Post a reply

Re: Getting a bit precarious!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:09 pm

We were 42-6 down at London, they are still bottom of the league........but yes they are a decent enough side i'm not saying they aren't, it's a pretty competitive league as is now being proven. The problem I have is eternally optimistic idiots who don't know what realism is, and can't see the wood for the trees.

Re: Getting a bit precarious!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:31 pm

PopTart wrote:We are only going to get better as the weather improves and the half backs get more game time.
It's not a great feeling but I'd rather be in our position than theirs.


I appreciate your positivity. I really do. But i fear it is built on sand. This team is going to be busted until nearly the end of the season. Weather or no weather if your pack is poop, you're going to have problems.

Re: Getting a bit precarious!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:43 pm

The reduced interchange seems to have crippled the pack. Too big and lazy to be effective for long periods. Looks like the club didn't prepare and get them to trim down a bit and up the fitness levels. It's showing

Re: Getting a bit precarious!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:51 pm

Egg Banjo wrote:The reduced interchange seems to have crippled the pack. Too big and lazy to be effective for long periods. Looks like the club didn't prepare and get them to trim down a bit and up the fitness levels. It's showing


The added problem to this is every week we are at least 2 players down after 15/20 mins . England Kirmond Randall today which makes it even more difficult for an already busted team .

Re: Getting a bit precarious!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:58 pm

cocker wrote:The added problem to this is every week we are at least 2 players down after 15/20 mins . England Kirmond Randall today which makes it even more difficult for an already busted team .

Didn't have a choice. Had to play these players as we only had 18 players to chose from, one was Guaze who hasn't played 1st team yet.

Re: Getting a bit precarious!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:09 pm

It was awful to watch today. I’m usually a glass half full person but I’m afraid it’s empty at the moment. Normally go home and away but at this moment don’t think I’ll be making the trip over the m62 on Friday. There is no direction at all and no fire in the belly. London are playing with spirit we have nothing

Re: Getting a bit precarious!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:10 pm

Egg Banjo wrote:The reduced interchange seems to have crippled the pack. Too big and lazy to be effective for long periods. Looks like the club didn't prepare and get them to trim down a bit and up the fitness levels. It's showing


I'd go along with that if it wasn't for the fact that Fifita is going OK yet England can't hack it.
I'd put it down to continually having players injured in games as much as anything else. The easily injured ones are the ones to lose if we can.

I also think our forwards used to benefit from a back 5 who made great yardage on kick returns. We are seriously reduced in that area with Tom and Bill out.
Then take Fifita out and we look poor.

Not sure what's happened to Kopczak as he looked really good at the start but has drifted a bit now. Either as you say he's playing too many minutes or he's carrying an injury.

Re: Getting a bit precarious!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 pm

PopTart wrote:I'd go along with that if it wasn't for the fact that Fifita is going OK yet England can't hack it.
I'd put it down to continually having players injured in games as much as anything else. The easily injured ones are the ones to lose if we can.

I also think our forwards used to benefit from a back 5 who made great yardage on kick returns. We are seriously reduced in that area with Tom and Bill out.
Then take Fifita out and we look poor.

Not sure what's happened to Kopczak as he looked really good at the start but has drifted a bit now. Either as you say he's playing too many minutes or he's carrying an injury.


Fifita is the only one who looks able to manage the reduced interchanges, and is pretty much carrying the pack. No wonder he's injured

Re: Getting a bit precarious!

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:19 am

Wakefield City wrote:Our points difference is worth 2 points so providing we don’t take any major hammerings the bottom 3 have to win 3 more games than we do. I reckon we’ve got a few more wins in us this season.

Up the Trin

that deference will be gone next week when we get smashed by Warrington - very very worrying times..

Re: Getting a bit precarious!

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:30 am

We probably need to write off the Warrington game but we still have to field a match day squad.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/