19th Apr 24 15:3319th Apr 24 15:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
1998,2010,2013,2016,2018 & 2023.....I was there
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Re: Bateman confirmed : Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:44 am  
Does he get paid overtime if a game goes into golden point :)
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain965
JoinedServiceReputation
May 14 20168 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Sep 21 13:3110th Sep 21 20:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bateman confirmed : Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:09 am  
He’s on 220k a year
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain571No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 11 20186 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Mar 24 06:328th Nov 21 17:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bateman confirmed : Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:54 pm  
Itchy Arsenal wrote:
A year ???????
If true crazy money.
I assume with his signature Isa goes to the bench at best? We cannot have Bateman, Isa and Farrell as our back three.
I'm in a very small minority but Bateman as a marquee player? Nah.
He'd better learn to come off his right foot otherwise you can put me on the wing. Incapable of of passing to his right and probably will remain the same until he retires

He's a decent lad but never in a million years is he worth
£280k.
Good luck to him but he probably sums up our limitations as a sport.
He never was and he ain't the Messiah as some suggest.
A good nuggety player who gives 100% but not your top earner in my book.

It will be interesting to see how his shoulder holds up in the remainder of the current season.

He was officially the best second rower in the best competition in the world last year and Nrl clubs were willing to pay him at least double that we are reporting to be paying. I think hes an absolute bargain and a major signing in tough times.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29272
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 23:2719th Apr 24 21:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bateman confirmed : Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:38 pm  
Noticed a couple of social media replies from Hastings this evening responding to a picture posted by Oliver Gildart regarding the potential Latics takeover. The picture was a designers artwork of both Gildart and Joe Williams from Wigan Athletic playing on the field at the DW side by side and Gildart was backing the potential takeover by posting it. Hastings replies saying ‘how about full pay?’ and ‘why don’t you post what you really think?’ in response to Gildart posting this.

I’ve kept pretty quiet on Hastings general manner since he came to the club but I think that’s pretty poor form and I’m sure he’ll be leaving at the end of this season. On the field the guy gives it everything and I can’t question that but away from the field, things have always felt strained to me and there is clearly some issues there currently. He was on best behaviour at Salford as he rebuilt a career but you can see little bits of why the bloke was labelled as a problem at Manly. I’ve no issue with him having a moan at the pay situation but do it in the right manner and not for everyone one to see. I can’t see that Gildart would be best pleased with having him posting comments like that against a positive post. On the back of one or two other strange comments I’ve seen from him, I can’t say I’m gutted to think he’ll go and Bateman takes a marquee spot. I think it’ll be the best for everyone.
AJ 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12903No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 17 200222 years321st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Aug 21 20:3731st Aug 21 20:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bateman confirmed : Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:20 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
Noticed a couple of social media replies from Hastings this evening responding to a picture posted by Oliver Gildart regarding the potential Latics takeover. The picture was a designers artwork of both Gildart and Joe Williams from Wigan Athletic playing on the field at the DW side by side and Gildart was backing the potential takeover by posting it. Hastings replies saying ‘how about full pay?’ and ‘why don’t you post what you really think?’ in response to Gildart posting this.

I’ve kept pretty quiet on Hastings general manner since he came to the club but I think that’s pretty poor form and I’m sure he’ll be leaving at the end of this season. On the field the guy gives it everything and I can’t question that but away from the field, things have always felt strained to me and there is clearly some issues there currently. He was on best behaviour at Salford as he rebuilt a career but you can see little bits of why the bloke was labelled as a problem at Manly. I’ve no issue with him having a moan at the pay situation but do it in the right manner and not for everyone one to see. I can’t see that Gildart would be best pleased with having him posting comments like that against a positive post. On the back of one or two other strange comments I’ve seen from him, I can’t say I’m gutted to think he’ll go and Bateman takes a marquee spot. I think it’ll be the best for everyone.

I’m glad someone else saw these, i noticed them last night. He’s now deleted them. Whilst now retweeting & liking things from his Salford days. Clearly intent on causing a little trouble on his way out.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1895
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 20177 years220th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 20:176th Apr 24 11:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.

Re: Bateman confirmed : Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:48 pm  
Sack him off and play Harry Smith instead, That'll show him
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9261
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200519 years103rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 23:1219th Apr 24 21:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bateman confirmed : Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:19 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:

Iv always been confused at rumours of new signings since the pandemic started. It simply doesnt make sense to me when I would have thought all clubs would be cutting costs any way they can. I am still happy to see Bateman come back in some respects but it is a head scratcher when the existing squad/staff are taking pay cuts. I imagine the club could make a case that Bateman is a like for like replacement for someone like O'Loughlin. But predictably, the article below indicates the current squad is not happy about it whatsoever and may be linked to the Hastings comments.

Good news at least that a few more clubs have agreed terms with the players and talks seem to be positive at least.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-le ... ssion=true
NickyKiss wrote:

Iv always been confused at rumours of new signings since the pandemic started. It simply doesnt make sense to me when I would have thought all clubs would be cutting costs any way they can. I am still happy to see Bateman come back in some respects but it is a head scratcher when the existing squad/staff are taking pay cuts. I imagine the club could make a case that Bateman is a like for like replacement for someone like O'Loughlin. But predictably, the article below indicates the current squad is not happy about it whatsoever and may be linked to the Hastings comments.

Good news at least that a few more clubs have agreed terms with the players and talks seem to be positive at least.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bateman confirmed : Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:58 pm  
AJ wrote:
I’m glad someone else saw these, i noticed them last night. He’s now deleted them. Whilst now retweeting & liking things from his Salford days. Clearly intent on causing a little trouble on his way out.

I noticed he’d deleted them and that only confirms to me they were unprofessional in the first place. I’ve no doubt he’ll put everything in to things when we’re back on the field because he’s a competitor but I don’t sense he has much good feeling towards the club or the management.

Hopefully it all ends with him helping us to a Grand Final win and us sending him off with a ring and both parties can move on to the future.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bateman confirmed : Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:04 pm  
MadDogg wrote:

Have any sides signed players for straight after the restart? Or are they referring to next season? I’d totally get players being miffed at signings for straight after the restart but teams are going to have to plan for 2021 and won’t be able to just put everything on hold. If you look at us, we have high earning players retiring/leaving and it’s unlikely clubs are just going to say they’ll throw kids in. On the flip side I doubt players are saying they’ll hold of on negotiating with other clubs until there’s more certainty about what the future holds.
MadDogg wrote:

Have any sides signed players for straight after the restart? Or are they referring to next season? I’d totally get players being miffed at signings for straight after the restart but teams are going to have to plan for 2021 and won’t be able to just put everything on hold. If you look at us, we have high earning players retiring/leaving and it’s unlikely clubs are just going to say they’ll throw kids in. On the flip side I doubt players are saying they’ll hold of on negotiating with other clubs until there’s more certainty about what the future holds.
PreviousNext