FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tautai - Drink driving.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years259th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 19:2928th Mar 24 11:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid.
Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal.
Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.

Re: Tautai - Drink driving. : Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:11 pm  
Suzy Banyon wrote:
Dickfingers got arrested for drink driving in Australia in 2009. The idiot has form too.

That’s an unfair comparison, d1cks can catch STDs, TT couldn’t catch a cold.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16918
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200816 years71st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 03:4929th Mar 24 03:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Packs Win Games
Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class
#onceawirealwaysawire

Re: Tautai - Drink driving. : Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:40 pm  
I've said it many times...RL players are thick. Some thicker than others....but they're all thick.
Phuzzy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5160
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200617 years116th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 00:4726th Mar 24 18:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tautai - Drink driving. : Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:28 pm  
nottinghamtiger wrote:
“Our duty of care as employers is to help Zak address the fundamental problems that he has had for some time – issues that we believe could and should have been confronted already”.
If that’s not blaming his previous clubs, I don’t know what is.

It's not blaming his previous clubs, it's including them. You see the difference? No, of course you don't. As I said; Don't let it stop you...
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain332No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 13 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Jul 22 07:503rd Feb 20 06:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tautai - Drink driving. : Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 pm  
post wrote:
If you bought a stately home then yes, and that’s what a sports club is like owning. Looks great, good to brag about, you really enjoy it but it’ll cost you.

Any potential buyer will no doubt know full well that they will be putting their own money in, it’s like buying a Ferrari and saying that it’s costs a lot of money to run. People who buy Ferrari’s don’t worry about running costs, neither will people who buy sports clubs.

I think the analogy works well for football e.g. Man City, but I don’t believe it crosses over to rugby league. I don’t believe people pump money into rugby league clubs for status, they do it for passion. Lenagan is a Scholes lad and Wigan fan. If not, he’d have probably made a more prudent investment.

If someone with passion and a lot of money wants to buy Wigan, fantastic. The point I’ve made in a number of comments is that these people are very very rare. Everyone wants Lenagan gone but without an idea of who would buy us.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29166
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 20:4827th Mar 24 12:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tautai - Drink driving. : Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:11 pm  
I would like Lenagan to listen to offers ‘if’ there are good people, with the club at heart and the funds in place to drive us forward. If those people do not exist then I want something pretty simple and that’s honesty. I want Mr Lenagan to stop treating the fans with contempt, I want him to be honest about our financial position, I want him to be honest about arrangements for players leaving to come back, I want him to be honest about what deals are actually signed and which aren’t and I’d like some honesty on why a coach who continually brought success to the club under tough conditions suddenly decided he couldn’t go on. I can accept being skint and cutting costs if I’m told that’s the case. I can accept signing project players from the Championship and squad players from mid to lower end superleague clubs as long as they don’t try and bill them up as though we’ve signed the second coming of Gene Miles or Kelvin Skerrett.

I’ve grown tired over the years of the spin we put on absolutely everything. Ian Lenagan is a club legend for my money but it doesn’t give him the right to treat the fans as though they were born yesterday. The difference between the excited, fresh and driven chairman, who made it his business to make the fans feel included when he took over to the one who seems bored, distant and lacking the energy to try and drive us on is pretty staggering IMO.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4638
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 05 20159 years187th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 16:2823rd Mar 24 14:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tautai - Drink driving. : Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:11 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
I would like Lenagan to listen to offers ‘if’ there are good people, with the club at heart and the funds in place to drive us forward. If those people do not exist then I want something pretty simple and that’s honesty. I want Mr Lenagan to stop treating the fans with contempt, I want him to be honest about our financial position, I want him to be honest about arrangements for players leaving to come back, I want him to be honest about what deals are actually signed and which aren’t and I’d like some honesty on why a coach who continually brought success to the club under tough conditions suddenly decided he couldn’t go on. I can accept being skint and cutting costs if I’m told that’s the case. I can accept signing project players from the Championship and squad players from mid to lower end superleague clubs as long as they don’t try and bill them up as though we’ve signed the second coming of Gene Miles or Kelvin Skerrett.

I’ve grown tired over the years of the spin we put on absolutely everything. Ian Lenagan is a club legend for my money but it doesn’t give him the right to treat the fans as though they were born yesterday. The difference between the excited, fresh and driven chairman, who made it his business to make the fans feel included when he took over to the one who seems bored, distant and lacking the energy to try and drive us on is pretty staggering IMO.

:CLAP: :CLAP:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2883
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200816 years164th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 17:3128th Mar 24 00:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tautai - Drink driving. : Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:29 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:

Top post. I concur with virtually every word.
RankPostsTeam
International Star664
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 31 201311 years271st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 06:5927th Mar 24 06:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tautai - Drink driving. : Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:35 am  
Egg Chasing wrote:
In Rads book he talks about the culture under Millward not being "The Wigan Way"

What is "The Wigan Way"?

Mud wrestling and pumping iron through the week, then dressing in your smart suit to go and sink 10 pints, brawl with anyone who comes near you, because you are far too important to speak to a common supporter?

Or

Treating your body as a temple, training hard in the right areas, increasing your pace, stamina and strength, skills work, going out with friends and family for a meal and perhaps saying hello to any fans who approach you for an autograph?
Pieman 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4715No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 201014 years228th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 18:4923rd Dec 23 10:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tautai - Drink driving. : Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:41 am  
muttywhitedog wrote:
What is "The Wigan Way"?

Mud wrestling and pumping iron through the week, then dressing in your smart suit to go and sink 10 pints, brawl with anyone who comes near you, because you are far too important to speak to a common supporter?

Or

Treating your body as a temple, training hard in the right areas, increasing your pace, stamina and strength, skills work, going out with friends and family for a meal and perhaps saying hello to any fans who approach you for an autograph?

the latter, he says the players all expected that level also so you were in the poop if you didnt deliver that in training and the pitch. Off the pitch used to take care of its self really John Monie used to say he got phone calls of bar owners and he went and sorted it out.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201311 years84th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 23 17:4931st Aug 23 13:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tautai - Drink driving. : Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:15 am  
muttywhitedog wrote:
What is "The Wigan Way"?

Or

Exactly. Radlinski mentions that the latter was the culture when he came in to the squad but under Millward it felt like the former and he ridiculed it. Fast forward to today and the culture under the leadership of Rads seems a long way away from what he feels should be the culture and appears to be what he doesn't like.
PreviousNext