(Website)
Post a reply

Re: 5 games to define the future

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:40 am

post wrote:If a club sacks a coach they still have to pay his contract up. With Lenagan trying to cut costs it’s an educated guess as to that being the reason.

If the club wants to get rid of him. Maybe they don't.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:49 am

post wrote:If a club sacks a coach they still have to pay his contract up. With Lenagan trying to cut costs it’s an educated guess as to that being the reason.

But if they then appointed John Winder as caretaker it would hardly be cost cutting would it?

Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:25 am

Rogues Gallery wrote:But if they then appointed John Winder as caretaker it would hardly be cost cutting would it?

I’d rather we did that until the end of the season than stick with Lam.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 am

post wrote:I’d rather we did that until the end of the season than stick with Lam.

John took training pretty much all week and our performance on Sunday was still off, I don't think an in-house coaching change is the way forward.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:56 am

RichieS wrote:John took training pretty much all week and our performance on Sunday was still off, I don't think an in-house coaching change is the way forward.

Somethings got to change.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:58 am

The old Lenagan would show ruthlessness here ala releasing Brian Noble.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:02 pm

MadDogg wrote:The old Lenagan would show ruthlessness here ala releasing Brian Noble.

Release but not sack.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:16 pm

MadDogg wrote:The old Lenagan would show ruthlessness here ala releasing Brian Noble.

That's just a complete rewrite of history.

Nobles contract was up and IL didn't renew it. Hardly ruthless As far as I'm aware he's never sacked a coach and he's been pretty loyal to players too. Flower, Bateman and ZH have all faced calls to be sacked under his watch.

I'll state it now - we aren't going to get relegated and won't even come close to it. London might have beaten Saints, but other teams won't make the mistake of resting players against them as they don't have the comfort zone that Saints do. Our team isn't great, but it's been than a lot of teams above us.

Lam should stay in charge until the end of the year and then someone fresh should come in with a full pre season. My choice would be to approach Flanagan now, get him signed up properly (not like Edwards) and then let him review and plan for 2020.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Rather than release anyone, if he was savvy he would bring in a "coach" to work alongside Lam for the rest of this year, appointing Justin Morgan would be a touch of genius.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:27 pm

sergeant pepper wrote:
As far as I'm aware he's never sacked a coach and he's been pretty loyal to players too. Flower, Bateman and ZH have all faced calls to be sacked under his watch.

Probably Joel Tomkins comes closest being 'transferred' to Hull KR.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/