echo '';

(Website)
Post a reply

Re: Faz testimonial

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:35 pm

I was not having a stab at he Wigan support by the way.
I think the Wigan supporters unlike most other teams fans tell it how it is and are decent rugby league supporters.
My point was that it seemed a very small crowd for such very good loyal Wigan player against an almost full strength leeds team a lot of the Wigan better players leave for more money.
Then come back when they find out that the grass is not greener.
Maybe the game was not marketed very well.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:30 am

i'm sure Liverpool v Man United had an effect. but yeah, the stand seemed pretty full.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:00 am

moto748 wrote:i'm sure Liverpool v Man United had an effect. but yeah, the stand seemed pretty full.

If indeed, Liverpool v Manchester had any effect on the game, it is no excuse for non attendance in this age of being able to record games on Sky and the BBC.

Crowds these days are also not helped by clubs themselves doing LIVE screening of games on their own TV system, like that of Liam Farrell's Testimonial. which did not help ticket and programme sales.

Why attend a game if you can watch it live on TV is the norm for many now!

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:06 am

Ruddy Duck wrote:If indeed, Liverpool v Manchester had any effect on the game, it is no excuse for non attendance in this age of being able to record games on Sky and the BBC.

Crowds these days are also not helped by clubs themselves doing LIVE screening of games on their own TV system, like that of Liam Farrell's Testimonial. which did not help ticket and programme sales.

Why attend a game if you can watch it live on TV is the norm for many now!
That is a good point. Live screening of a testimonial match must have some effect on the attendance and therefore depriving the player of receipts he would normally receive. I wonder if the club donate some of the money they take from tv subscriptions for the game?

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:42 am

The Magic Rat wrote:That is a good point. Live screening of a testimonial match must have some effect on the attendance and therefore depriving the player of receipts he would normally receive. I wonder if the club donate some of the money they take from tv subscriptions for the game?

Especially streaming a home game

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 pm

The Magic Rat wrote:That is a good point. Live screening of a testimonial match must have some effect on the attendance and therefore depriving the player of receipts he would normally receive. I wonder if the club donate some of the money they take from tv subscriptions for the game?

Salary cap.
Previous
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/