasn’t what I was referring to. He got a bang to his knee at the Nou Camp and I honestly thought he’d done his ACL or Broken his leg. To say I was surprised he turned out the following week would be an understatement given his reaction.

He’s a cracking player and adds so much to us but do I think he’s a touch soft in comparison to say Bateman or Farrell then yes I do. Clearly no player who takes the field is soft but he doesn’t seem to have the ability to play through the pain barrier. I always felt the same when he was at Saints.

Fri May 31, 2019 1:00 pm

Pieman wrote:They have to act on the player, if he’s meaning and crying they will think it’s bad, obviously not too bad if he’s fit already. He could breathe as he walked off ok. How many games has he played this year and finished?

Do share with us your extensive medical knowledge and experience. I’m sure it extends well beyond that of Professor Brooks!

Fri May 31, 2019 1:32 pm

NickyKiss wrote:Concussion no problems and it wasn’t what I was referring to. He got a bang to his knee at the Nou Camp and I honestly thought he’d done his ACL or Broken his leg. To say I was surprised he turned out the following week would be an understatement given his reaction.

He’s a cracking player and adds so much to us but do I think he’s a touch soft in comparison to say Bateman or Farrell then yes I do. Clearly no player who takes the field is soft but he doesn’t seem to have the ability to play through the pain barrier. I always felt the same when he was at Saints.

This is something a few of my Saints supporting mates have said about him.

Fri May 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Pieman wrote:ribs are, as they werent broke hes just taken a knock
That's ok then mustn't have hurt .....!!! :roll:

Fri May 31, 2019 2:35 pm

Bigredwarrior wrote:Do share with us your extensive medical knowledge and experience. I’m sure it extends well beyond that of Professor Brooks!

ok go on then.....where did I say I knew more?

Fri May 31, 2019 2:37 pm

JIMMY MAGNETS wrote:That's ok then mustn't have hurt .....!!! :roll:

never said it wouldnt hurt, if a player went off everytime they are hurt there would be no team. Take Graham for instance playing the rest of the game with a broken leg the other day. He seems to get hurt and cry off as hes always fit next match

Fri May 31, 2019 2:46 pm

Pieman wrote:ok go on then.....where did I say I knew more?

You’re clearly questioning the judgment of our medical staff.

Fri May 31, 2019 3:42 pm

Bigredwarrior wrote:You’re clearly questioning the judgment of our medical staff.

Could be wrong but I thought he was questioning Greenwood's heart for the battle.
A few of us in Barcelona were asking the same question.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/