Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If you can't beat them don't join them
Just post rumours on forums

Re: usual scapegoats : Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:29 am  
spiceboy wrote:
Cooke for me was man of the match as he took control and the team did better for it. JD looks out of sorts but the man has put his heart and soul into the club and has never took a backward step. I dont think its fair to criticise a player who has done so much for the club. Im the same age as JD and I struggle to stand on the side and watch. I love the game but would I swop him? Not in a million years. Its a tough old game and I respect all the players do for our entertainment.

He seemed frustrated last night when he dropped the ball trying to offload. Which to me shows that he still cares and still has desire. He will come good this season just when we need it :DANCE:

Wigan will be a tough game which I hope we win but dont expect it. The crusaders follow which I would expect to win. So by round 11 we could well be on 14 points. Cant really ask for more.

Wakefield till I Die!!!

I agree over Cooke, he made the difference in the second half in what was a drab game that could've easily turned the other way if one or two Cas players had decided at half time to turn on a performance.

Regarding JD, it's a tough one, but I think people should be able to be critical of his perfomances this year. Great servant, great bloke, etc, but that shouldn't really figure heavy in the equation when deciding what is best for picking a team to win. Perhaps a more selective use of him from the bench may be in order.
Trinity Till Death 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years319th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: usual scapegoats : Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:35 am  
It's a tough decision but i think Kear could help him out alot more by resting him once in a while or using him from the bench in a couple of games. I commented at the start of the season that JD has all the will in the world but time catches up with us all and that a good leader must understand his limitations as well as his strengths.

We all want Demetriou to suceed and be the best he can but unfortunately at times you have to make hard decisions and i think he is a still a very useful player he just needs to be used correctly to get the best out of him
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7664
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 17 200321 years305th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 15:2030th Jan 24 11:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: usual scapegoats : Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:53 am  
Cooke was very good for us last night, we have half backs/hookers who go to the line at speed, they step, weave and try to offload in a controlled but almost frantic manner. Then came Cooke who has a different style altogether, standing further out in an almost serene, laid back manner and making cold decisions with what seems like ages of time to do so.

Some will read that style as lazy, that he does'nt care or that he has no passion for task. He has a cool head and he will/does make plays which offer our attack another dimension and that's hard to read for the opposition both during the game and in preperation to play us.

As for JD, I posted a Snog, Marry Avoid thread about this time last year and suggested that another season might be one too many for JDs body. I hoped then that I was wrong as I have nothing but respect for him both on and off the pitch. He's a hero to many and when he does give the game up (as a player) he will be remembered for years to come. I hope his poor form is just that 'FORM' and that we'll see the best of him again as the season progresses, I'd hate for him to sully his own legacy by playing on for too long.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4645
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 25 201014 years199th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 13:4514th May 24 11:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Re: usual scapegoats : Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:06 am  
Murphy would be the first name on my team sheet every week. He's a reliable player who gives 100% in attack and defence.

Paul Cooke was the difference in us winning and losing last night. He did all the basics right and kept the team on an even keel. There's no doubt he's a class player and as already mentioned, he can look lazy at times but class players make things look so easy without really putting in the effort that lesser players have to. Moving away from Humberside will probably prove to be the best thing he's done in his career.

I thought the defence last night was excellent across the field and we got the win without having to overwork. There was a definite feeling of '2 games in 4 days' among both teams.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach645No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th May 21 19:5111th Apr 21 10:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current Yorkshire Cup holders - Trinity

Re: usual scapegoats : Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:27 pm  
The Clan wrote:
Cooke was very good for us last night, we have half backs/hookers who go to the line at speed, they step, weave and try to offload in a controlled but almost frantic manner. Then came Cooke who has a different style altogether, standing further out in an almost serene, laid back manner and making cold decisions with what seems like ages of time to do so.

Some will read that style as lazy, that he does'nt care or that he has no passion for task. He has a cool head and he will/does make plays which offer our attack another dimension and that's hard to read for the opposition both during the game and in preperation to play us.

As for JD, I posted a Snog, Marry Avoid thread about this time last year and suggested that another season might be one too many for JDs body. I hoped then that I was wrong as I have nothing but respect for him both on and off the pitch. He's a hero to many and when he does give the game up (as a player) he will be remembered for years to come. I hope his poor form is just that 'FORM' and that we'll see the best of him again as the season progresses, I'd hate for him to sully his own legacy by playing on for too long.

Thought Cooke was very good 2nd half, 1st half everyone/thing was a bit 1 dimensional ans predictable.
Did you notice that Cooke tried the short ball to f/back coming through a la Greenshields for Catalans? It didn't come off but great to see us doing something different.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13355
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 12 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Nov 19 06:4010th Nov 19 05:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Alive n kicking

Re: usual scapegoats : Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:27 pm  
can not go wrong with blaming hendo, works every time
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3011
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 22 200519 years257th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Nov 22 07:2417th Sep 22 17:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Hiding behind a palm tree in the mountains
Signature

Re: usual scapegoats : Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:07 pm  
on JD...
last year was a hell of a year for the club and JD in particular. I think the level of resposibility he took last year was beyond the call of duty. The off-season was particularly short this year and I don't know if he managed to relax but I think that what he is experiencing now is payback for all that emotional and physical effort. I believe that if he had a break away from RL for a couple of weeks he would come back refreshed and performing well again. Don't know how this can be arrranged but I feel he really needs a break.
TRB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Dec 21 22:5121st Feb 19 13:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"

For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto //www.swag-online.co.uk

For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto //wakefield.rlfans.com

Re: usual scapegoats : Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:56 pm  
crowt123 wrote:
gleeson not playing tonight, don't know if he was injured but smurph's 4th position this season was an improvement to the team in defence. really wish that matty b would take the ball in better because it really looks like he is going throught the motions only at times.

I was critical of Matty last week, but I thought he stepped his efforts up hugely this week. Not unhappy with that performance - I reckon you'd need a different player if you wanted more out of him! :D
J.T 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7494No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 07 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Sep 16 14:1916th Apr 16 12:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[quote="EmmaMur01"]I hope they get relegated. Their fans are idiots.[/quote]
[quote="vastman"]
honest to god your like a big and not very bright child.

[/quote]

[quote="'Hitman' Norvern Soul"]
You are a sprawling urban metropolis that was once one of
Europe's major cities.[/quote]
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Re: usual scapegoats : Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:56 pm  
bren2k wrote:
Blaymire, as usual, half-hearted.

That band wagon was last week do try and keep up...
lad13 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1733No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 16 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Dec 21 09:4221st Dec 21 19:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I'm still laughing at Cas!!!

Re: usual scapegoats : Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:23 pm  
With the pitch and ball really slippy I thought Blaymire was outstanding and didnt miss a tackle or drop a ball (to the best of my knowledge) all night long. Was my m.o.m & felt he was as safe as houses. I must watch a different game sometimes.
PreviousNext