Post a reply

Re: Pauli back ?

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Thought Pauli went ok today but some off the forwards were shocking

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:33 pm

alegend wrote:Thought Pauli went ok today but some off the forwards were shocking

He’s bone idle and he point blank refused to take the ball up I was sat there at the side of it, no
Ifs no buts he refused

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:46 pm

A salford fan as posted on social media that he was shocked at how poor pauli was today opposed to what he had been playing like for them

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Why am I not surprised.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Pauli needs showing the door I’m afraid ,his whole demeanour on the field is of someone who doesn’t want to be there and isn’t interested.Yes he ran the ball in four or five times and skittled a few but then goes missing for rest of game .Today of all days when our battered and bruised team needed a monumental effort from a giant of a man to take the fight to the devils ,I’m afraid all we got was a damp squib.My lasting image of Pauli today was hugging a Salford player half his size as if they were old friends and still could put him to the floor .Simply not good enough at this level and certainly not good enough as an overseas player for our club.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:14 pm

Could the difference not be down to one team having players who can put him into a gap and one which just passes the ball hoping for him to score.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:Could the difference not be down to one team having players who can put him into a gap and one which just passes the ball hoping for him to score.

A part of that could be true as our half backs today compared to lui and Hastings were like bill and Ben the flower pot men .And if that is the case what are the coaching staff doing ? Im sorry Pauli might be a smashing guy off the field but he needs to be mister nasty and an enforcer on it and it just isn’t happening for me .

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:26 pm

Sounds like a proper breakdown due to a mixture of poor attitude and bad man management!

He’s gone well for Watson at Salford but seems to have no relationship with our coach or chief exec

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:32 pm

Salford half backs are creative, Brough has a good kicking game and Miller a good running game but neither could be called creative. The biggest problem visible from game 1 is that we can be beaten out wide and this is still the case. How many times have the opposition had an overlap because we fail to number up correctly.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:Salford half backs are creative, Brough has a good kicking game and Miller a good running game but neither could be called creative. The biggest problem visible from game 1 is that we can be beaten out wide and this is still the case. How many times have the opposition had an overlap because we fail to number up correctly.

The ease with which Salford scored both out wide and straight up the middle is very alarming ,do we still play with a sliding defence or has that been superseded now ?
I thought running onto the ball, wrapping the ball up in the tackle and moving up in defence were the very basics of the game never mind set moves ,we are now half way through the season and still look like a team thats had a couple of training games together .Defence wins you games and I’m afraid we were woefully second best today .
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/