echo '';

(Website)
Post a reply

Re: Ethan Havard

Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:26 pm

dany1979 wrote:I do think players are also becoming increasingly aware that some NRL clubs are to be avoided, especially for young players who want to develop in a professional and supportive environment.

Lee Mossop probably one player who learned the hard way having left the professional environment of Wigan for Paramatta, I’m not convinced Sam Tomkins joined the right club either.

I agree. If Sam joins Sydney Roosters, St George, Melbourne or Brisbane he’s a different NRL player and a far better one too.

I never thought Mossop was good enough in the first place to warrant an NRL gig so I wasn’t surprised when he came back tail between his legs though I do acknowledge that shoulder injuries has a big part in that.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:13 pm

Rogues Gallery wrote:He is one of the best young props I've seen coming through for many years. he has a good running and passing game, maybe a bit of work to do on his defense but he should get some game time this season.
Wigan seem to have unearthed some big athletic forwards, Havard, Macdonald, Rushton, Stone, Kilner etc in the last two or three years, let's hope we can keep them away from Aus for a while at least.

Rogues how do you do a new topic to all the clubs in super league and the championship

Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:28 pm

Heard Canberra have already signed two academy lads, one is just 16. Any promising kids will be targets unfortunately

Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:47 pm

cherryandwhitedavid06 wrote:Heard Canberra have already signed two academy lads, one is just 16. Any promising kids will be targets unfortunately

Interesting, if true, given the likelihood of any sixteen year old not making the grade and given the costs involved. I would assume that under those circumstances we would not be offering a first contract.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:39 pm

Levrier wrote:Interesting, if true, given the likelihood of any sixteen year old not making the grade and given the costs involved. I would assume that under those circumstances we would not be offering a first contract.

Dunno, I'd have thought an 19 year old who had just missed out on an NRL contract would still be of interest to most SL clubs if he came back having only played reserve grade. Arguably of more/as much interest than they would have been if they had stayed. See Gelling and Hamlin for examples that worked well for us.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:47 pm

Ashton Bears wrote:Rogues how do you do a new topic to all the clubs in super league and the championship

I don't know unless you open a new topic on every forum and cut and paste from from the first one? I suppose you could post it once on the virtual terrace.

The mods/admin are the best ones to ask.
If you go to forums, Help and support and raise a ticket they may be able to do it.

Sorry I can't help any further.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Rogues Gallery wrote:I don't know unless you open a new topic on every forum and cut and paste from from the first one? I suppose you could post it once on the virtual terrace. Did that last year will do the same copy and paste thanks.

The mods/admin are the best ones to ask.
If you go to forums, Help and support and raise a ticket they may be able to do it.

Sorry I can't help any further.
Previous
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/