Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I know guys that pay £25 for a facial up north"
"If that season review DVD was an A-level entry, it'd fail"

Re: Half Page Bad News Story re Stadium in YEP : Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:36 pm  
Prince Buster wrote:
This is in the Stanley Ward and in the constituency of Ed Balls. Like you say they are bang out of order.
If you know about rules regarding this feel free to make a formal complaint.

If I could find a list of all those standing in the Morley & Outwood constituency, who will represent me after May 6th, I will ask them about this!
El Rey 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Sep 17 18:5426th Sep 17 18:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
onetiger = half a cabbage

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Winter is coming.

Re: Half Page Bad News Story re Stadium in YEP : Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:21 pm  
t-r-i-n-i-t-y wrote:
And this is hardly a lovely green space that's been there for 100s of years. We're not talking about knocking down Sandal Castle, it was a dirty great coal mine. They never had vehicles going in and out, or noise did they?

Leeds councillors, sod off out of Wakefield District issues!

:shock: :o Most unlike you.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4809No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Mar 16 23:5215th Nov 15 15:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I know guys that pay £25 for a facial up north"
"If that season review DVD was an A-level entry, it'd fail"

Re: Half Page Bad News Story re Stadium in YEP : Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:27 pm  
BIGAL1 wrote:
:shock: :o Most unlike you.

I'm quite happy with the idea that we elect people for Wakefield MDC (or whatever it's called this week) and they do stuff for the Wakefield District. I'm not happy with the Leeds mob sticking its nose in!

It's funny how the Express is very happy to campaign against our cities merging, yet is happy to waste a page every week on Leeds United and have stories about the Leeds Arena and Leeds Festival in it1
RankPostsTeam
International Star24No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 28 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Jan 12 18:007th Jan 12 23:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Half Page Bad News Story re Stadium in YEP : Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:30 pm  
Recently met the Conservative candidate for Wakefield constituency Alex Storey. He is a big lad who was a European rowing champion,was in the 96 Olympic team and represented the U.K in4 World Championships ! He is obviously a keen sportsman and when I suggested that he took an interest in W.T.W, he said that he had been following the plans for Newmarket with interest and intended seeing some home games if he got the chance. So come on Ted invite him to come and see what the Wildcats do for the community and local youth.You never know, he may be in a position to help us after May 6th, I,ve not noticed any help being offered by our present representative !
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1413No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st May 21 10:1312th Mar 20 19:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Half Page Bad News Story re Stadium in YEP : Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:44 pm  
Prince Buster wrote:
This is in the Stanley Ward and in the constituency of Ed Balls. Like you say they are bang out of order.
If you know about rules regarding this feel free to make a formal complaint.

I've e-mailed Ed - I know he's a bit busy at the moment, but hopefully he can send the heavies round to sort out those trying to muscle in on his patch.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1494No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 09 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Feb 11 18:4410th Feb 11 19:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Therefore, surely nothing in life is to be feared, only understood. Apart from getting shanked at the cash machine!"

I love this city,
this is my town.
We get a week out, without a doubt,
gunna sing it out loud.
i love my city
this is my town,
we get a week out, without a doubt,
gunna sing it out loud

Re: Half Page Bad News Story re Stadium in YEP : Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 pm  
Ed Balls was one of the chief spokesman on the application. He gave a glowing reference, of the city, the club and the development as a whole and what it will bring to the district.

Here we go:

"The Wildcats are a keystone of our community in Wakefield. It's important that the team have a top-class venue to call home, so I'm fully backing plans for a new stadium. As a community stadium, it will also open up sporting opportunities to people across the district - so it's good news for sports teams, families, and young people in our area.”
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 30 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Jan 20 16:3522nd Feb 19 11:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Change is inevitable
...except from a vending machine!

BillyRhino wrote:
So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish>

IA mode off. :wink:

Re: Half Page Bad News Story re Stadium in YEP : Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:40 pm  
Firstly, Parliamentary protocol does dictate that Members of Parliament can only take up specific individual cases on behalf of their own constituents. However, that is what they are doing, the objections being raised are being raised by their prospective constituents, albeit outside the constituency in which the development is being planned. That also said, they are not currently bound by Parliamentary protocol anyway, as they are all candidates and not sitting MP's, so they are not doing anything strictly against any rules at the moment.

They are however quite blatantly electioneering, are all quite happy to jump on what they see as a vote winning 'band-wagon' and happy to leave their integrity at the side of the road. I have written to all three of them this evening expressing my concern at would appear to be a clear lack of knowledge of the facts and also to point out that they too appear to have been fooled by the same small group of people who have fooled many of their prospective constituents. It was quite a long e-mail, so I will not post it here, but I also had a sly dig at them for being photographed committing what would appear to be Civil Trespass on private land! The e-mail was also copied to Ed Ball, Anthony Calvert (The prospective Tory candidate for Outwood & Morley) and all three Ward 15 councillors for Stanley and Outwood.

Now, I have also spoken face to face with all three of my Ward 15 councillors, Clive Hudson, Jacqui Williams and Simon Wilson over the weekend. Both Simon and Clive were already aware that this sudden influx of objections had been generated by the flyer from the small group of Newmarket Lane residents and that therefore, the response was disproportionate. They are also aware that the majority of these objections to the planning application, with the exception of the green-belt issue, had little merit and did not stand up to any real scrutiny. Jacqui was not aware of the flyer (but is now) as was less eager to be drawn on the issue as she is a member of the planning committee which will decide on whether the planning application is granted. Reading between the lines, just based on her general comments and her mannerisms, I think I know which way she will be voting and it will be in the positive!

I have also passed some useful information on to TRB about the UDP being replaced by something now called Local Development Frameworks (LDF's). This process started a couple of years ago and has already been to the Secretary of States office for comment. We have some very useful information about green-belt designations within the Wakefield district going forward, and before you all leap to conclusions, it is not site specific however, this information may be very useful in the future if we have need to use it!!!

Finally, you can often tell a lot from what politicians don't say, rather than what they do say! It is interesting that, in the main, the ward 15 councillors, Ed Balls and Anthony Calvert have remained publicly quiet about the development (however, I can tell you that Cllr Clive Hudson has spoken to the 'Wakefield CCG' guys and most of the residents of Newmarket Lane in person and they did not want to hear what he had to say!). As experienced politicians they know that publicly drawing attention to an issue, more so in support of something, often generates objections and negative feeling that would not otherwise exist had they kept there mouth shut in the first place. It is also interesting that not one single letter or news story was published in last Friday's Wakefield express about the development, yet the YEP ran letters before the Expresses Wednesday lunch print deadline! I am sure they have got a bag full of mail and suspect they will have to print some at some point, probably tomorrow, but that is now after objections had to be in... hmmm!

Finally, in response the the list of prospective parlimentray candidates for the new Outwood & Morley seat, please see the BBC website here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/constituency/c99.stm
Firstly, Parliamentary protocol does dictate that Members of Parliament can only take up specific individual cases on behalf of their own constituents. However, that is what they are doing, the objections being raised are being raised by their prospective constituents, albeit outside the constituency in which the development is being planned. That also said, they are not currently bound by Parliamentary protocol anyway, as they are all candidates and not sitting MP's, so they are not doing anything strictly against any rules at the moment.

They are however quite blatantly electioneering, are all quite happy to jump on what they see as a vote winning 'band-wagon' and happy to leave their integrity at the side of the road. I have written to all three of them this evening expressing my concern at would appear to be a clear lack of knowledge of the facts and also to point out that they too appear to have been fooled by the same small group of people who have fooled many of their prospective constituents. It was quite a long e-mail, so I will not post it here, but I also had a sly dig at them for being photographed committing what would appear to be Civil Trespass on private land! The e-mail was also copied to Ed Ball, Anthony Calvert (The prospective Tory candidate for Outwood & Morley) and all three Ward 15 councillors for Stanley and Outwood.

Now, I have also spoken face to face with all three of my Ward 15 councillors, Clive Hudson, Jacqui Williams and Simon Wilson over the weekend. Both Simon and Clive were already aware that this sudden influx of objections had been generated by the flyer from the small group of Newmarket Lane residents and that therefore, the response was disproportionate. They are also aware that the majority of these objections to the planning application, with the exception of the green-belt issue, had little merit and did not stand up to any real scrutiny. Jacqui was not aware of the flyer (but is now) as was less eager to be drawn on the issue as she is a member of the planning committee which will decide on whether the planning application is granted. Reading between the lines, just based on her general comments and her mannerisms, I think I know which way she will be voting and it will be in the positive!

I have also passed some useful information on to TRB about the UDP being replaced by something now called Local Development Frameworks (LDF's). This process started a couple of years ago and has already been to the Secretary of States office for comment. We have some very useful information about green-belt designations within the Wakefield district going forward, and before you all leap to conclusions, it is not site specific however, this information may be very useful in the future if we have need to use it!!!

Finally, you can often tell a lot from what politicians don't say, rather than what they do say! It is interesting that, in the main, the ward 15 councillors, Ed Balls and Anthony Calvert have remained publicly quiet about the development (however, I can tell you that Cllr Clive Hudson has spoken to the 'Wakefield CCG' guys and most of the residents of Newmarket Lane in person and they did not want to hear what he had to say!). As experienced politicians they know that publicly drawing attention to an issue, more so in support of something, often generates objections and negative feeling that would not otherwise exist had they kept there mouth shut in the first place. It is also interesting that not one single letter or news story was published in last Friday's Wakefield express about the development, yet the YEP ran letters before the Expresses Wednesday lunch print deadline! I am sure they have got a bag full of mail and suspect they will have to print some at some point, probably tomorrow, but that is now after objections had to be in... hmmm!

Finally, in response the the list of prospective parlimentray candidates for the new Outwood & Morley seat, please see the BBC website here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/constituency/c99.stm
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1314No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 11 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Feb 11 21:491st Oct 10 19:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Half Page Bad News Story re Stadium in YEP : Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 pm  
i recall not so long ago seeing a flyer from anthony calvert giving his full backing to the project and have also been contacted by his office to my home. i will contact them tomorrow to get a response.
RankPostsTeam
International Star312No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 14 200914 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Oct 14 21:178th Oct 14 19:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Half Page Bad News Story re Stadium in YEP : Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:24 pm  
Inflatable_Armadillo you are an absolute star!!! :CLAP:

I always look forward to reading your posts, and usually feel much happier about things when I've read them - please keep posting :D
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5717
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 200915 years223rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th May 24 21:5728th May 24 19:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Half Page Bad News Story re Stadium in YEP : Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 pm  
Catwoman1 wrote:
Inflatable_Armadillo you are an absolute star!!! :CLAP:

I always look forward to reading your posts, and usually feel much happier about things when I've read them - please keep posting :D

I agree,you come across as a top lad,cheers.
PreviousNext