echo '';

(Website)
Post a reply

Re: IL 'unlikely' to look at Saracens

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:50 am

It's all a bit moot really isn't it apart from fun speculation, IL isn't going to pay for one of them out of his own pocket and the falling attendances means the club can't afford any of them anyway.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:00 pm

MattyB wrote:Was it Eddie Jones that Stevo was having banter with before the Wigan v Bath game at Twikers?

Edit - Sorry, no it wasn't. I'm thinking of Stuart Barnes.

It was Barnes yeah

Fat red faced eater of quails eggs. Humourless nob IMO

Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:16 pm

tugglesf78 wrote:It was Barnes yeah

:lol:

Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:17 pm

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I remember hearing that he was on several RL clubs' want lists during his playing days.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:50 pm

No where near as bad as I'm far too good to lower myself down to playing rugby league Jeremy Guscott.
Crapped all over his team mates most of whom had never played league before.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:31 am

Cruncher wrote:I'm not disagreeing with you, but I remember hearing that he was on several RL clubs' want lists during his playing days.

When England won a grand slam you had Alex Murphy in the National press stating how much the players would be worth in league. The figures he quoted were embarrassing.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:03 am

stpatricks wrote:When England won a grand slam you had Alex Murphy in the National press stating how much the players would be worth in league. The figures he quoted were embarrassing.

According to Will Carling's autobiography, Leeds offered him a million quid to join them, and that was back in the early 1990s.

Yeah ... sure, Will. Back on your meds.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:19 am

apollosghost wrote:No where near as bad as I'm far too good to lower myself down to playing rugby league Jeremy Guscott.
Crapped all over his team mates most of whom had never played league before.

Rumoured at the time that he was afraid of getting hurt by the tougher tackling of the Wigan players.

If true, what a coward!
Previous
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/