(Website)
Post a reply

Re: Announcement

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Bigredwarrior wrote:Nobody has said Bullock is a perfect prop and of course he has areas to improve on. However, to say Dudson was better is miles off. Most of us are happy with Bullock’s progression from lower league to England call up in a short time. He’ll continue to improve, Dudson didn’t.

he said he was better than FPN

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Pieman wrote:he just hasnt. FPN hardly missed a game or a tackle. He surrendered easily as all our props do as the emphasis was a quick PTB which he got, not yards after contact. So in effect he played to the game plan perfectly. Bullock is lazy in defence and doesnt run his weight after the first run as hes knackered. People are saying how good he is but seriously I think hes been poor.

I’m glad you’ve said that because if I said it I would be accused of being a troll. Bullock isn’t that good. He’s rubbish in defense and has one good run a game then goes missing

Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:10 pm

Ruune Rebellion wrote:I’m glad you’ve said that because if I said it I would be accused of being a troll. Bullock isn’t that good. He’s rubbish in defense and has one good run a game then goes missing
get back to your own board :wink:

Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:45 pm

Ruune Rebellion wrote:I’m glad you’ve said that because if I said it I would be accused of being a troll. Bullock isn’t that good. He’s rubbish in defense and has one good run a game then goes missing

I wouldn’t say accused, I think it’s well proven.

Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:26 am

Grimmy wrote:Nu'uausala came with a big rep and had a few good games in the 2016 super 8s but other than that he was bloody awful. Never seen a prop forward surrender so regularly. I was made up when we managed to get him offloaded last year, as was pretty much everyone IIRC. Bullock doesn't have the same rep but has performed way better so far, presumably for a lot less cap space.

He also played in every single game in 2017, whilst other props were missing games left right and centre. Not saying he was a world beater in anyway in 2017 but i will he was clearly homesick but stuck it out and was crucified by sections of fans who at the same time sang BFUT’s name from the terraces after 2 off the ball tackles, 4 missed tackles and 2 carries. Bullock has performed better so far but i will remind you that the signing was ridiculed on here at the time.

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:22 am

I hope that we already have Bourouh and Roden tied down as they look like proper modern hookers.

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:26 am

Pieman wrote:he said he was better than FPN

Sorry yes, it was ‘Post’ who said Dudson > Bullock

Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:00 pm

Bigredwarrior wrote:Sorry yes, it was ‘Post’ who said Dudson > Bullock

Dudson weren’t a bad player, I’d have him now over Bullock. Not that Bullock is poor, he’s half decent. Think it was Dudson discipline on and off the field particularly with diet that was his down side.i heard Wane had to ban him from Kebab King in Wigan at one point.

Moral of the story is the 2013 squad was better in quality than his years, I think we are 2 stars short. We are definitely 1 short as we have a spare marquee spot.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:00 am

I would suggest that most teams squad was better in 2013 than it is today.

Go further back than that and the Wigan side of 2000 is better than most of our title winning sides and they won nothing.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:02 pm

Egg Chasing wrote:I would suggest that most teams squad was better in 2013 than it is today.

Go further back than that and the Wigan side of 2000 is better than most of our title winning sides and they won nothing.

It's an interesting point that's open for discussion. For what it's worth I think you're right.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/