echo '';

(Website)
Post a reply

Re: squad v Skolars

Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:02 pm

Game changed to 10 a side because of reduced pitch size . 4 x 20 minute periods . No explanation or guidance as to what was happening . Half the crowd left after 2 x 20 periods thinking the game was over . Off to the pub at 52-0 . Now 6-70 full time

Regards EW

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:31 pm

100% Warrior wrote:Not even a place for Escare in that squad. He really really doesn’t have a future at Wigan. Navarette being in there doesn’t give him much hope either

I,m sure I read somewhere that Escare is injured

Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:34 pm

There didn't seem to be much of an improvement in the play the ball area. Players were still stepping over the ball and not making contact with the foot. I hope the coaches make sure we sort it out so that we don't keep getting penalised for falling foul of the law.

Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:31 pm

leg_end wrote:There didn't seem to be much of an improvement in the play the ball area. Players were still stepping over the ball and not making contact with the foot. I hope the coaches make sure we sort it out so that we don't keep getting penalised for falling foul of the law.

I wonder (if the rule is applied properly) whether it might help us a little, particularly against the teams with the better 'scooter' hookers (Saints, Wire).

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:13 am

From what I saw yesterday, Kilner who had "disappeared" last season has become bigger and stronger and look a far better player and more of a handful, than when I last saw him play.

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:23 am

Ruddy Duck wrote:From what I saw yesterday, Kilner who had "disappeared" last season has become bigger and stronger and look a far better player and more of a handful, than when I last saw him play.

They seemed a big set of lads. I have watched this fixture since the start and it was noticeable that we did not look like boys against men this year. New boy Pierce is all arms and legs but looks good, those lads who already have first team experience were a cut above. It will be interesting to see the development of the unrelated Shorrockses. Jake needs to play regularly at a good level, which he may not do at Wigan this year, and Joe really looks a handful every time I see him. One of the young wingers who came on (Tyrer ?) has something of a Jason Robinson style about him and some of the big forwards really look like possibles.

Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:41 pm

Joe Shorrocks generally impresses me when I watch him. Good to see him get a bit of game time against Leeds. There is some real talent there across the pitch.
Previous
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/