Post a reply

Re: Getting a bit precarious!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 am

Salford do have a habit of slapping our backsides though. The big worry for me is the Lui/Hastings match up with Brough/Miller. The Salford pair ooze class.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:47 am

ball-in-hand wrote:I hope none of the players read this forum or they might start to believe there is no point turning up to Salford. Some of you seem to get off on running down the team. I rarely go to a game and see a lack of effort and that is the only time they deserve such negativity. Get behind the players and MC they are doing there best with a bad run of injuries and a small budget.

My thoughts also

A win today and we are back on the front foot

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 pm

I think what happens when you go through an injury crisis is that when you are in the early stages of it players dig in and a bit of a backs to the wall mentality kicks in, you win games that you don't expect to given the players you have missing. Then when you get to a stage when a couple of players come back into the side, expectations are high and you have a bit of a slump. This is all the more frustrating because the fans think that 'if we can beat X-Y-Z with all those players missing we should be winning now with bodies back' this makes it harder to swallow when you lose a few.

Whatever the reason for the slump when players are back (wear and tear on the non injured players/players rushing back to early) it's a pattern you see repeated.

I think we're in our post injury crisis slump, need to get ourselves out of it quickly before we get dragged into the dog fight and pressure starts to build from the teams below and around us.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Wakefield City wrote:Our points difference is worth 2 points so providing we don’t take any major hammerings the bottom 3 have to win 3 more games than we do. I reckon we’ve got a few more wins in us this season.

Up the Trin

Points difference getting worse. And probably past -70 after next week's thrashing from Warrington

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:00 pm

ball-in-hand wrote:I hope none of the players read this forum or they might start to believe there is no point turning up to Salford. Some of you seem to get off on running down the team. I rarely go to a game and see a lack of effort and that is the only time they deserve such negativity. Get behind the players and MC they are doing there best with a bad run of injuries and a small budget.

Maybe they do read it because they haven't turned up. Again.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:13 pm

At the end of the day though too, professional sportsmen are happy to receive all the praises, and accolades.

Surely, they should be prepared fora bit of criticism, when it comes their way, if warranted.

It's when it gets personal, when fans cross the line.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Khlav Kalash wrote:Danny Ward has got to be up for coach of the year. He's doing a great job with London, a bit Trinity-esque of years gone by. I do think as our collective opinion of ourselves has risen over the past 3 years I fear we have lost that bit of mongrel, that instinct to survive, that's dragged us out of seemingly impossible situations. Are we up for the fight now? Time will tell.

Well the first test suggests we're not. Last six games players have been out enthused. I guess the Trinity players of the past knew their SL career depended upon Trinity being in the top flight. Today's players know they'll be plenty of clubs waiting to pick them up if we went down so relegation is no threat to them.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:43 pm

ball-in-hand wrote:I hope none of the players read this forum or they might start to believe there is no point turning up to Salford. Some of you seem to get off on running down the team. I rarely go to a game and see a lack of effort and that is the only time they deserve such kefield City need to take their rose tinted glasses back to Specsavers as they're pegativity. Get behind the players and MC they are doing there best with a bad run of injuries and a small budget.

I think Ball-in-Hand and Wakefield City need to return their rose -tinted glasses back to Specsavers as they're obviously not working correctly. I haven't been today but the previous few matches hark back to the bad old days of Webster and Agar. Even the scorelines are beginning to be reminiscent of those times. We are in a very dangerous position re relegation and slapping them on the back with platitudes just does not win games. There are currently eleven clubs in Super League on the "up" and just one on the way Down..... [b]US

I cannot see us ever having a full first-choice team again this season and I don't know where the next win is gonna come from. It hurts me to say it.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Khlav Kalash wrote:Well the first test suggests we're not. Last six games players have been out enthused. I guess the Trinity players of the past knew their SL career depended upon Trinity being in the top flight. Today's players know they'll be plenty of clubs waiting to pick them up if we went down so relegation is no threat to them.

Well I did say the players can't have much personal pride in their performances given their 'attempts' at atonement in the second London game. They went down there unfocused, unmotivated, and full of their own importance, and got their arses smacked for a second time, from which we haven't recovered. The whole squad including the coaching staff have rested on their laurels and are now paying the price. At least Chester now acknowledges we are in a relegation battle, but like you say, do the players care?? We will see........... :shock:

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:00 pm

The problem to me is when people talk about pride and then say it's because of the London games or now Salford game they seem to forget both teams are good teams and have beaten other top teams.
We need to sort it out and our goal line defence is ridiculous but it's not a pride thing.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/