Post a reply

Re: Newmarket development

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:12 am

Here's a quote attributed to the Yorkcourt spokesman, "We continue to work closely with Wakefield Council and Wakefield Trinity and remain committed to reaching a solution that works for everyone."
As they have already stated they will not make any financial contribution, can they tell me what 'working closely' means?

Here's a question for Yorkcourt, " Why do you seek to renege on promises/commitments made to the public of Wakefield regarding sports facilities at Newmarket?" I'll not be holding my breath for an answer.

The whole affair stinks like a bucket of rotten fish.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:13 am

Absolutely scandalous and blatantly so!

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:30 pm

I was also there to provide some moral support to TRB who was the ONLY speaker either for, or against, the application.
We listened to the council guy outline the details of the application, although most of what he said was either inaudible or waffle and half of the councillors weren't even listening/weren't interested anyway. TRB utilised his full 3 minutes to get our points of view across but he might as well have spoken in Chinese as it soon became clear that he was wasting his time. I honestly believe that the most of the Committee didn't even have half a clue as to what they were voting for and had clearly been instructed beforehand as to how to vote.
The final tally was 13 votes in favour, 2 against and 1 abstention, so Box and Yorkcourt have shafted us yet again :BEAT: :BEAT: :BEAT:

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:34 pm

Ah well if Yorkcourt are committed we have nothing to worry about have we. They seem like nice, straight, decent people with scruples don't they.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:32 pm

FIL wrote:I was also there to provide some moral support to TRB who was the ONLY speaker either for, or against, the application.
We listened to the council guy outline the details of the application, although most of what he said was either inaudible or waffle and half of the councillors weren't even listening/weren't interested anyway. TRB utilised his full 3 minutes to get our points of view across but he might as well have spoken in Chinese as it soon became clear that he was wasting his time. I honestly believe that the most of the Committee didn't even have half a clue as to what they were voting for and had clearly been instructed beforehand as to how to vote.
The final tally was 13 votes in favour, 2 against and 1 abstention, so Box and Yorkcourt have shafted us yet again :BEAT: :BEAT: :BEAT:

So the Trust did not speak? :shock:

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:57 pm

phe13 wrote:So the Trust did not speak? :shock:

We only had a weeks notice. Jonathan Stone had a pressing business meeting and I’m in Florida. We agreed that TRB would speak on behalf of us all.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:57 pm

I believe TRB said that he was asked to take a leap of faith and allow it to proceed. By who and for what reason?

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:13 pm

LG83 wrote:I believe TRB said that he was asked to take a leap of faith and allow it to proceed. By who and for what reason?

That was ten years since wasn't it?

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:47 pm

In answer to Fil & all other. posters & people reading this forum, The council ruled by a cabinet of which Box controls + in charge of ?Leeds West Yorkshire area has never & will never do anything for wakey T, His actions or inaction has proved this point. A nod & a wink over this latest manouvering shows the extent of deciet.
His actions prior local elections, offer WAKEY T a loan, that way they will have to use their own money & leave the way clear for Newmarket. Further nod & a wink, tel yorkcourt to only put in a new application after the elections & in a covering application by the user & not the owner ! This will then be passed, WAKEY T can grumble but so what ! -- & my friends this will now continue until full development is complete, we are my friends, on our own !
Plenty of not air to come but nothing from the council & yorkcourt will materialize - end of, get used to it !!!!
By the way i am not a happy person over this but dynamite won't alter any of this ?

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:34 pm

The whole Newmarket fiasco makes Donnygate look like a kiddy's tea party yet their Council misgivings and corruption got full TV coverage. Our case doesn't get a dickybird of any substance on even local telly. Back in the nineteenth century Wakefield was what was then known politically, as a "Rotten borough". It couldn't have been any more rotten than the present council under Box & Co.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/