(Website)
Post a reply

Re: Team for HKR

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:50 pm

I’m sorry but it’s time for Lam to go. I don’t see what he’s actually brought to this team other than making us worse in every way.

Re: Team for HKR

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:09 pm

NickyKiss wrote:Sarginson had a good game in both positions I thought and showed why I think we should keep him as a utility back.

You’re 100% on the lack of direction. There is nobody talking, pointing the way or trying to take control. It’s totally individual stuff and we don’t look like we’re being coached at all. I said I’d give Lammy until 15-20 games in before passing judgement and all I can say is it doesn’t look pretty. We’re going backwards and there are no signs of things clicking. The best sides have an identity and a way of playing but I don’t have the first clue what we’re trying to achieve. It’s not structured play, it’s not an offloading game plan, there’s no support runners, no set moves and so on.


Whenever Lam refers to the 'new style' I cringe. If he had to summarise the new style in words, what would he say?

If I had to guess I'd say he's thrown out all of our attacking plays under the previous regime (limited as they were) and asked the players to play what they see in a misguided attempt to introduce some flair. He's probably also asked us to spread the ball wide more when possible to try and go round teams but that only works when you're up against a very poor sliding defence (e.g. Catalans at home). We also dont have many opportunities to do that as our forwards are dominated so often. What we really needed were some new attacking structures to cut teams open, instead the players are having to make it up as they go.

Re: Team for HKR

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:25 pm

MadDogg wrote:Whenever Lam refers to the 'new style' I cringe. If he had to summarise the new style in words, what would he say?



It must be the style he’s seeing in training. As a bloke said to me in a Salou bar post the Nou Camp shambles ‘It sounds like we’re that good in training I want a season ticket for it’ and we’ll forget about the matches.

There’s no doubt he’s been dealt a tough hand in some ways and as much as we’ve not been too badly hit with the severity of our injuries (bar the two wingers), we’ve had a lot of niggles and in match disruption. In the main though the pivots like Hardaker, Williams, Leuluai, Lockers etc have been in and around the team and there’s no signs at all of us developing a new way of playing. He wasn’t given any top class recruits to base a new style around like new coaches usually get at clubs but still we should now be seeing something we can say ‘that’s Lams influence’ that’s brought that change about.

Re: Team for HKR

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:28 pm

NickyKiss wrote:If it sounded bad on the radio it was worse live. We look like a total rabble and if we do indeed train fantastically well in the week, we certainly aren’t taking it in to games. I’m not going to bag Tautai’s horror show too much. He’s a very small part of a much much bigger problem.

Hardaker seemed to tweak something chasing back on the Kleinhorst intercept try. He played in till half time but didn’t take the goal kicks. He may miss a couple of weeks but not a long term one I’d have thought.

A win is a win but we did sound awful at times.
I listened to the game on radio Manchester so it's difficult to detect how good or bad we really were due to local bias.
Hopefully Greenwood back for Leeds and maybe Sammut.

Re: Team for HKR

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:37 pm

NickyKiss wrote:It must be the style he’s seeing in training. As a bloke said to me in a Salou bar post the Nou Camp shambles ‘It sounds like we’re that good in training I want a season ticket for it’ and we’ll forget about the matches.

There’s no doubt he’s been dealt a tough hand in some ways and as much as we’ve not been too badly hit with the severity of our injuries (bar the two wingers), we’ve had a lot of niggles and in match disruption. In the main though the pivots like Hardaker, Williams, Leuluai, Lockers etc have been in and around the team and there’s no signs at all of us developing a new way of playing. He wasn’t given any top class recruits to base a new style around like new coaches usually get at clubs but still we should now be seeing something we can say ‘that’s Lams influence’ that’s brought that change about.

He's probably not capable of bringing on players.
As I've said on previous threads not one player has improved any aspect of his game which is where I was hoping we may have got from Lam.

Re: Team for HKR

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Itchy Arsenal wrote:He's probably not capable of bringing on players.
As I've said on previous threads not one player has improved any aspect of his game which is where I was hoping we may have got from Lam.


The big one we hoped for was Williams and he’s probably playing as poorly as I’ve seen him play in his Wigan career at the minute. I’m trying to think of somebody who’s improved like you say and I’m struggling. Even Tautai has somehow managed to get worse and that’s an achievement in itself.

Re: Team for HKR

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Every team in the world looks slick doing unopposed in training, it’s doing to when it matters that counts.

Re: Team for HKR

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Itchy Arsenal wrote:A win is a win but we did sound awful at times.
I listened to the game on radio Manchester so it's difficult to detect how good or bad we really were due to local bias.
Hopefully Greenwood back for Leeds and maybe Sammut.


Sammut was dropped!

Re: Team for HKR

Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:30 pm

post wrote:Every team in the world looks slick doing unopposed in training, it’s doing to when it matters that counts.


Apart from us that is, I believe we lost 13-12 to a set of dustbins in midweek! Tim to give Flanagan a ring :)

Re: Team for HKR

Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:51 pm

Sweaty Betty's wrote:Apart from us that is, I believe we lost 13-12 to a set of dustbins in midweek! Tim to give Flanagan a ring :)


We were unlucky then.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/