(Website)
Post a reply

5 games to define the future

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:08 am

Arguably the next 5 games will not only shape our season but may also dictate who will be our coach beyond this season.

The next 7 days is possibly the most important week in Lammy's coaching career.

Hull KR Away

Leeds Away

Hudds Away

Salford Home

Hull KR Home

We simply have to win all 5.

Lose the next 2 and Wigan could be in the bottom 2 with Lam gone.

Re: 5 games to define the future

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:16 am

Tricky Dicky wrote:Arguably the next 5 games will not only shape our season but may also dictate who will be our coach beyond this season.

The next 7 days is possibly the most important week in Lammy's coaching career.

Hull KR Away

Leeds Away

Hudds Away

Salford Home

Hull KR Home

We simply have to win all 5.

Lose the next 2 and Wigan could be in the bottom 2 with Lam gone.

I think you can extend that to the next 8 games....I think you'll win 3 perhaps 4...
And I think London will win today...so you could find yourselves joint bottom much sooner.

Re: 5 games to define the future

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:33 am

rubber duckie wrote:I think you can extend that to the next 8 games....I think you'll win 3 perhaps 4...
And I think London will win today...so you could find yourselves joint bottom much sooner.

You'd get good odds on a London win today even with Saints playing a few fringe players. London seem to have a good work ethic but will need a bit more than that today.

Re: 5 games to define the future

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:36 am

Fancied us today but I've got a dreadful "new coach bounce" feeling in my stomach.
I hope the players really realise what a bad position they could be in by the end of the afternoon.

Re: 5 games to define the future

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:22 am

Tricky Dicky wrote:Arguably the next 5 games will not only shape our season but may also dictate who will be our coach beyond this season.

The next 7 days is possibly the most important week in Lammy's coaching career.

Hull KR Away

Leeds Away

Hudds Away

Salford Home

Hull KR Home

We simply have to win all 5.

Lose the next 2 and Wigan could be in the bottom 2 with Lam gone.


Spot on this although I think 4 from 5 will do, depending on performances. I said after Magic that I don’t think we’ll lose in June and I stand by that comment.

Re: 5 games to define the future

Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:19 pm

we will finish second bottom

Re: 5 games to define the future

Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:45 pm

With Tony Smith going to Hull KR, Leeds openly looking too, that’s going to leave us with fewer options once Lammy gets potted which will eventually happen, we are just putting of the inevitable. The only reason it’s not been done yet is we’d have to pay him up, which is disgraceful in my book.

Re: 5 games to define the future

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:24 pm

apollosghost wrote:Fancied us today but I've got a dreadful "new coach bounce" feeling in my stomach.
I hope the players really realise what a bad position they could be in by the end of the afternoon.


The evidence thus far is that they don't. Still time for that to change, however.

Re: 5 games to define the future

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:02 am

post wrote:The only reason it’s not been done yet is we’d have to pay him up, which is disgraceful in my book.


You know that for a fact do you?

Re: 5 games to define the future

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:57 am

Egg Chasing wrote:You know that for a fact do you?


If a club sacks a coach they still have to pay his contract up. With Lenagan trying to cut costs it’s an educated guess as to that being the reason.
Next
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/